What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2023-24 MBB Season Thread

I didn't realize Abmas transferred to Texas. I wonder who put the clamps on him.

Blaming Spider-Man GIF

Psyched about Drew being big lead-guard CU needs to make noise in tourney-multiple years-like they will this year! Deep & talented this year-but multiple-years recruiting boons- plus our elite player development -should keep us making noise in tourney!

Still think we need 2nd combo guard- with depth of ‘24 -like Mikey Williams, Del Jones, or under-rated Zion Walker?

NEED Rancik’s elite shooting, handling & passing. But elite skills of other ‘24 combo Fs still on table: Chris McDermott’s toughness, Jordan McCullum’s mobility & versatility, Jaxson Ford’s rebounding, & Chris Mason’s inside-out game.

Feels like CU waits ‘till ‘25 for post, but impressive ‘24 big men still available:Makhan Diouf, Luke Bamgboye & Jaheem Weber.

Luv jumbo combo guards to play 1-3 w/ Drew to take us to championship level: Jalik Dunkley-Distant’s downhill game & shooting; Felix Kossaras’s potential as elite defender & shooter may be better fit; & Seven Bahati’s energy, contagious love for the game & elite open-court athleticism. Defending the 3-spot in small-ball key! Rancik/Diop/Dak vs. bigger Small Fowards?
Episode 5 Reaction GIF by The Office

Is the Metro State an open scrimmage this weekend?
Looks like its a ticket GAME actually.

Men's Basketball vs. MSU Denver​

Event Date: Saturday, October 28, 2023 at 7:00 pm

Facility: CU Events Center

*Ticket prices are subject to change until added to the cart.

Brian Bennett writing in The Athletic has the Buffs finishing 3rd in the Pac 12 this season behind Arizona and USC. He also has TDS as one of the three players to watch.
Arizona and USC are the two at the top but I honestly have no idea what to think about UCLA this year. They have talent, they have coaching, but will they be able to put it together? Until I know more there, I'm thinking we're 4th.

Arizona and USC are the two at the top but I honestly have no idea what to think about UCLA this year. They have talent, they have coaching, but will they be able to put it together? Until I know more there, I'm thinking we're 4th.
Apparently they lost to Santa Clara by 11 in a scrimmage.

I like how we match up with UCLA. And while I expect that a Cronin team will figure out its winning formula, I don't see that formula being what drove me crazy the past few years - near perfect execution for long stretches of crunch time. They lost so much and went prep instead of portal to replace.

Apparently they lost to Santa Clara by 11 in a scrimmage.
I guess Bona and a couple other guys didn’t play. I’m not really up to speed on who UCLA has, but I do know Bona was one of their best players last year.

I guess Bona and a couple other guys didn’t play. I’m not really up to speed on who UCLA has, but I do know Bona was one of their best players last year.
They've got a ton of new guys. Recruiting class was filled with elite foreign talent.

Look out for Freshman center Aday Mara from Spain. 7'3" 240, with tons of NBA upside.

Honest to God, if you told me this summer, when we were starting to plan the trip, that there'd be an exhibition that evening, I would've looked at a different football trip.
you're hardcore about hoops, dude

impressed

Pictures are finally up for the newbies...a few notes on size changes YOY.

TDS - added 12 pounds over last year
KJ- Added 10 pounds over last year
RJ- Added 10 pounds over last year
JH3- Added 10 pounds over last year

Everyone else is similar. Hadley actually lost 10 pounds.

I don't think it will matter, but all the seniors: TdS, LOB, Hadley and Lampkin, are covid eligible to play another year.

Back