What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2023 Fall Camp Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t decide which is worse right now : sitting in an airport lounge where it seems 80% of the folks have active Covid or hoping to turn off the world around me by visiting ab only to find nerd smack.

Also and more importantly I have officially drank the kool aid. We gonna win.

I can’t decide which is worse right now : sitting in an airport lounge where it seems 80% of the folks have active Covid or hoping to turn off the world around me by visiting ab only to find nerd smack.

Co-worker in Portland got the latest version of Covid last week. He was down for 5 days and still recovering.

Short version: (cough, cough) we’re going to win (cough, cough)

Then you would have to say that ultramarathons are the penultimate entry on an ascending list of nerd sports. The original comment was just that it they were the penultimate nerd sport.

Ultimate can mean both last (final) or most, but penultimate only means next to last.
Right

Then you would have to say that ultramarathons are the penultimate entry on an ascending list of nerd sports. The original comment was just that it they were the penultimate nerd sport.

Ultimate can mean both last (final) or most, but penultimate only means next to last.

Whatever sport NWD participates in is the antepenultimate nerd sport. I'm guessing pickleball.

I might participate in nerd sports (although I do not play pickleball), but at least I know how to use my ordering adjectives correctly.
Homer Simpson Cartoon GIF

posted in ToT, a dude named Ken has been a thorn in my side for the last few months at work

just finished a meeting w/ Ken and another dude, where Ken mentioned "playing pickleball last night with my neighbors..."

my tongue is bleeding from how hard I bit it in an effort to avoid saying something snarky about his choice of recreational activities

Whatever sport NWD participates in is the antepenultimate nerd sport. I'm guessing pickleball.

Pickleball is an incorrect example of a nerd sport. Pickleball is a sport predominantly for people of an advanced or well pickled age. There may in fact be nerds that play pickleball, but that is because people of all mental capacity over the age of 60 (35 for AB members) participate.

Anyone who use software to keep track of mileage, calories, wattage, etc. Bonus point if you create your own spreadsheet!
Ok. Lol. You have defined as nerds every endurance sport athlete… including all the Tour de France riders, the entire US National team (every sport?)… and of course, every CU Buff now also wears a vest tracking all of their movements during practice, the numbers for which you know they get competitive over…

So… nerds have apparently taken over the world of athletics? That’s ironic as hell.

Ok. Lol. You have defined as nerds every endurance sport athlete… including all the Tour de France riders, the entire US National team (every sport?)… and of course, every CU Buff now also wears a vest tracking all of their movements during practice, the numbers for which you know they get competitive over…

So… nerds have apparently taken over the world of athletics? That’s ironic as hell.

The nerds are those that do all that you say for themselves. If trainers are doing all the need work then the athlete isn’t the nerd.

:ROFLMAO:

Mbappe has no idea how many kilometers he ran during his last match.

For the record, I have nothing against nerds and I track every run. Acceptance is the first step to recovery.

The nerds are those that do all that you say for themselves. If trainers are doing all the need work then the athlete isn’t the nerd.
You don’t think-say-the US National Team members chart their numbers and check and discuss them every week with their coaches? I subscribe to a number of their youtube channels and podcasts. They know and live their numbers.

They know exactly what times they have to hit on every lap of every interval of every workout, while they are running them, and they can recite specific workouts for weeks/months afterward.

Someday watch one of many videos on Prefontaine’s workouts with Frank Shorter and others. They lived for their numbers. Some of numbers from Pre’s interval workouts remain legend. Because of all of that, Pre knew exactly what he could run the last mile and last quarter heading into the Munich Olympics. Not coaches.

Apparently… Pre … the nerd. 👍🏻

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back