What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2016 Coaching Carousel

Reporting that he'll make $3 mil a year as head coach. This looks like their Embree so to speak. Go a couple years and get out of the buyout hole and then try for who they want.

Also I'm see the name Joey Freshwater come up for OC as well.
Similar to embree but they already have a great defensive coordinator and you have to think he has kiffen or sark lined up already in order to convince leadership to give him the job.

This is yet another example of why we should be thankful to have one of the best ADs in the country. We know UT replaces Mike Perrin at some point. LSU has meddlesome boosters, and a pretty weak AD in Alleva (see last year's attempted coup against the hat). Alleva clearly offered the job to the guy he knew would say yes today.......as he was afraid of getting turned down by Jimbo Fisher (which never got that far) and he apparently didn't want to look like he was that close with Tom Herman as soon as Texas' players showed us how badly they wanted Strong to stay.

LSU picked the guy who wanted he job and not the money is the word on the street

He's a "favorite son" of Louisiana.
He's loved by the players on the team.
He's cheap when they need that for the Miles buyout & university financial situation.
Worst case is that he'll recruit very well while not delivering a title and the cupboard will be stocked for the next guy in 3 years.

LSU picked the guy who wanted he job and not the money is the word on the street
He's a "favorite son" of Louisiana.
He's loved by the players on the team.
He's cheap when they need that for the Miles buyout & university financial situation.
Worst case is that he'll recruit very well while not delivering a title and the cupboard will be stocked for the next guy in 3 years.
Yes Jon Embree

Worse case and best case look very, very similar.

That's what I'm thinking. High floor, low ceiling. It would surprise me if Orgeron ****ed it up. It would surprise me if Orgeron did better than Miles.

LSU: Budget issues, bosses who bungled relations with the last coach which would make a job significantly less attractive. O was a very safe hire when it appeared the home run names weren't knocking down their door for an interview. Also a good chance he keeps Aranda if their current working relationship is good.

Hey O, repeat after yourself, "I want Bernardi!"

UT either hires Herman or fails. Binary outcome.

Why would Kiffin take a lateral move from the best program to a lower program? The only move that makes sense for Kiffin is to a HC job.

That's what I'm thinking. High floor, low ceiling. It would surprise me if Orgeron ****ed it up. It would surprise me if Orgeron did better than Miles.

He said that he learned a lot from the Ole Miss experience. I hope he has. This is probably the only other opportunity he'll ever get.

Odd that LSU would fire a winner for a guy that's not the highest valued assistant on the staff (Aranda anyone?). Sort of an obsessive compulsive mess. Good to know were not the only school out there that has had bad management.

UT either hires Herman or fails. Binary outcome.

Why would Kiffin take a lateral move from the best program to a lower program? The only move that makes sense for Kiffin is to a HC job.

Kiffin has an ego, as we all know, and may want to show that he isn't riding on Saban's coat tails. If he can take over the LSU offense, and beat Alabama, he may be in the Herman category for HC jobs.

Sure seems like it, he went 3-21 in the SEC when he was at Ole Miss. But that would be big if he's able to get Kiffin to join him.
Ed O was 12-4 as interim coach at two decent programs. Seems he's capable of learning. Something Water Bottle appeared incapable of doing.

I don't equate Orgeron to Embree at all. More like they hired their version of Brian Cabral. Embree never even held an interim HC job. Orgeron has HC experience in the SEC and was interim at two major programs.
He's a safe hire, but not a bad hire, IMO. Embree was anything but a safe hire.

Back