What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2023-24 MBB Season Thread

Weight training hype

season 1 starz GIF by American Gods

In the FIBA U19 Tourney, it's just embarrassing that Tad could not lead the US team to even medal. The US has won the gold 4 of the last 5 times, and 3rd the other time. Even more embarrassing is for the US to get dominated by a team that lost by 30 points to Spain. IMO, just another example of why Tad Boyle is not a high-quality basketball coach.

I fully expect his team at CU this year will disappoint.

In the FIBA U19 Tourney, it's just embarrassing that Tad could not lead the US team to even medal. The US has won the gold 4 of the last 5 times, and 3rd the other time. Even more embarrassing is for the US to get dominated by a team that lost by 30 points to Spain. IMO, just another example of why Tad Boyle is not a high-quality basketball coach.

This has to be sarcasm right? I see who is posting it though, so I'm not sure.

You know he just won the tournament as coach last year, right?

Tad could be coaching a bunch of middle schoolers against the dream team and that guy would blame Tad for the loss. Ignore him.

Unfortunately for you, in this case, Tad had the most talented team in the tourney and his team embarrassed itself.

Unfortunately for you, in this case, Tad had the most talented team in the tourney and his team embarrassed itself.
Yes because talent is the end all, be all. You realize these other teams play together far more than the US clubs which have like a month of Oreo right? I'm sure Tad is the reason the shot 3-19 on 3's today and turned it over 21 times?

You're a fool, dude. I don't see how someone hates on anyone. There's valid criticism and there's hating. You're a Tad hater.

What does disappoint mean?

If you watched any of the games you'd know this team wasn't that talented. Add to that the fact that all but maybe 3 of them were going through the motions and/or there for themselves. But you do you.

If you watched any of the games you'd know this team wasn't that talented. Add to that the fact that all but maybe 3 of them were going through the motions and/or there for themselves. But you do you.
The team definitely had a lot of talent at the 1-3 positions. I'm guessing we were likely one of the younger teams. Other countries likely sent all their best players.

Kylan Boswell 5*
Cody Williams 5*
Omaha Biliew 5*
Dylan Harper 5* (only 17)
Ian Jackson 5* (only 17)
Tre Johnson 5* (only 17)
Asa Newell 5* (only 17)

ESPN+ article from June 24th. Cody is #6 in that 2024 Mock NBA Draft. That probably means one and done.

They did pretty well last year, with their post-2022 draft mock for 2023, at least with their projected first 5. Got a lot of the other names, too, just that the order broke down after the very top.

What does disappoint mean?

Another pedestrian season, which is Tad Boyle’s speciality. I expect a team which misses the tournament and is an NIT team, or best case scenario crawls into the NCAA Tournament, but is out in the first round. I hope I am wrong.

Last edited:
Another pedestrian season, which is Tad Boyle’s speciality. I expect a team which misses the tournament and is an NIT team, or best case scenario crawls into the NCAA Tournament, but is out in the first round. I hope I am wrong.
Yes, I am so tired of pedestrian seasons from the winningest coach in school history. Damn him.

Are you Maximus? I'm seriously asking at this point because your takes are about on par with his. "I don't know why or how Tad should be doing better, but he should" and "Other than the complete lack of institutional support at the school and the lack of a basketball pedigree and the fact that maybe one recruit comes out of his home state every 3 years, Tad has no excuses for not making the S16 every year".

Again (for the people in the back), TAD HAS HIS FAULTS. THE MAN IS NOT PERFECT. But when you continue to harp on stupid **** and make dumbass comments, all you do is make your stance look dumb.

Yes, I am so tired of pedestrian seasons from the winningest coach in school history. Damn him.

Are you Maximus? I'm seriously asking at this point because your takes are about on par with his. "I don't know why or how Tad should be doing better, but he should" and "Other than the complete lack of institutional support at the school and the lack of a basketball pedigree and the fact that maybe one recruit comes out of his home state every 3 years, Tad has no excuses for not making the S16 every year".

Again (for the people in the back), TAD HAS HIS FAULTS. THE MAN IS NOT PERFECT. But when you continue to harp on stupid **** and make dumbass comments, all you do is make your stance look dumb.
Yeah, I'd be disappointed with the season laid here, no doubt.

