What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2019/20 CFB Coaching Carousel

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what my point was earlier. Thinking Mike ****ing Bohn is the primary reason Helton is being retained is laughable. He's taking marching orders, plain and simple.

Bobo probably just had offset language that wasn't tied to being a head coach again and knows he is going to get an OC job around 1.2 million. You take the time value of money on the last three years and it makes sense, especially with CSU probably telling him that they would wait until January to fire him and his buyout would have been even less. Although you would think Bobo would come back and say I am not going to coach and you will pay me the full buyout then. Not really sure.

All we know is that Sexton ****ed CU with that head coach specific language.

This is what my point was earlier. Thinking Mike ****ing Bohn is the primary reason Helton is being retained is laughable. He's taking marching orders, plain and simple.

Sounds like Bohn had Wilner on speed dial to get the "not my fault" message out as quickly as possible. Not an auspicious start to a new tenure. Having the entire fan base hate you 3 weeks after taking the job has to be some kind of record. He'll probably can Enfield if basketball has a down year to make it look like he's doing something.

That wasn’t what you were all discussing, though. You were all acting like Bohn was the reason for the delay, controlling some narrative (wtf?), and general **** show going on. It’s not.

Actually, it was Mike Bohn not controlling the narrative. You apparently think leaving a situation at a football blue blood just twisting in the wind is unimportant, but it is. All this confirms is Mike Bohn has no idea how to run a P5 football program.

Bohn's twitter is BRUTAL. Few positive response, mostly from opposing team's fans.

fire mike.jpg

Last edited:
Actually, it was Mike Bohn not controlling the narrative. You apparently think leaving a situation at a football blue blood just twisting in the wind is unimportant, but it is. All this confirms is Mike Bohn has no idea how to run a P5 football program.
How long did it twist?

Yep, several good ADs became disinterested for this reason. She is sending a strong message to the good old boy network at USC. They created a mess. Their days are over. New sheriff in town. Folt.

Three days since the first report Helton was being fired. Clown show.
There was a credible report that he was out? To me it was clear that they were keeping him given Folt’s stance plus the Bohn/Helton post UCLA interaction.

How can anyone excuse Bohn on all this? Even if he was told that he had to keep Helton, he still handled the situation like a turd. The dude is wildly bad at his job. We saw it here first-hand.

You also have to think that this is going to give pause to any other A-list coach out there considering USC in future years.

Anyway- i hope their recruiting stays in the tank. Buffs have to take advantage at some point. Utah is.

How can anyone excuse Bohn on all this? Even if he was told that he had to keep Helton, he still handled the situation like a turd. The dude is wildly bad at his job. We saw it here first-hand.

You also have to think that this is going to give pause to any other A-list coach out there considering USC in future years.

Anyway- i hope their recruiting stays in the tank. Buffs have to take advantage at some point. Utah is.
CU has to beat SC next year.

Bohn's positioned himself to be Larry Scott's heir apparent.

Once he's done being the public's front man punching bag for the USC stakeholders, he can do the same for the Pac-12 presidents at a much lower price than Scott. From there, he'd be in line to take over for Roger Goodell and serve the same function for NFL owners.

There's a lot of value in being a guy who won't ever rock the boat, make demands or push a vision that makes the political and monied interests uncomfortable. Bohn's got "do what you're told and take accountability for the decisions" down to an art form.

Last edited:
Running game concerns. New OC. New O. Hue Jackson likes the pocket (if he’s the man). One year too early for them IMO.
Did Eno Benjamin declare for the NFL? Assuming that happens, it's a monster blow to that offense. One of the best backs I've seen in the Pac-12 since we joined.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back