What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2019/20 CFB Coaching Carousel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did the Panthers feel they had to give Rhule a 7 year deal and all that money? Who were they bidding against at this point? And the Giants are such a mess. That guys is going to be so far in over his head.

Why did the Panthers feel they had to give Rhule a 7 year deal and all that money? Who were they bidding against at this point? And the Giants are such a mess. That guys is going to be so far in over his head.
**** bailer. They had to one up that contract

And the Giants are such a mess. That guys is going to be so far in over his head.
Bizarre hire. What on his resume reads “Head Coach”? Partner that with the media scrutiny in New York and it’s almost like they said “It’s going to be a disaster without Eli. Let’s get someone we can fire cheap after we get the first pick in a year”.

Rhule called the Giants and asked if they would match the Panthers contract. They were like yeah we are good.

Also a reminder that people were arguing with me (passionately) just a month ago claiming that Tua would not go in the first round. :LOL:
I've seen him as high as 6 today on some mockers going to MIA. Anyone want to double down on that? yeah he's not going in the first round. :rolleyes:

Rhule called the Giants and asked if they would match the Panthers contract. They were like yeah we are good.

Also a reminder that people were arguing with me (passionately) just a month ago claiming that Tua would not go in the first round. :LOL:
I've seen him as high as 6 today on some mockers going to MIA. Anyone want to double down on that? yeah he's not going in the first round. :rolleyes:
Who was passionately arguing with you about Tua not going in the first?

Miami has been the likely landing spot for Tua all along. They love him. And they have pretty tepid interest in the other top QBs, and apparently really don’t think much of Oregon’s Herbert at all.

Miami has been the likely landing spot for Tua all along. They love him. And they have pretty tepid interest in the other top QBs, and apparently really don’t think much of Oregon’s Herbert at all.
I think that would be a damn good spot for Tua. I don't blame them on the Hebert part, now he'll turn into TFB :LOL: .

Bailer names: Arky St. Blake Andersen, Seth Littrell, Larry Fedora, Billy Napier and wait for it...Hugh Freeze.

Moorhead did not fit in down there.
Must have smoked a Meerschaum pipe and quoted Robert Frost extensively. I think that Starkville still favors the Jackie Sherrill template, where you castrate a longhorn right before an OOC game with Texas....

Slightly above average P5 job.
Recruiting hotbed....long standing rivalries. Short travel times to most away games. And lotsa TX HS players prefer to stay in-state. Just sayin' it's got some built-in easy **** that comes with it....

Miss. St. board going from "Judge will be OK with the right staff", to "we dodged a bullet" in less than 12 hours.

Now hoping Napier, and just about any other coach you have heard of, or not heard of...many a Bulldog now prepared to accept the inevitable.

Recruiting hotbed....long standing rivalries. Short travel times to most away games. And lotsa TX HS players prefer to stay in-state. Just sayin' it's got some built-in easy **** that comes with it....

It is late SWC era Texas A&M. The town appeals to some decent in-state kids, but not really many of the blue chips. Decent regional program with a lot of competition, but there is a clear ceiling.

It is late SWC era Texas A&M. The town appeals to some decent in-state kids, but not really many of the blue chips. Decent regional program with a lot of competition, but there is a clear ceiling.
True, but they seem to get near that ceiling pretty quickly. Point taken that UT and OK will always out recruit them, but there's a ton of talent within a 4 hour drive radius....

True, but they seem to get near that ceiling pretty quickly. Point taken that UT and OK will always out recruit them, but there's a ton of talent within a 4 hour drive radius....

The Texas recruiting landscape has changed with the arrival of the SEC.

The Texas recruiting landscape has changed with the arrival of the SEC.
Good point. UT has to fight harder than in the past. Some of the automatics of 10 years ago are less automatic now. Multiple so-so seasons will do that, even to them.

In some lighter news San Diego State HC Rocky Long (81-38 since 2011) is interviewing today with Dino Babers for the DC job at Syracuse. Must need a change of pace/scenery. Good coach....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back