What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2019/20 CFB Coaching Carousel

Status
Not open for further replies.
THey improves in every part of the game but only by one win. That isn’t enough in year 5. No matter what people here say, CSU is one of the top G5 jobs in the country, they won’t have an issue attracting coaches.
Uhhh great point with no support.

If that’s really her goal, she will be unemployed soon, too. She can dig her heels in all the way to the unemployment line. The good OL boys still run USC, and she’d be well served to figure that out.

Or not. I actually enjoy the drama. It’s fun to watch another program step on its dick for once.
It’s the whole reason the BOR hired her. And have her the reform mandate.

They are working on accountability measures - including staff changes - something Swann never did.
But Swann had a 7 handicap and was a stellar alum....that's ALL that mattered to the powers that were, at the time he was hired.

Kap has been his OL and OC at a couple different places until they were fired at UNC. I believe that if Fedora gets a P5 HC job and if Kap goes with him, Tucker will have a hard time finding an equal or better replacement.

If this scenario plays out-I'd start my search with Scott Huff at Washington.

“They”?

Not trying to be a dick but certainly you can do better than that.

Boise, Army, Navy, Air Force, UCF, USF... is CSU job better than Louisville? Houston?

LOL Group of 5 jobs that are better than Rammie: Boise, the service academies, SMU, Memphis, Cincinnati, UCF, USF, FAU, FIU, Houston, San Diego State, Hawaii, Fresno, App State, Arkansas State, Wyoming, Utah State.......I could probably give you more if you want lol

well, the sheep have pulled some "name" coaches in over the years. it isn't fair to suggest otherwise. earl bruce, trash mouth sonny... and p5 coordinators too. i think their best bet would be to get an old guy covered in some disrepute like bruce and trash mouth. the "i don't give a **** and i am going to make all you ****ers pay" coaching ethos is their best fit.

well, the sheep have pulled some "name" coaches in over the years. it isn't fair to suggest otherwise. earl bruce, trash mouth sonny... and p5 coordinators too. i think their best bet would be to get an old guy covered in some disrepute like bruce and trash mouth. the "i don't give a **** and i am going to make all you ****ers pay" coaching ethos is their best fit.

They're going to struggle to get a name. Hot P5 coordinators know they're better off waiting for a P5 gig or really, really good G5 (think UCF here) gig. That's not one. If I'm them, I'd start by calling Steve Sarkisian. He's young enough at 45 to where he's probably going to get another crack at being an HC, and he's also damaged goods enough to where he's gotta show he can run a G5 level program before he can get back to the P5 like Kiffin did. If that's not an option, I'd look at current FCS head coaches. I'd start with Troy Taylor (Sac State) and Jay Hill (Weber) if I'm them.

They're going to struggle to get a name. Hot P5 coordinators know they're better off waiting for a P5 gig or really, really good G5 (think UCF here) gig. That's not one. If I'm them, I'd start by calling Steve Sarkisian. He's young enough at 45 to where he's probably going to get another crack at being an HC, and he's also damaged goods enough to where he's gotta show he can run a G5 level program before he can get back to the P5 like Kiffin did. If that's not an option, I'd look at current FCS head coaches. I'd start with Troy Taylor (Sac State) and Jay Hill (Weber) if I'm them.
Some of their fans think Hill would be an interesting hire.

The “damaged goods” hires usually work out well for them. Larry Eustachy and Earle Bruce come to mind.

They do reconcile actually. If it took him that long to figure out marching orders, yikes.
Again, you’re under the assumption he was operating on his own with all of this. Taking his sweet time, making his own decisions, everyone waiting on him. That’s just not the case. He came in as a yes man AD and the public whipping boy for moves of the actually decision makers at USC.

It’a funny because this is like people thinking Roger Goodell is actually making policy and major decisions for the NFL, when it’s the actual owners doing so and he’s simply being paid handsomely to be the public face of it all.

Believe what you want to believe, I guess

Again, you’re under the assumption he was operating on his own with all of this. Taking his sweet time, making his own decisions, everyone waiting on him. That’s just not the case. He came in as a yes man AD and the public whipping boy for moves of the actually decision makers at USC.

It’a funny because this is like people thinking Roger Goodell is actually making policy and major decisions for the NFL, when it’s the actual owners doing so and he’s simply being paid handsomely to be the public face of it all.

Believe what you want to believe, I guess

Being a yes man does not mean you are just completely tone deaf.

I have no doubt Bohn had to face a lot of forces head-on, but to just say "marching orders" ends the argument on his culpability is laughable.

Being a yes man does not mean you are just completely tone deaf.

I have no doubt Bohn had to face a lot of forces head-on, but to just say "marching orders" ends the argument on his culpability is laughable.
He’s been on the job for all of like 3 weeks. I think you’re severely overestimating just how much of a role he played in the ultimate decision to retain Helton. Especially since, from all accounts, the entire reason he came to SC was because HE believed he would be able to bring in Urban Meyer. This has their old lady President pulling every string all over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back