But it'd also be, what, a top 20 season in school history? or top 25? And it's hard for me to square "this season is still significantly better than CU's historical average" and "this season would be disappointing if we don't make it to the second round of the NCAA tournament" without thinking "this coach is pretty ****ing good compared to what we've had"

What do you expect after Da Silva, Hammond, and Simpson transferred?

CU has not made a Sweet 16 since 1953. Among Power 5 members, that horrible program history is only "surpassed" by Nebraska and Northwestern which have the distinction of NEVER.

If Tad gets us there, it's an achievement for this program that's on a level I don't think people truly appreciate. CU Men's Basketball is one of the absolute lowest prestige programs in the nation. The mere fact that Tad has won a conference tournament while turning in 9 seasons with 20+ wins over 13 years, made 5 NCAA tournaments (would have been 6 without the Covid cancellation), only had 1 losing season, and now is regularly signing blue chip recruits... let's just say it annoys the fvck out of me that the fan negativity toward him even exists, let alone that there are folks who consider him a mediocre coach at best.

He has built, sustained and continues to grow a very respectable program at a place where there hasn't been any real success since the WW2 era. And not only does CU lack tradition, it lacks resources and natural recruiting grounds while also refusing to allow hoops to be a rogue program (players graduate, don't get into trouble, and aren't linked to NCAA violations).

I have my frustrations and criticisms of Tad's coaching, but they're within context of the above. He's not like a Mike Montgomery who would always be able to draw up a play at a key moment. He's not like a John Calipari who could recruit with anyone even when he had zero resources at UMass. He's not someone like Mark Few or Rick Pitino who is a savant on offense or defense. He's a culture and identity guy who can be stubborn as hell, so his growth and adaptability have often been painfully slow while results in recruiting, development and systems have often had ups and downs (closely tied to the staff he has in place).

Last edited:
CU has not made a Sweet 16 since 1953. Among Power 5 members, that horrible program history is only "surpassed" by Nebraska and Northwestern which have the distinction of NEVER.

If Tad gets us there, it's an achievement for this program that's on a level I don't think people truly appreciate. CU Men's Basketball is one of the absolute lowest prestige programs in the nation. The mere face that Tad has won a conference tournament while turning in 9 seasons with 20+ wins over 13 years, made 5 NCAA tournaments (would have been 6 without the Covid cancellation), only had 1 losing season, and now is regularly signing blue chip recruits... let's just say it annoys the fvck out of me that the fan negativity toward him even exists, let alone that there are folks who consider him a mediocre coach at best.

He has built, sustained and continues to grow a very respectable program at a place where there hasn't been any real success since the WW2 era. And not only does CU lack tradition, it lacks resources and natural recruiting grounds while also refusing to be allow hoops to be a rogue program (players graduate, don't get into trouble, and aren't linked to NCAA violations).

I have my frustrations and criticisms of Tad's coaching, but they're within context of the above. He's not like a Mike Montgomery who would always be able to draw up a play at a key moment. He's not like a John Calipari who could recruit with anyone even when he had zero resources at UMass. He's not someone like Mark Few or Rick Pitino who is a savant on offense or defense. He's a culture and identity guy who can be stubborn as hell, so his growth and adaptability have often been painfully slow while results in recruiting, development and systems have often had ups and downs (closely tied to the staff he has in place).
These might be the two most reasonable, logical, rational takes I've ever seen on here. LOL.

If Tad gets us there, it's an achievement for this program that's on a level I don't think people truly appreciate. CU Men's Basketball is one of the absolute lowest prestige programs in the nation. The mere face that Tad has won a conference tournament while turning in 9 seasons with 20+ wins over 13 years, made 5 NCAA tournaments (would have been 6 without the Covid cancellation), only had 1 losing season, and now is regularly signing blue chip recruits... let's just say it annoys the fvck out of me that the fan negativity toward him even exists, let alone that there are folks who consider him a mediocre coach at best.

He has built, sustained and continues to grow a very respectable program at a place where there hasn't been any real success since the WW2 era. And not only does CU lack tradition, it lacks resources and natural recruiting grounds while also refusing to be allow hoops to be a rogue program (players graduate, don't get into trouble, and aren't linked to NCAA violations).

Preach GIF

Back