What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Bowl Season Thread

So, I clearly misread the FSU-ASU game early. FSU lived up to their implosion reputation. Impressive.

Happy to see Navy win and likely finish in the top 20 (assuming a few late teens teams lose). That's pretty cool.

Man I just don’t see any great coaching from asu, they are just so average. Maybe that changes next season but I think it’s will be more of the same. Leave it to herm to make a bowl win look bad

Cu hasn't won a bowl game in 15 years, I don't care how it looks.

Sounds like all of these except 2 are due to suspensions or injuries
Have to factor suspensions in too though. Are players more focused on the game if it’s a playoff game? Obviously I don’t know the extent of each suspension, but seems like it could easily be from players just not giving a ****.

Keep the douches in the striped shirts off of TV except during the course of play. Keeping the pointing, pontificating crap off TV would shorten games and probably reduce bad calls.

Meaningless? Maybe for a few that have a real or perceived belief they have a shot to play at the next level.

I'll bet most of those players are happy to have one more game, one more opportunity to play in front of family/friends whether in person or on tv.
I’m sure it’s just a coincidence that so many players are suspended or injured going into all these games.

I agree it's odd, but I think I'll wait until we know whats going on in each case.

I wonder how many are academic casualties.
Here is UGA’s situation from AJC.
  1. OL Ben Cleveland (academics), 13 games
  2. OL Andrew Thomas (NFL training), 13
  3. OL Isaiah Wilson (NFL training), 11
  4. OL D'Marcus Hayes (undisclosed), 6
  5. RB Brian Herrien (undisclosed), 12
  6. WR Lawrence Cager (ankle injury), 9
  7. WR Dominick Blaylock (knee injury), 12
  8. DB J.R. Reed (foot injury), 13
  9. DB Divaad Wilson (undisclosed), 13
  10. DL Tyler Clark (undisclosed), 13
  11. OLB Walter Grant (concussion), 12
  12. ILB Quay Walker (undisclosed), 13
  13. DB Tyrique McGhee (undisclosed), 9

I agree it's odd, but I think I'll wait until we know whats going on in each case.

I wonder how many are academic casualties.

Only 1 accounted to academics but most are for undisclosed reasons, so it sounds like there may have been some sort of incident that took place.

EDIT: hawg1 beat me to it

Have to factor suspensions in too though. Are players more focused on the game if it’s a playoff game? Obviously I don’t know the extent of each suspension, but seems like it could easily be from players just not giving a ****.

I'm seeing alot of teams that are very excited to win their bowl games. Sure there may be a couple of instances where teams have a lackluster showing due to losing in a CCG and barely missing out on the playoff (Georgia last year, Auburn a few years ago, etc.), but those are the exceptions and not the rule. And you can always point to cases of teams having this same kind of attitude in the past when they missed out on the BCS Championship game and it would continue to happen with an expanded playoff.

My buddy said P12 CCG loser is 0-8 in bowl games. That’s bad if true.

Not shocking at all. Think about where those teams end up. For for example, the Alamo Bowl is where dreams die way back to KSU in 1998.

Back