What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2022 Season Prediction Thread

How many wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have it on extremely reliable authority that Philly D-Steph is going around guaranteeing to everyone who will listen that we will start 6-0. JFC.

Any team with a pulse could start 8-0 with CU's schedule. That would be an awesome if that happens in Boulder this year but we can't have too many nice things.

im here to remind each of you of your picks and I will hold you firmly to them when you inevitably flambe yourself after the second game becuse you got your silly hopes up - even though you predicted a 2 or 3 win season here.

Any team with a pulse could start 8-0 with CU's schedule. That would be an awesome if that happens in Boulder this year but we can't have too many nice things.
Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Bounce

Ummm... no.

I would say that a team that's going to finish the 2022 season ranked should go no worse than 6-2 in those games.

And, unfortunately, CU's November schedule is so tough that anything worse than 5-3 in the first 8 makes a bowl game a prohibitive long shot.

So in 120 years, CU has never had a winless season (5 1-loss seasons). I have to think there's at least even odds that this is the first. Considering how far behind we are to even the 11th worst team in the conference, I just don't see any wins on the schedule. Maybe there's a fluke and Cal completely ****s the bed in Boulder, but that is unlikely. These are dark times.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/colorado/index.html

Turns out TCU was a lot better than anticipated and we were A LOT worse than anticipated. Shocker

seeing many of the takes that claim this team wouldn’t be as bad as 2012. It is much worse.

Looking at the remaining schedule…

Cal is also coming off of a bye, so Wilcox and staff will have the time to get ready for McCown. I anticipate CU being 16ish point dogs when lines open tomorrow. I don’t envision them having trouble covering unless some absences emerge to key players.

Oregon State likes to run the ball, CU can’t stop the run… this is not a good matchup.

A$U… they’ve looked really good since they stopped leaking their plays to their opponents in order to get Herm fired. It’ll take a herculean effort to stop what they do.

Oregon, U$C, UDub, & Utah… yeah, no.

I predicted two wins at the beginning of the season. At this point, I think one win is likely this team’s ceiling.

seeing many of the takes that claim this team wouldn’t be as bad as 2012. It is much worse.

Looking at the remaining schedule…

Cal is also coming off of a bye, so Wilcox and staff will have the time to get ready for McCown. I anticipate CU being 16ish point dogs when lines open tomorrow. I don’t envision them having trouble covering unless some absences emerge to key players.

Oregon State likes to run the ball, CU can’t stop the run… this is not a good matchup.

A$U… they’ve looked really good since they stopped leaking their plays to their opponents in order to get Herm fired. It’ll take a herculean effort to stop what they do.

Oregon, U$C, UDub, & Utah… yeah, no.

I predicted two wins at the beginning of the season. At point, I think one win is likely this team’s ceiling.
One win will be a minor miracle. They'll be more competitive in the next few games, but that defensive scheme is so flawed.

Back