What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official ****braska Hate Thread

Well damn, I see you already caught it.

Shame to see we fell a few spots, from 38 to 43. Also shame to see my PhD institution fall two spots, while the junior college across the water is still a couple spots higher. Rich ****ers.

Soon it's June and the Big Red hype machine is going to be in overdrive.

I think they’ve been huffing their own overdrive fumes since late in the morning, Black Friday 2001...the rest of the CFB nation seems to remind them of their place at the toddler table with a deep pleasure!

Another member of Riley’s ‘17 class announced his plans to transfer today. Inside linebacker Willie Hampton. He was one to watch for - Nebraska has depth issues at LB and are expecting a JUCO to start for them right away. Hampton played a bunch in the spring game and made 4 tackles. Weirdly enough, Frost’s staff recruited him hard at UCF as well, so I doubt it’s a scheme issue.

For those keeping track at home, their ‘17 class:

#2 - never qualified
#3 - called out recently for being out of shape and refusing to buy in
#4 - doesn’t fit the new offense
#6 - left the team
#8 - never qualified
#13 - transferring
#16 - transferring
#19 - transferring

Woof.

Seems fair to me. Their corners have been underwhelming and there’s not a ton of depth there. Whatever talent they have at corner needs to be coached up in a hurry. I think we will see a lot of blitz and pray like ASU did under Graham.

Another member of Riley’s ‘17 class announced his plans to transfer today. Inside linebacker Willie Hampton. He was one to watch for - Nebraska has depth issues at LB and are expecting a JUCO to start for them right away. Hampton played a bunch in the spring game and made 4 tackles. Weirdly enough, Frost’s staff recruited him hard at UCF as well, so I doubt it’s a scheme issue.

#2 - never qualified
#6 - left the team
#8 - never qualified
#13 - transferring
#16 - transferring
#19 - transferring

Woof.
The Rammies think they are getting some of these almost nubs.

2D3A5B0C-E877-4346-94B9-88DBF1389346.png

b2d6eeabb1739026dc3330dd7998d85d.gif

#2 - never qualified
#6 - left the team
#8 - never qualified
#13 - transferring
#16 - transferring
#19 - transferring

Woof.

Never qualified academically at Nebraska? I didn't know that was possible. My GPA in high school was like 2.4 and I could have gotten in there had I wanted to rot in Lincoln for 4-5 years.

Seems fair to me. Their corners have been underwhelming and there’s not a ton of depth there. Whatever talent they have at corner needs to be coached up in a hurry. I think we will see a lot of blitz and pray like ASU did under Graham.

Too optimistic-here's how I'd break their schedule down
1. Akron-I'd probably give them that one.
2. Us-We're the closest thing to a swing game they'll play all year.
3. Troy-Let's give them this one too.
4. Michigan-Loss.
5. Purdue-They're gonna lose here too. Purdue went to bowl last year, and Jeff Brohm has that team going in the right direction.
6. Wisconsin-Here's another loss.
7. Northwestern-They won 10 games last year and they've got a returning QB. another L.
8. Minnesota-They finished worse in conference play than NU did, but managed to beat the Shuckheads by four touchdowns. Not sure how that happens, but whatever. Let's make this another tossup.
9. Ohio State-I think the only question here is how many points Ohio State scores. L.
10. Illinois-Let's give them this one. Illinois is one of the five worst programs in the power 5 right now.
11. Michigan State-This game is at home, but its still one they'll lose. MSU is a solid program. Don't underestimate a Mark Dantonio coached football team.
12. Iowa-They lost some talent-both Wadley and Jewell got drafted, and I'm sure I'm forgetting others. This is still a team that beat the Huskers by 42 last year, and this game is on the road.

