What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2020 Fall Camp Thread

1. Adam said he performed well on the scout team. Bear in mind that is against an OL unit that does not ooze with depth.
2. My awards list for last year must have a typo, because it’s says the scout team defensive award winners were OLB Alec Pell and S Ryan Travis.
3. I’d be interested to know your pencil depth chart at DT, so I can see where you would have Sparaco slated versus his peers in that position group. Please include true freshman that would not lose any eligibility by receiving snaps. Also, with a shortened season, please project the number of snaps available for each of the three deep.
Adam said he won awards and was someone to watch out for as a contributor this coming season. We have some good starting defensive lineman but he would have been a good depth piece for us. Not trying to say he was a stud or anything but he quit because there was clearly a disconnect with him and his teammates regarding his political views and he got called out for it a couple times. Not a huge deal but also not good (could help in terms of cohesion).

Buzz. You have Sporaco at DT? Oy.
What is his last listed size?
He's no longer listed on CU's site, but ESPN has him listed at 270 lbs. If that's accurate, he might be able to be a hand in the dirt DE in this defense, but no shot at OLB or DT. Seems like he would have been kind of a tweener.

What position would he have contributed at? DE? Hand in dirt? He’s certainly not a DT. I’d run right at him, yes, given his size vs OTs in the league. Rush edge? Nah. Much better options even at this limited position. Interested in your projection, and why?

Then there is all the other stuff.
Stand up defensive end.

Stand up defensive end.
There is no such thing on the CU defense unless they are in 4-2 money, where he has to be a really good rusher.

otherwise, are you thinking about OLB with Wells, Thomas. and that crew? Zero chance. Not near mobile enough.

Another idea?

I just don’t see it.

There is no such thing on the CU defense unless they are in 4-2 money, where he has to be a really good rusher.

otherwise, are you thinking about OLB with Wells, Thomas. and that crew? Zero chance. Not near mobile enough.

Another idea?

I just don’t see it.
He is pretty athletic for his size actually.

It's only day 4, so seems pretty standard to give the veteran players the first crack at the first team. If Lewis is still only getting 3rd string reps on day 15, I'll be with you in being upset.
The fact that Noyer is even in the conversation, a guy that was deemed so crap at that position that they moved him to safety, is bothering the **** out of me.

Adam said he won awards and was someone to watch out for as a contributor this coming season. We have some good starting defensive lineman but he would have been a good depth piece for us. Not trying to say he was a stud or anything but he quit because there was clearly a disconnect with him and his teammates regarding his political views and he got called out for it a couple times. Not a huge deal but also not good (could help in terms of cohesion).

He did win scout player of the week multiple times. I think he was looking at third or fourth string, depending how you view it behind Terrance Lang, JUCO Justin Jackson, and RS freshman Jayden Simon. Then there are true freshman to consider. Remember, Sparaco bolted for Montana State the last time he was third string at CU. I agree that he could’ve been a rotational depth piece, but rotational pieces aren’t good if they’re not team first guys. The saga came to its logical conclusion.

Langsdorf, a Mike Riley disciple who has run exclusively a pro-style offense in his career, is not handing the reins to Lewis.

This is part of the reason I've been worried about Langsdorf being on the staff. I think that it would be easier for CU to get to consistent bowl contention with Dual Threat QB's and I'm just not sure Langsdorf is on board with that.

This creates multiple incongruencies in terms of recruiting and development.

Everytime I hear WCO, I wish we still had the emoji with the guy banging his head into the wall.

Everytime I hear WCO, I wish we still had the emoji with the guy banging his head into the wall.
gifs are better
giphy.gif

Did everyone think Lewis was going to come into his first camp and get first and second string snaps right away? I mean, not even Jayden Daniels got that. Let's see where we are at, at the end of the week.
Yes, especially the QB room he walked in to and the stated intent of Mel.

then things changed.

What we don't have a clue on yet is how ready Lewis is to run the offense at all. Has he learned the system and ready to physically give it a shot (knowing he will make freshman mistakes) or is he looking at the coach in total confusion with every instruction?

What we don't have a clue on yet is how ready Lewis is to run the offense at all. Has he learned the system and ready to physically give it a shot (knowing he will make freshman mistakes) or is he looking at the coach in total confusion with every instruction?
Dorrell seemed to walk back his comments initially about Lewis and then the depth chart shows all three as equals. He said that he was swimming like all freshman so its not a coincidence that we are seeing this initially. Honestly, we probably won't know who the starter is until the first game and can see them having an open depth chart throughout camp.

About 40% of the country is going to vote for trump, and I imagine while maybe a little less, a still sizeable miniority of the football team will vote for trump. I lean liberal, but even in my social circles, I have several friends that will vote for trump. The coaches and team, as well as everyone, are going to have to accept that there are those that disagree on topics. I don't think this issue needs to be divisive in the locker room - many guys will not be friends; they don't have to be.

Sparaco is a different case imo. I am on friendly terms, although we don't talk regularly or anything, with someone that helped coach Sparaco in HS. When they were HS seniors, I asked him about JVD, and his eyes lit up. JVD is a beast; works hard; great talent, etc. I asked him about Sparaco, and his face did a 180. Sparaco was entitield, spoiled, etc. This guy I know is a rather emotional guy, so maybe he just recently had a negative time with Sparaco when I asked my question. But, from what we can publicly observe, his actions don't seem to be about winning with a team. Hope the kid grows up and becomes a good person, but clearly not a huge loss.
Trump will get 50 million votes, which is like 15% of the country.

Everyone's thoughts on Langsdorf and his history of Pro-Style only is warranted. But I hope we have no idea who the starter is until the first game. If UCLA is in the dark until week 1 along with us that gives a slight advantage, and I'll take whatever advantages we can get.

Back