What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2023-24 MBB Season Thread

With the signing of Dak taking the final scholarship, the next question is who starts at the 2 spot. There are a lot of potential candidates on the roster, but one of the best being recovering from injury (Javon Ruffin). So I am wondering if Williams/Hadley will start at the 2/3? The other options seem to be BJ Smith, Courtney Anderson and Juliun Hammond III.

Bryan Cranston Reaction GIF

I’m not sure what precedent there is or what the rules are, but couldn’t he take medical retirement, opening up another scholly for a shooter? If he was able to make his way back they could put him back on scholarship.

So apparently it was known and had been an open secret that Ruffin would miss this season. Tad's talking positionless basketball. 5-out offense when Lampkin isn't on the court, 4-out when he is.

So apparently it was known and had been an open secret that Ruffin would miss this season. Tad's talking positionless basketball. 5-out offense when Lampkin isn't on the court, 4-out when he is.

What's your take on this? It would have been good to get another 3&D transfer, but this roster looks good enough as is.

What's your take on this? It would have been good to get another 3&D transfer, but this roster looks good enough as is.
My hope is that last season was a team wide shooting slump other than TDS. KJ had no legs his last month due to illness. Other guys like LOB and Hammond had very cold starts to the season and crazy variance on home/road splits of like 15% difference from 3. So I think we have shooters who are more capable than last year's raw numbers show. They are capable of being at least an average jump shooting team. Wildcards of all the guys who weren't on the team last year. But, man, they should get a lot of clean looks with the defensive help shades to TDS along with what I expect to be a much better team at collapsing the paint and getting great looks from kick outs (post game from Lampkin and a healthy Hadley, better rim pressure & slashing with a healthy KJ and new additions, and better OReb with more size and Lampkin replacing Lawson).

Anyway, that's my take. I think I'm being reasonably optimistic without being all sunshine. My fear is that with our shooting that "they are what their percentages say they are" and a lot of young players have to develop their shot (Bilas was saying during the draft last night that this makes the NBA draft harder because they're projecting teenagers and guys like Grant Hill couldn't shoot as freshmen). We are definitely counting on some 18 & 19 year olds to step in and knock down shots.

Had a call from an Associate AD yesterday who reached out to tell me starting 24-25 my seats will be part of a new VIP section with leather seats, personal tables, dedicated wait staff and premium food and drink. I can of course, choose to remain there at the new price of $3,000 per ticket.

Changes acomin' to the CEC.

Had a call from an Associate AD yesterday who reached out to tell me starting 24-25 my seats will be part of a new VIP section with leather seats, personal tables, dedicated wait staff and premium food and drink. I can of course, choose to remain there at the new price of $3,000 per ticket.

to clarify, that's $3000 per set of season tickets (~$200 per game ticket), right?

tiered ticket pricing is always a struggle for me -- the rate of price increase always seems to quickly outpace the increased value of the seats.

If I can get into the game for $20, it's hard to rationalize paying 10x that to have a leather seat closer to the court

thinking about this more, I've been saying (and posting) for years that "CU hoops is the best entertainment value in Boulder", but attendance has kinda sucked since I've been following the team. For whatever reasons, the local population doesn't support college basketball very well.

reducing capacity, while improving luxury seating at an increased price, is probably the right move to generate the most revenue and decrease the number of empty seats in the lower rows that the TV cameras can't help but show.

What section are you in?

I'm assuming you're in the risers by the tunnel?

My hope is that last season was a team wide shooting slump other than TDS. KJ had no legs his last month due to illness. Other guys like LOB and Hammond had very cold starts to the season and crazy variance on home/road splits of like 15% difference from 3. So I think we have shooters who are more capable than last year's raw numbers show. They are capable of being at least an average jump shooting team. Wildcards of all the guys who weren't on the team last year. But, man, they should get a lot of clean looks with the defensive help shades to TDS along with what I expect to be a much better team at collapsing the paint and getting great looks from kick outs (post game from Lampkin and a healthy Hadley, better rim pressure & slashing with a healthy KJ and new additions, and better OReb with more size and Lampkin replacing Lawson).

Anyway, that's my take. I think I'm being reasonably optimistic without being all sunshine. My fear is that with our shooting that "they are what their percentages say they are" and a lot of young players have to develop their shot (Bilas was saying during the draft last night that this makes the NBA draft harder because they're projecting teenagers and guys like Grant Hill couldn't shoot as freshmen). We are definitely counting on some 18 & 19 year olds to step in and knock down shots.
Crazy you went this whole post without mentioning the #1 recruit in the nation (or, whatever, the McDonald's All American) that's on the national team.

This roster is far from perfect but assuming the shooting slump was even a half slump + Williams and things get exciting.

Back