I think most of us would look at them and expect that they'd be better. I don't think they're gonna lose 4 conference games by at least 21 points like they did last year or give up 50 plus five times in league play, but I'm not sure how anybody outside of Nebraska can look at this schedule and think they're going to win more than 5 games. This conference schedule is brutal, they've got a Power 5 opponent in the OOC, and one of their "cupcakes" went into LSU and spoiled homecoming for the Tigers last year. They'll play MSU instead of PSU, and the home game with Rutgers gets replaced with a road game at Michigan.

Last edited:
Too optimistic-here's how I'd break their schedule down
1. Akron-I'd probably give them that one.
2. Us-We're the closest thing to a swing game they'll play all year.
3. Troy-Let's give them this one too.
4. Michigan-Loss.
5. Purdue-They're gonna lose here too. Purdue went to bowl last year, and Jeff Brohm has that team going in the right direction.
6. Wisconsin-Here's another loss.
7. Northwestern-They won 10 games last year and they've got a returning QB. another L.
8. Minnesota-They finished worse in conference play than NU did, but managed to beat the Shuckheads by four touchdowns. Not sure how that happens, but whatever. Let's make this another tossup.
9. Ohio State-I think the only question here is how many points Ohio State scores. L.
10. Illinois-Let's give them this one. Illinois is one of the five worst programs in the power 5 right now.
11. Michigan State-This game is at home, but its still one they'll lose. MSU is a solid program. Don't underestimate a Mark Dantonio coached football team.
12. Iowa-They lost some talent-both Wadley and Jewell got drafted, and I'm sure I'm forgetting others. This is still a team that beat the Huskers by 42 last year, and this game is on the road.

I think most of us would look at them and expect that they'd be better-a la MacIntyre's teams here pre 2016. I don't think they're gonna lose 4 conference games by at least 21 points like they did last year or give up 50 plus five times in league play, but I'm not sure how anybody outside of Nebraska can look at this schedule and think they're going to win more than 5 games. This conference schedule is brutal, they've got a Power 5 opponent in the OOC, and one of their "cupcakes" went into LSU and spoiled homecoming for the Tigers last year. They'll play MSU instead of PSU, and the home game with Rutgers gets replaced with a road game at Michigan.
Nubs are losing to Troy. Calling that shot now.

Nubs are losing to Troy. Calling that shot now.
I was a little discouraged since I knew they lost their starting QB and I believe their top 3 RBs. But they return virtually everyone else, including 4 OL who are expected to be all-conference. They return two star WRs and they’ve gotten a bunch of former star transfers to plug and play everywhere else. I read one of those insider previews and they supposedly have a future NFL DE ready to go this year too. I think you’re making a good call.

I was a little discouraged since I knew they lost their starting QB and I believe their top 3 RBs. But they return virtually everyone else, including 4 OL who are expected to be all-conference. They return two star WRs and they’ve gotten a bunch of former star transfers to plug and play everywhere else. I read one of those insider previews and they supposedly have a future NFL DE ready to go this year too. I think you’re making a good call.
Plus the fact that it sets up as CU beating them twice with the game being a week after we demoralize them.

Well, this just means I’ll get home to my daughter and celebrate with her of the Buffs victory! Her wish is to have a pink ralphie cake for her 3rd b-day in October. She is now learning the fight song! The in-laws don’t have a chance of getting her to obey the corn.
Make sure you NEVER leave her alone with the in-laws. They will try to make her a corn fan by scooping out her brains. NEVER LEAVE HER ALONE WITH THEM!

Well, this just means I’ll get home to my daughter and celebrate with her of the Buffs victory! Her wish is to have a pink ralphie cake for her 3rd b-day in October. She is now learning the fight song! The in-laws don’t have a chance of getting her to obey the corn.

It can be done. Family is full of Sooner fans and I'm a CU fan.

2-10 for the Nubs isn't out of the question.... :love:

Agree, but I think they're more realistically 4-8 or 5-7. Any talk of them in a bowl is laughable. Athlon (which I bought yesterday) has them at 6-6 and 3-6 in the Big 10...............which is too generous. They're gonna be better, but Husker Moses isn't the miracle worker those goofballs think he is.

Back