What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Auburn @ Colorado Game Thread 11/17/2014

help me out. I was at the game and then up at 4AM to catch a plane to Chicago and I've been in meetings all day. finally caught up on the thread but didn't see -- what were the back to back technical fouls all about?

help me out. I was at the game and then up at 4AM to catch a plane to Chicago and I've been in meetings all day. finally caught up on the thread but didn't see -- what were the back to back technical fouls all about?

No one seemed to have any conclusive reason. It appeared to be a verbal thing though.

Cinnabon pushed/bumped into Miller and he mouthed off. Ref said something to him and it looked like he ran his mouth again and got the T. Not sure why it was a double though.

No one seemed to have any conclusive reason. It appeared to be a verbal thing though.

Cinnabon pushed/bumped into Miller and he mouthed off. Ref said something to him and it looked like he ran his mouth again and got the T. Not sure why it was a double though.
"Get out of my face, mother ****er!" Just a guess, haha.

As I understood it, it wasn't two technicals... There were two free throws from the original personal foul, then the two for the T.

As I understood it, it wasn't two technicals... There were two free throws from the original personal foul, then the two for the T.

thanks for that. is it normal for the first two shots to be unguarded FT's in that situation?

Pearl said of agreeing to play so late: "I'm sure ESPN called a lot of schools and said, `Do you want to go to Colorado and play at 1 a.m. in the morning Eastern Time?' They didn't get a lot of bite."

1 AM is by definition in the morning, brucie. You redundant jackass.

sorry. pet peeve

At the game, I couldn't tell what the technical was for. I assumed it was talking. After watching the replay, their fat player walked his chest square into Miller who was standing in a huddle with the rest of our team after the personal foul was called. Miller gave a small push back with his forearm and got the immediate technical. They look at the replay to determine if he threw a fist or contacted fatty's head so they can deliver the correct punishment. It was already explained why the first two free throws were unguarded and that is correct.

Before seeing the replay and shove, I was pissed at Miller because, in my opinion, a freshman should never speak a word to an official for any reason. Don't complain, compliment, ask a question, or discuss the weather. Let your leaders do that for you. I'm better with the shove, although he does need to learn to control the emotions as it was obvious fat guy was luring him into reacting. Veteran play.

At the game, I couldn't tell what the technical was for. I assumed it was talking. After watching the replay, their fat player walked his chest square into Miller who was standing in a huddle with the rest of our team after the personal foul was called. Miller gave a small push back with his forearm and got the immediate technical. They look at the replay to determine if he threw a fist or contacted fatty's head so they can deliver the correct punishment. It was already explained why the first two free throws were unguarded and that is correct.

Before seeing the replay and shove, I was pissed at Miller because, in my opinion, a freshman should never speak a word to an official for any reason. Don't complain, compliment, ask a question, or discuss the weather. Let your leaders do that for you. I'm better with the shove, although he does need to learn to control the emotions as it was obvious fat guy was luring him into reacting. Veteran play.
What a whiny bitch of a post.

Damion Lee (Drexel) in 2012-13 (he was hurt last year, so using stats from 2 years ago): 17.1 ppg on 42.5% shooting.
Damion Lee with XJ/JHop guarding him: 12 points on 28.6% shooting.

KT Harrell (Auburn) in 2013-14: 18.3 ppg on 43.3% shooting.
KT Harrell with XJ/JHop guarding him: 20 points on 29.4% shooting.

Gee, maybe XJ is a decent defender after all....

Also, while his shooting has been one hell of a roller coaster - Ski has only turned the ball over twice so far. Small sample size, but nice to see. This is good for a turnover rate of only 8.7%. Unfortunately, our PG's are not as good. XT has a TO Rate of 20.2% and JHop has a rather impressive 31.2%. Those two have gotta cut that out (once again, small sample size disclaimer).

I can only remember one really bad/overly aggressive pass from Jhop. Didn't think it would be that bad.

Half court alley oops are a contributing factor to those turn overs.

There's a big opportunity for Dom.

When Wes Gordon is the 4th scoring option out of your starters, you don't need the 5th guy to be looking to have his own number called for shots. We need a distributor who plays great defense.

Someone needs to be our Nate Tomlinson.

I just want to see a solid post entry pass. Practices should be nothing but everyone other than Josh, Wes & Tory practicing post entry passes.

My first reaction at the game was, "right on, we have a badass that's not gonna let anyone f@c$ with his teammates. I honestly wouldn't mund if Tory racks up five or six T's this season if they are at good times for the right reasons. Josh or XJ get taken down in the post and the offender gets a little Tory-love right back.

There's a big opportunity for Dom.

When Wes Gordon is the 4th scoring option out of your starters, you don't need the 5th guy to be looking to have his own number called for shots. We need a distributor who plays great defense.

Someone needs to be our Nate Tomlinson.
Just so I have something to bitch about.

Back