What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Bowl Season Thread

Texas went 7-5 in the Big 12. Utah went 11-2 in the better conference. There is zero chance Texas is a better team than Utah regardless of recruiting rankings.

Or maybe Utah just wasn't that good. All their wins came against teams with 7 or fewer wins in the regular season.

I'm not saying their a bad team, they've just been overrated for much of the season. Maybe about the 15th best team in the country.

@TomFornelli: Bowl season by conference so far

SU

SEC: 4-1
MWC: 4-2
B1G: 3-2
PAC: 3-3
SUN: 2-2
ACC: 4-5
CUSA: 3-4
AAC: 2-3
MAC: 2-3
B12: 1-4

ATS

MAC: 3-1-1
MWC: 4-2
B1G: 3-2
PAC: 3-3
CUSA: 3-3-1
ACC: 4-5
AAC: 2-3
B12: 2-3
SEC: 2-3
SUN: 1-3

Oklahoma? Maybe. LSU right now? Probably not. Much different season right now then when Texas and LSU played though.
It is, but LSU was just as hot early in the season as they are now.
LSU has had 3 wins this year by 1 score. Texas, Auburn and Bama.
I just think Utah is overrated and Texas is not as bad as your making it out to be. The better team won last night.

Utah also was w/o 3 starting D backs - normally one of their strongest areas
That’s true, 2X, and Texas still rushed for 231. Got thumped in both trenches. UT more physical. Did not expect that.

It is, but LSU was just as hot early in the season as they are now.
LSU has had 3 wins this year by 1 score. Texas, Auburn and Bama.
I just think Utah is overrated and Texas is not as bad as your making it out to be. The better team won last night.

You can't be serious with that first sentence.

You can't be serious with that first sentence.
LSU O rolled pretty well early. Starting with Texas 3rd down pass they got as hit or hotter than any team I’ve ever seen.

They clearly turned up the heat on the D side as the year went on, especially after Committee dinged them.

love to see Michigan and Minnesota win, oregon beat up Wisc. Figure that's maybe 1 - 75, 1 -100 odds

LSU O rolled pretty well early. Starting with Texas 3rd down pass they got as hit or hotter than any team I’ve ever seen.

They clearly turned up the heat on the D side as the year went on, especially after Committee dinged them.

Which means LSU blows them out if they play last night.

I will buy Utah was overrated this year, but Texas is just decent.

Last edited:

I think it’s more they’re young, Texas last 3 classes were 3, 3, 25 and 7 and they’re 9th in 2020. They have the talent and the size Utah doesn’t possess, they have the athletes to match up to the big boys.

Yes Texas is good. Five losses. Three legit this year. TCU and ISU a bit of a head scratcher.

They won three close games too, including a nail biter against Kansas. Just a decent team.
Yep. Choppy season. Not what they expected. Thus Herman makes changes. As we saw, they have talent. And play physical. That’s a good start for 2020.

To be fair, the Texans hype out of last season was a little different, they had a good season a bowl win against a good Georgia team.

To be fair, the Texans hype out of last season was a little different, they had a good season a bowl win against a good Georgia team.
I think they should be 15-20 preseason, with a few good chances to move up. (Asssuming Ehlinger comes back)

Back