What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2022 Cricket Celebration Bowl Thread

Ghost of Jackie Smith
Jonah Hill References GIF

• Haha
Reactions: DBT
JSU D got hammered in the run game. 6 ypc on 42 carries. Damn.
They got completely dominated and this is suppose to be the best defensive team in the FCS. Where is NDSU getting dominated in the run? Never. JSU can't put this on Gaddy not playing, this is suppose to be a team defensive effort. Disgusting lost but if you watched every game, you know what Davis from Alabama State did before he was hurt, you know what Tennessee State's Ellis did, you know what McDaniels from Southern did, if you can accurately make average difficulty passes and you are a good runner of the football, you can punish this defense.

They did their best work against a good QB who's a pocket passer but against mobile dual threat guys who can actually make decent passes, they gotten killed. This is on the defense for me. I really didn't see the offense as the problem other than the run blocking. Sanders made most of the throws. That's what you want. The defense was killed. Miller who is surefire, struggled. Easily the worst game of Silmon-Craig career who was the only solid player when they lost to SC State last year. Shilo looked bad on a national stage again. Disgusting but on to Colorado. Deion better recruit his ass off in the trenches.

I am not unhappy that we brought in a DC that isn't from JSU
Thurman is a good coach but I've been saying he's fools gold as a playcalling coordinator. So much is depended on getting to the QB and putting an offense in a must pass situation and relying on the offense to kill the opponent which they typically do. Honestly, I didn't like some of the play calls on offense but you can't get mad at the OC if the OL just isn't getting much of a push aside from Willis Patrick.

If you watch all of the JSU games, you would see that Willis Patrick is the only OL on this team worth a damn, I don't why PFF likes some of the others. It's Shedeur or the RB bailing them out but today, Wilkerson has no room to operate in. I can't get mad at him, he ran hard.

I hope the kid that dropped the TD isn’t a senior. That would be haunting to have that be the last play of your football career.

Anyway, that was an entertaining game despite the bummer about the ending. Considering their offensive line wasn’t as good as their defensive line I think it was impressive how close they were to winning.

Shadeur has an impressive amount of composure under duress and is actually more of a dynamic athlete than showed up on the highlights I’ve seen. Looking forward to seeing him play at CU.

Really hope Trevor Woods stays. He's way better than any JSU safety. But he must feel a little insecure.
Rough outing for the safeties outside of Higgins. Cam really hasn't had even an average game this year, it's been really good or excellent but he was just bad today. Maybe the worst defensive player on the team outside of DL. Miller who also been special this year was a no show today and boy did JSU need him to show up. He's going to the senior bowl, he needs to make up for today's crap show

Back