What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2023 Fall Camp Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which position battles are you most interested in?

What position groups about which do you feel most confident or anxious?

Which position battles are you most interested in?
I am extremely curious to see how the RB room shakes out. Particularly, will one of the more experienced guys (like McCaskill) separate themselves to be a dominant force, and does Edwards unseat one of the older guys for playing time.

What position groups about which do you feel most confident or anxious?
Anxious might be too strong of a word here, but I really want to see how the front 7 comes together.

Kind of a cop out answer to the question but I’m most intrigued by what freshmen get playing time and who might go over the 4 games played threshold. Dylan Edwards mentioned Omarion Miller as a standout freshman. Obviously Edwards has ridiculous speed and he squats big time weight, that it won’t be a surprise if/when he sees the field. Milliner-Jones, Stoutmire, and McCoy are all freshmen who have much bigger frames than we are accustomed to here. While Cormani has an adjustment period, it sounds like he is so smooth and fluid so far that it will be hard to keep him off the field. I wouldn’t be surprised if Morgan Pearson moves into the 2 deep at ILB given his frame and that the staff liked him. Lots of fun questions.

Most confident about OG/OC and safety because those positions will have some BATTLES. I am confident that our defensive front will be versatile and have a lot of different ways to rotate.

Kind of a cop out answer to the question but I’m most intrigued by what freshmen get playing time and who might go over the 4 games played threshold.

I get the sense that the four game threshold isn't as much a concern under Coach Prime as other coaches. If they can add value to the team, even if for only a few plays per game on special teams, then they will play.

Kind of a cop out answer to the question but I’m most intrigued by what freshmen get playing time and who might go over the 4 games played threshold. Dylan Edwards mentioned Omarion Miller as a standout freshman. Obviously Edwards has ridiculous speed and he squats big time weight, that it won’t be a surprise if/when he sees the field. Milliner-Jones, Stoutmire, and McCoy are all freshmen who have much bigger frames than we are accustomed to here. While Cormani has an adjustment period, it sounds like he is so smooth and fluid so far that it will be hard to keep him off the field. I wouldn’t be surprised if Morgan Pearson moves into the 2 deep at ILB given his frame and that the staff liked him. Lots of fun questions.

Most confident about OG/OC and safety because those positions will have some BATTLES. I am confident that our defensive front will be versatile and have a lot of different ways to rotate.
I get the sense that the four game threshold isn't as much a concern under Coach Prime as other coaches. If they can add value to the team, even if for only a few plays per game on special teams, then they will play.
Unlike the recent past when we were hoping a kid could develop into a P5 level player in time a lot of these guys are planning to be playing at the next level in five years.

The RS year has little meaning to them.

I don't know if this has already been posted elsewhere, but the latter part that shows the team meeting is amazing:

What the hell was that? I saw no yoga or water park trips or guitar strumming or penalty kicks or leapfrog!!! I saw coaches who were on the emotional peaks instead of being in the valleys or that emotionless middle ground!!!!! I thought this was supposed to be football?!?!?!?!

Keep the soft faculty away from the practice fields. These videos will have a lot of silence on the field.

I’m most interested in seeing how safety shakes out. 5 legit dudes for 2ish spots. Good problem to have.

Most anxious about their ability to make a top half of the conference oline out of a bunch of average parts. They figure that out, they have a legit shot at 6+ wins.
If they figure out how to make the OL top half in the Pac 12 this year, they have a great shot at 8+ wins, IMO. IDL has some questions and they would have to stay healthy everywhere else, but OL is the one area that could hold the team back or propel them to a major turnaround.

So Excited Kermit GIF by MOODMAN

Fall 2022
Nathaniel Hackett
Karl Dorrell

Fall 2023
Sean Payton
Deion “Coach Prime” Sanders

Thank you Jesus
As late as the end of September, we thought there was a genuine chance we’d keep Dorrell for another year due to financial restrictions lol. Now look at us.

Twitter still remains a daily kick in the nuts for CU fans. Basically non-stop dunking on us. But as Coach Prime says, “too blessed to be stressed,” and that’s what I say in my head when I see an annoying post. Hiring Coach Prime still feels as insanely awesome as it did day 1.

As late as the end of September, we thought there was a genuine chance we’d keep Dorrell for another year due to financial restrictions lol. Now look at us.

Twitter still remains a daily kick in the nuts for CU fans. Basically non-stop dunking on us. But as Coach Prime says, “too blessed to be stressed,” and that’s what I say in my head when I see an annoying post. Hiring Coach Prime still feels as insanely awesome as it did day 1.
Yep, and then he gets "his music" on his way into the meeting room and we are off.

Cardboard Karl walking in quiet and somber

Coach Prime strolling and dancing in (on surgically repaired toes) with some jamming toons

Pinch me, Let's goooo

Respectfully disagree with your characterization that Twitter is dunking on us.

Maybe the ones you're seeing aren't hitting my feed or getting reposted here, but I'd describe the negative social media posts about CU as bricks, not dunks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back