What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2019/20 CFB Coaching Carousel

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's actually not uncommon in the college FB head coach ranks.
No, it’s not. I don’t know why people are acting so weird about it when Leach acts that way. No coach likes being challenged and when it happens, nearly all of them will go off in some way or another. Leach is far more entertaining when he does it.

Whatever.

No, it’s not. I don’t know why people are acting so weird about it when Leach acts that way. No coach likes being challenged and when it happens, nearly all of them will go off in some way or another. Leach is far more entertaining when he does it.

Whatever.
That’s not entertainment. That’s flat out meanness. It shows you his character and what he thinks is important. It’s not a model for his players, but then again he doesn’t hestitate at all about throwing his players (and their fat girlfriends; again demeaning) under the bus routinely.

Whatever.

Because Leach is perfectly happy to get any and all publicity for being kooky, but cannot handle any tough questions when it comes down to his actual job: coaching football. His team just lost their 7th straight Apple Cup and he decided to make the post game press conference all about himself. That is not normal.

Leach isn't normal, that is what makes him entertaining. He is an above average coach. That is about it.

I was entertained. I really don’t care if he throws his players under the bus. I don’t care if he’s an asshole to the press.

How does Michigan keep Harbaugh after this debacle? I know Ohio State is INSANELY GOOD but still. You’re losing by 4 touchdowns right now to your biggest rival. They’re trending laterally, they haven’t shown any growth with Harbaugh as coach.

Because Leach is perfectly happy to get any and all publicity for being kooky, but cannot handle any tough questions when it comes down to his actual job: coaching football. His team just lost their 7th straight Apple Cup and he decided to make the post game press conference all about himself. That is not normal.
Leach is a guy with a history of taking under performing programs that have trouble competing in their leagues and making them competitive. He has a long history of coaching upset wins over teams near the top of their leagues.

He has never been able though to take a team to the top of it's league and stay there. He beats better teams but gets beat badly by the top teams.

You are right in that he is perfectly happy to talk football when he is winning but doesn't like answering questions when his teams lose.

If he can be at a school that is desperate to win games and where winning takes the pressure off he can be at his best. In a place like Boulder where the college program isn't the focus of the local media and where criticism is expected he could be a train wreck.

It will be interesting to see if the local media up there gives him a pass on this incident or if the pressure starts to increase. If that happens expect to see some more erratic behavior with the press, potentially to a point that he needs to move on.

How does Michigan keep Harbaugh after this debacle? I know Ohio State is INSANELY GOOD but still. You’re losing by 4 touchdowns right now to your biggest rival. They’re trending laterally, they haven’t shown any growth with Harbaugh as coach.
There are 100,000 michigan fans in that stadium including some big money donors to the university. They don't like losing to Ohio State once much less every year for eight years. Their expectations are higher than 9-3.

I was entertained. I really don’t care if he throws his players under the bus. I don’t care if he’s an asshole to the press.

A lot of coaches barely tolerate the press, but understand it is part of the job.

Mike Leach LOVES the press when he gets to riff nonsensically for minutes at a time, but flips a switch anyone has the audacity to ask him a reasonable question after he loses. That is not commendable, rather completely two-faced.

Regarding Leach, I have enjoyed him being a coach in CU’s conference for a lot of years. He’s entertaining, his teams play a unique style, and it’s all fun for me as a fan.

That said, I’d never want him to be the CU coach and I think he’s more of an ass than the average egoistic/cranky head football coach.

Regarding Leach, I have enjoyed him being a coach in CU’s conference for a lot of years. He’s entertaining, his teams play a unique style, and it’s all fun for me as a fan.

That said, I’d never want him to be the CU coach and I think he’s more of an ass than the average egoistic/cranky head football coach.
No argument from me on any of those points.

Do you honestly think there’s the remotest possibility he’d ever be CU’s coach?

There are 100,000 michigan fans in that stadium including some big money donors to the university. They don't like losing to Ohio State once much less every year for eight years. Their expectations are higher than 9-3.

Absolutely. Which is why I’m wondering if they keep letting him coach...they’re getting blasted by their biggest rival every year now.

With Odom out at Mizzou, I hope Ryan Walters lands on his feet. Watching them against Arkansas, it didn't look like the defensive side was the problem for Mizzou.

Do you honestly think there’s the remotest possibility he’d ever be CU’s coach?
No. But the entertainment value would almost offset the crater he would leave. About the only place he would be a worse fit would be in the Ivy league. If he came to CU, within a week, he would have everyone from the Animal Liberation Front to the Z Generation Social Justice League protesting him.

Things could get real dicey at Michigan State for Coach Dantonio if the current score holds and Spaty drops its home finale to Maryland.

MM isn't going to coach at CSU, IIRC he makes $1.5 mil as DC at Ole Miss. I don't see many G5 teams matching that. He isn't getting a P5 gig either this year.

With Odom out at Mizzou, I hope Ryan Walters lands on his feet. Watching them against Arkansas, it didn't look like the defensive side was the problem for Mizzou.
I'd take him as a DB coach for a year or two until he gets another DC job.

Absolutely. Which is why I’m wondering if they keep letting him coach...they’re getting blasted by their biggest rival every year now.

They're like Nebraska-they know they're irrelevant if they **** can their coach. Could Rammie get Sarkisian? He's a guy who may need to drop to the Group of 5 if he wants to be an HC again.

Harbaugh went full Leach in his post game press conference.

Reporter asked him paraphrasing here "What is the biggest difference between Michigan and Ohio State as you continue to lose these games, is it talent, coaching, something else?"

Harbaugh responded "I'm not going to respond to insults."

short clip of it is embedded in this article https://buckeyeswire.usatoday.com/2...augh-take-offense-to-gap-ohio-state-postgame/

Sounds like a guy who is on the edge right now. Don't know if he has a history with that particular reporter but this is the kind of thing coaches rarely win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back