What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2019/20 CFB Coaching Carousel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miami -2 vs UVA seems strange to me. Am I missing something? Canes rally for new CB? UVA injuries? ?!?!?!

Interesting, but doesn't one of his kids have a rare disease that a hospital in Seattle specializes in? He mentioned that as being a big reason he went there. I think he has bigger aspirations than the next big thing, it seems.

He actually decided to leave for UW when his son with the weird disease got better. He's going to retire at UW sadly.

Sounds like Taggart's seat is really heating up.

Big names like Urban and Kelly mentioned, but Mark Stoops seems like the coach to watch closely.

I have nothing to base this on outside of his twitter saying he lives in Destin currently, but Jack Del Rio might be a fallback for FSU too

Now that Gundy's main burr under his saddle is gone, I kind of think Gundy is bullet proof at Okie lite for the foreseeable future.

Maybe Gundy?

I suppose, but with T. Boone no longer with us, I'm not sure if he's going be spending as much time flirting with other schools as he has in years past. FSU owes Taggart $17M if they fire him-I wouldn't be shocked if he got another year just because his buyout figure is so big. If they do fire him, they won't be a part of the Urban Meyer sweepstakes IMO. The only job I think Urban takes in CFB is USC.

I suppose, but with T. Boone no longer with us, I'm not sure if he's going be spending as much time flirting with other schools as he has in years past. FSU owes Taggart $17M if they fire him-I wouldn't be shocked if he got another year just because his buyout figure is so big. If they do fire him, they won't be a part of the Urban Meyer sweepstakes IMO. The only job I think Urban takes in CFB is USC.
I think Urban would like USC but that USC wouldn't want Urban. They got enough on their plate to worry about having a coach like that at HC.

I agree, if Urban goes back to coaching, it will be at SC. That would be scary. SC recruits itself and a mildly competent coach makes them a NC contender in a year or two. FSU is a trainwreck. Jimbo got out while the getting was good. I doubt Urban wants to do a rebuild. SC has the talent to be real good, real fast.

CU victory this week ends Helton's time at USC.

Is their AD situation still in flux?

It's interesting- they've lost three times, all three on the road, twice by only 3 points, once in OT...

Besides Oregon, and maybe ASU, they will be favored in each game they play here on out, and could conceivably win them all.

Say they lose one of Oregon/ASU and win the other and finish 8-4... does he survive? Seems like no... but I don't have a good pulse on how their boosters and fans feel about him.

Now that Gundy's main burr under his saddle is gone, I kind of think Gundy is bullet proof at Okie lite for the foreseeable future.

He's catching heat down in the land of amber mud and swirling winds. Media mostly but some less than happy fans are talking too. They point to some games where okie lite looked pashionless, the mullet's use of his star rb, his oddball comments during pressers, etc.

I think T Boone was firmly in Gundy's corner and now that support is gone. This has a chance to go full soap opera by season's end.

He's catching heat down in the land of amber mud and swirling winds. Media mostly but some less than happy fans are talking too. They point to some games where okie lite looked pashionless, the mullet's use of his star rb, his oddball comments during pressers, etc.

I think T Boone was firmly in Gundy's corner and now that support is gone. This has a chance to go full soap opera by season's end.
If there are Okie Lite folks who are negative on Gundy and his job performance, that's the very definition of a coach being the victim of his own success.

If there are Okie Lite folks who are negative on Gundy and his job performance, that's the very definition of a coach being the victim of his own success.
Agreed, but at some point, a fan base wants to see a team get over the hump and 9-10 win seasons aren't special anymore. I'm not saying it's right or that he should be fired, but I understand the desire for a coach who can elevate them to the elite tier.

I'm sure theres an element of that fanbase who wants championships, but they could go out and get some D2 Danny type of clown if the Mullet ever moved on from there and wind up right back where they were under Bob Simmons. This is Gundy's 15th year in Stillwater-they've been to bowls 13 years in a row under his watch. I would take that type of success tomorrow if he ever left there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back