What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Bowl Games Thread

The fans in Austin aren't going to be patient with a coach who gets his ass kicked by Arkansas.

The B12 had a miserable year.

They didn't have many very good teams this year. They had some teams that looked good because they beat up some weak OOC teams and the weak bottom to middle of the B12 but overall the league wasn't very good. They ended up getting overrated and now these bowls have shown them for what they are.

That said there is no excuse for UT not to have much better talent on the field than they do. Mack Brown and staff had it on serious autopilot the last few years. Now it will be a little harder because they haven't been winning like they expect to and aTm is having some success in the SEC.

So, after felating Bielema for the better part of three quarters, Griese is now gushing about how Strong needs five years and that he's doing things the right way and blah, blah, blah.

Strong is going to struggle in Austin. I have been beating that drum. I grew up in Austin, it's a different kind of hyperhole down there when it comes to BIG time football.

Strong is going to struggle in Austin. I have been beating that drum. I grew up in Austin, it's a different kind of hyperhole down there when it comes to BIG time football.

I agree. If he doesn't have them challenging for a B12 championship next year, the vultures will start to circle. It was a weird hire to begin with, and he's trying to change a culture that folks down there don't seem to think needs to be changed. I understand the attraction of coaching UT, but I think he could have done better. Florida, for instance. Had he waited one year, he'd have probably been one of the top choices in Florida. That would be a much better fit, IMO.

He did dismiss like 3 starters before or during the season. Still the least amount of starts in college football.

I think he dismissed 3 starters during his introductory press conference!

He cleaned house, no doubt. I like him as a coach and you'd think those players dismissals would signal an emphasis on discipline but even at the end of the year, the team sure makes a bunch of undisciplined mistakes.

I agree. If he doesn't have them challenging for a B12 championship next year, the vultures will start to circle. It was a weird hire to begin with, and he's trying to change a culture that folks down there don't seem to think needs to be changed. I understand the attraction of coaching UT, but I think he could have done better. Florida, for instance. Had he waited one year, he'd have probably been one of the top choices in Florida. That would be a much better fit, IMO.

Think you are spot on.

The Texas job is one of those that involves way more than most college HC jobs do. There are a bunch of big money donors who have checkbooks big enough that they can't be ignored and who think that their opinions need to be heard. The only way to keep them under any kind of control is to win a lot of games including the "important" ones like beating Oklahoma.

Mack Brown was a master of handling those guys. Darrell Royal may have been the best at it. It's a real question as to how well Strong can adapt to and handle that part of the job in Austin.

LSU-Notre Dame and Georgia-Louisville are intriguing games today. Stanford-Maryland looks like a snoozer.

B6ITUdwIUAAcxrp.png

good job sumlin. Quick, decisive action. Granted he couldn't have just let this one go.

handled the best way possible.

I'd have liked to grant bonus points for Sumlin mentioning that the player ejection for targeting and the nut-punch on WVU's kicker were also embarrassing and not representative of the character of A&M.

His response would have been through the roof had he shown remorse for the lack of institutional control at College Station dating back to the Manziel shenanigans.

Sumlin's A&M is more U of Miami in player discipline, and that piece of the story is still out there waiting to bite him in the butt.

Back