What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2020 Fall Camp Thread

What a waste. I remember being pretty excited about him when he first came here. Sounds like he has his own set of issues to deal with that make him a rather unpleasant person to be around.

There was 1 reply to chase and 1 to adam implying something about political views being an issue. Is that just some lame excuse or was he full on MAGA and just pissing everyone off?

There was 1 reply to chase and 1 to adam implying something about political views being an issue. Is that just some lame excuse or was he full on MAGA and just pissing everyone off?

I had avoiding saying anything since he was on the team but... And players definitely noticed

One of the benefits of football, and sports generally, is that players develop a deep and meaningful relationship with others that are not like themselves. Being separated from one another physically, and without the guidance of coaches, can allow discontent to fester, especially with social media. Now that practice has begun and the coaches are present, the players will hopefully gel. Plus, the election is only three weeks away, and all the players will be busy with school and fall camp.

Well that’s disappointing, good depth piece and had some good reviews from the scout team last year according to adam. Apparently not very good at listening to teammates though

It doesn't have to be. Respectful disagreement is elusive, but not impossible.
I don't know on this one.

College aged people can respectfully disagree on a lot of things but as we have seen since George Floyd there is a big segment of the population that is no longer willing to sit back and just accept racism as being an acceptable view on the world.

Considering that most college teams include a significant number of people of color and that many of those individuals come from neighborhoods that are the most impacted by racism it is hard to see this one getting a pass.

Well that’s disappointing, good depth piece and had some good reviews from the scout team last year according to adam. Apparently not very good at listening to teammates though

Sparaco isn’t any good, and wouldn’t have played. He knew it and quit.

His Pomona teammates didn't like him either, which is why he transferred to Creek. Didn't think Creek was good enough, so went to IMG. Was JAGy at IMG and didn't get any other offers, so stuck with CU. Couldn't hack it at CU under MM, so transferred to Montana State. Didn't like that so took a Walk On offer under MT. Teammates didn't like him once again and wasn't going to see playing time, so he quit. Good ****ing riddance.

About 40% of the country is going to vote for trump, and I imagine while maybe a little less, a still sizeable miniority of the football team will vote for trump. I lean liberal, but even in my social circles, I have several friends that will vote for trump. The coaches and team, as well as everyone, are going to have to accept that there are those that disagree on topics. I don't think this issue needs to be divisive in the locker room - many guys will not be friends; they don't have to be.

Sparaco is a different case imo. I am on friendly terms, although we don't talk regularly or anything, with someone that helped coach Sparaco in HS. When they were HS seniors, I asked him about JVD, and his eyes lit up. JVD is a beast; works hard; great talent, etc. I asked him about Sparaco, and his face did a 180. Sparaco was entitield, spoiled, etc. This guy I know is a rather emotional guy, so maybe he just recently had a negative time with Sparaco when I asked my question. But, from what we can publicly observe, his actions don't seem to be about winning with a team. Hope the kid grows up and becomes a good person, but clearly not a huge loss.

Why has he never contended for a upper depth chart position? Undersized. What else?
He has to sit out last year because of his transfer but adam said he was making a lot of noise on the scout team and was in line to be a quality depth piece on defense. He isn’t even really undersized, he has Good size and length.

Okay well I will trust adam on this one.

1. Adam said he performed well on the scout team. Bear in mind that is against an OL unit that does not ooze with depth.
2. My awards list for last year must have a typo, because it’s says the scout team defensive award winners were OLB Alec Pell and S Ryan Travis.
3. I’d be interested to know your pencil depth chart at DT, so I can see where you would have Sparaco slated versus his peers in that position group. Please include true freshman that would not lose any eligibility by receiving snaps. Also, with a shortened season, please project the number of snaps available for each of the three deep.

He has to sit out last year because of his transfer but adam said he was making a lot of noise on the scout team and was in line to be a quality depth piece on defense. He isn’t even really undersized, he has Good size and length.
What position would he have contributed at? DE? Hand in dirt? He’s certainly not a DT. I’d run right at him, yes, given his size vs OTs in the league. Rush edge? Nah. Much better options even at this limited position. Interested in your projection, and why?

Then there is all the other stuff.

1. Adam said he performed well on the scout team. Bear in mind that is against an OL unit that does not ooze with depth.
2. My awards list for last year must have a typo, because it’s says the scout team defensive award winners were OLB Alec Pell and S Ryan Travis.
3. I’d be interested to know your pencil depth chart at DT, so I can see where you would have Sparaco slated versus his peers in that position group. Please include true freshman that would not lose any eligibility by receiving snaps. Also, with a shortened season, please project the number of snaps available for each of the three deep.
Buzz. You have Sporaco at DT? Oy.
What is his last listed size?

Back