What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

***OFFICIAL 2019 CU FOOTBALL FALL CAMP THREAD***

Do you think I'd have posted that if I'd seen it and/or read it? Jeezus Hawg, lighten up. You found an article and became the resident expert on our new defense, we get it.
I have studied the 3-4 for several years, especially as a solution to new trends in college offenses. You should keep up with threads.

I have studied the 3-4 for several years, especially as a solution to new trends in college offenses. You should keep up with threads.
I think we're moving toward seeing 3-man fronts to occupy and disrupt the OL but with a lot more of the "positonless" concept for the back 8. Whether it's that or something else, I expect that after the recent couple decades of offensive innovation it is time for the pendulum to switch back toward defensive innovation.

Anyone curious about the likely depth chart should give this a view:

I think the only surprise here is the safety position opposite Onu. Its not really even a surprise, but I figured Maddox had the other position pretty secure.

Anyone curious about the likely depth chart should give this a view:

I did not know JVD was hobbled. I knew he was with 2s but I heard it was to help them with calls and checks. Nevertheless, I expect Allen to play a lot this year.

Sucks to hear about JVD getting hurt. Allen is a guy that will get exposed against a Scott frost offense if he is depending on pure athleticism to make up for lack of knowledge in the system.

The way the Broncos starting D played against the 49ers the other night is how I would love to see us play, with very creative blitzing and movement, and players in non-traditional positions. Obviously we do not have hardly any guys like they do, especially Chubb that looked unstoppable, but maybe since Tucker has such a great resume, he has those creative tools up his sleeve. We will not need it for the Rammies, but would love to see some sneaky big hits on Adrian Martinez!!!

The way the Broncos starting D played against the 49ers the other night is how I would love to see us play, with very creative blitzing and movement, and players in non-traditional positions. Obviously we do not have hardly any guys like they do, especially Chubb that looked unstoppable, but maybe since Tucker has such a great resume, he has those creative tools up his sleeve. We will not need it for the Rammies, but would love to see some sneaky big hits on Adrian Martinez!!!

Sweep the leg.

The last few days have seen it get pretty testy around these parts. Grammar nazi’s, incompletes for not completing home work, making fun of others life long work, and even some trying to get other member’s wives to go to Casa Bonita.

The season can’t get here fast enough.

It’s taken several years to study the 3-4? It isn’t that complex. Also, maybe not be a jerk if someone hasn’t read one of your threads. I was unaware it was required reading.
I have taken the time to study it over the last few years as it emerged and morphed. The 3-4 is very complex, you are wrong.

The way MM ran it was simple.

Back