What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2022 Fall Camp Thread

BuffZone says out of 118 players, 62 freshmen & 30 sophs. 26 upper class men.

OP’s gif is probably an accurate assessment of how this season will go.

Special teams looking, um, special.
Fail Fun And Games GIF

I'm curious to see how the LB corps plays this season. It seems like we got a good transfer from WVU in JCS (Josh Chandler-Semedo) and we have Barnes who repped the D at P12 Media Days.

On defense, it seems like we are going to more of a 4-3 defense this season. That D is going to have to make some stops while the new O takes its lumps early in the season. With JCS, Barnes, and Perry at LB, it seems like we are good at LB but I read about a young secondary.

I hope the CU coaching staff just doesn't hand B-Lew the starting QB job right away after a poor season on offense last season. I hope Shrout and the other QBs give him quite the competition this month. I'm going to disregard all the good reports about Arias being excellent in practice until he shows us something in actual games.

I'm curious to see how the LB corps plays this season. It seems like we got a good transfer from WVU in JCS (Josh Chandler-Semedo) and we have Barnes who repped the D at P12 Media Days.

On defense, it seems like we are going to more of a 4-3 defense this season. That D is going to have to make some stops while the new O takes its lumps early in the season. With JCS, Barnes, and Perry at LB, it seems like we are good at LB but I read about a young secondary.

I hope the CU coaching staff just doesn't hand B-Lew the starting QB job right away after a poor season on offense last season. I hope Shrout and the other QBs give him quite the competition this month. I'm going to disregard all the good reports about Arias being excellent in practice until he shows us something in actual games.
Who’s hands are more sus - Arias or DD Goodson

Do we have the offense to score 28?
We will be bigger and faster than them at every position, but they are well coached and great with their fundamentals. CU’s gameplan, IMO, should be to try to overwhelm them with the running game until they prove they can stop it and then it’ll come down to Lewis/Shrout making enough plays.

Even a bad P5 program like CU has more athletes and talent than the academies, but when P5 programs lose these games, it’s because of coaching.

As we go into fall camp, it’s hard to be optimistic. The media have picked the Buffs last, the coaches aren’t scared, and the fans of every team slot the Buffs as a sure win on their schedules. Unfortunately, the consensus is usually right. Nobody should expect a good season, or even a middling one. However, if you want to be optimistic, there are a couple of things to hope for that may allow the Buffs to mildly surprise to the upside.

On offense, the changes really need to come from coaching. The disastrous tenure of Chiaverini is over at OC. Mitch Rodrigue is long gone and was universally despised by his position group. The offensive line was just completely lost last year. You have to hope that Sanford and Devan can be significant upgrades that will be better able to position the offense to win some games.

On defense, there aren’t any stars on the defensive line, but it’s a decent group that can run maybe three units deep. Rotating in a bunch of fresh players may allow the team to win the line of scrimmage as the game wears on, particularly in the altitude of Boulder. It’s not much to pin your hopes on, given the enormous losses in the secondary, but something that may help the youngsters back there.

As we go into fall camp, it’s hard to be optimistic. The media have picked the Buffs last, the coaches aren’t scared, and the fans of every team slot the Buffs as a sure win on their schedules. Unfortunately, the consensus is usually right. Nobody should expect a good season, or even a middling one. However, if you want to be optimistic, there are a couple of things to hope for that may allow the Buffs to mildly surprise to the upside.

On offense, the changes really need to come from coaching. The disastrous tenure of Chiaverini is over at OC. Mitch Rodrigue is long gone and was universally despised by his position group. The offensive line was just completely lost last year. You have to hope that Sanford and Devan can be significant upgrades that will be better able to position the offense to win some games.

On defense, there aren’t any stars on the defensive line, but it’s a decent group that can run maybe three units deep. Rotating in a bunch of fresh players may allow the team to win the line of scrimmage as the game wears on, particularly in the altitude of Boulder. It’s not much to pin your hopes on, given the enormous losses in the secondary, but something that may help the youngsters back there.
..also our opponents could have several starters fall ill before the game, that would help too.

In college, you either need elite talent on the DL, or you need experience. We all know the talent level isn't elite, although Lang, Sami and Rodman are all good players, but Lang is a 6th year player, Rodman is a 4th year player, Sami is a 5th year player, Chance Main is a 6th year player, Justin Jackson is a 5th year player, and Jordan is a 6th year player. You then have guys like Tyus Martin, Ryan Williams and Aaron Austin who were promising recruits.

In college, you either need elite talent on the DL, or you need experience. We all know the talent level isn't elite, although Lang, Sami and Rodman are all good players, but Lang is a 6th year player, Rodman is a 4th year player, Sami is a 5th year player, Chance Main is a 6th year player, Justin Jackson is a 5th year player, and Jordan is a 6th year player. You then have guys like Tyus Martin, Ryan Williams and Aaron Austin who were promising recruits.
Word. Or should I say Incarnate Word.

all the negativity for the team, I was curious how many of our road opponents scheduled CU as the homecoming game...it appears none did (I'm not sure if AFA has a homecoming)

-5 or less wins
-Young team excuse
-Some form(s) of hostile interaction with media
-Fan shame in some form/avoida
-Vote of confidence
-No communication/outreach to stakeholders

None of this will be surprising. The only surprising piece of it all is an executive making $1MM/yr who guaranteed an employee $18MM for these results.

This is not leadership. This is leeching a paycheck

Back