What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

***OFFICIAL 2019 CU FOOTBALL FALL CAMP THREAD***

Just going to say it and see if it sticks.........TUCKERNUTS.
giphy.gif

Feeling better about safety overall, but corner looks scary as hell right now. Not exactly a physically imposing group.

Having only three semi experienced corners, two rail thin and one injury prone, in the PAC 12, is as close to worst case scenario as possible. I'm already dreading game 7 in Pullman, our secondary against the pirate, even if it's fully healthy. Imagine if Abrams, Miller, and/or Blackman are out. What's our dime package going to look like?

Having only three semi experienced corners, two rail thin and one injury prone, in the PAC 12, is as close to worst case scenario as possible. I'm already dreading game 7 in Pullman, our secondary against the pirate, even if it's fully healthy. Imagine if Abrams, Miller, and/or Blackman are out. What's our dime package going to look like?
Hope we have a pass rush.

With USC also going with a version of Air Raid, corners are going to be tested quite a bit in those two games.

Really good stuff on Sami, JVD and Onu.

The stuff about JVD working so hard on Saturday that he lost 9 lbs at one practice and needed IV bags afterward... that's the kind of guy teammates want to go to war with. Fires me up from my office chair, so I can only imagine how I'd be if I was playing with him.

BIB get those nasty thoughts out off your head, I agree DB's are young. The reports out of camp though is those skinny little guys battle what I think most posters here consider to be the best WR and one of the best WR groups in the nation everyday and are making plays. Won't matter who CU is playing if they aren't disrupting the passer. Plus it's aug.

BIB get those nasty thoughts out off your head, I agree DB's are young. The reports out of camp though is those skinny little guys battle what I think most posters here consider to be the best WR and one of the best WR groups in the nation everyday and are making plays. Won't matter who CU is playing if they aren't disrupting the passer. Plus it's aug.

Of course, pass rush matters, but the secondary still needs to make plays. That group cost us a bowl game last season.

Of course, pass rush matters, but the secondary still needs to make plays. That group cost us a bowl game last season.
completely agree, about last years group. This group at least battles in camp is the point, I could care less about last year. New staff new coaches hoping for better play. I'm still hopefull this year they compete for the ball all the way to the ground and make plays.

completely agree, about last years group. This group at least battles in camp is the point, I could care less about last year. New staff new coaches hoping for better play. I'm still hopefull this year they compete for the ball all the way to the ground and make plays.

I bring up last year because depth was exposed in a big way. We are not going to be any deeper this season.

I bring up last year because depth was exposed in a big way. We are not going to be any deeper this season.
On the positive front, there was a bit in the presser today about the DBs doing a much better job in the last practices of breaking up passes when targeted.

I believe they'll get good coaching. I believe there is some talent. And I know that they're competing against one of the top 20 receiving corps in the nation (possibly even better than that). So I have to believe that they will develop and be much better than last season.

Really good stuff on Sami, JVD and Onu.

The stuff about JVD working so hard on Saturday that he lost 9 lbs at one practice and needed IV bags afterward... that's the kind of guy teammates want to go to war with. Fires me up from my office chair, so I can only imagine how I'd be if I was playing with him.

You may find that inspiring, I think it’s stupid. It takes several days to recover from that level of dehydration and exhaustion. So unless they have several days off between camp practices, he’ll be less effective the next two practices.

You may find that inspiring, I think it’s stupid. It takes several days to recover from that level of dehydration and exhaustion. So unless they have several days off between camp practices, he’ll be less effective the next two practices.
He got IV’s so should be fine

Can't it be both? Inspiring because he proved beyond doubt that he's willing to empty the tank all the way. A teachable moment because he needs to not be doing that unless it's a game.

After tucker essentially said practice without pads is pointless, that is a pretty big endorsement of Broussard after the first day in full pads. I didn’t really see him contributing much.

I assume CU does post and pre weights. Players should be held out if they have not recovered their weight.

Saturday was hot and sunny.

Back