What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official ****braska Hate Thread

I just vomited on my monitor. What a horsesh!t article. Transformative, my a$$.
Yeah! I like your thinking. Could be interesting Da Lama. You are the ecumenical figure and seer of all things (especially football) around here. Right?. Let us know how we should put down our bets on this game. You can hold off on that for about 10 weeks if it helps.

Yep! New coach, new players at many positions and with players who rate poorly from the previous staff. CU going into Lincoln ready to kick ass. Not liking the chances for a positive result. The Huskers probably go with 3 wins for the season. Right?
That's the spirit!

Yeah! I like your thinking. Could be interesting Da Lama. You are the ecumenical figure and seer of all things (especially football) around here. Right?. Let us know how we should put down our bets on this game. You can hold off on that for about 10 weeks if it helps.
I've already gone on record as saying I'm not very confident about this game. <Queue 2nd fit of vomiting> We shall see.

I've already gone on record as saying I'm not very confident about this game. <Queue 2nd fit of vomiting> We shall see.
tumblr_mlacldwSlS1qg4blro2_500.gif

I can't believe how may around here are so knowledgeable about Husker lore.

Where are the meetings of the Allbuffs for Huskers held? I bet if found out there would be many publicly flogged and banished from Folsom Field Stadium for life.

Remember: Red runs in your veins whether you like it or not.

GBR!

Where are the meetings of the Allbuffs for Huskers held? I bet if found out there would be many publicly flogged and banished from Folsom Field Stadium for life.

GBR!
Well stated.

7t5elV.gif

Ever since Nebraska was kicked out of the AAU, there's something I've been having trouble wrapping my head around. Only non-AAU institution in the Big Ten. So how is it that the worst academic institution in the conference has one of the worst football programs?

GBR!
Thanks Surveyor for reminding me of one of the best blogs that I have ever had the pleasure of reading. Huskerh8ter. For those of you that don't know of him, this is just a sample of his final posting (a true poet and visionary). Read and then go to his last (or any other post). this guy was the best!

Behind enemy lines - A Huskerh8er's view of the world

People think of Husker fans as the Classiest in college sports. I know better. I live among them.
But most of all…thank you Husker fans.

Relentlessly, time and time again you hillbilly inbred hayseed ****heads have provided me with entertainment beyond my wildest dreams. You’ve tried to bring up my own team’s failures…while justifying your own misfortunes and mistakes. You’ve tried to tell me how much you hate me…while at the same time never turning to run away from me. You’ve tried over and over and over and over to get me to play your little game, but never got me to crack. My only regret is that I didn’t find a penny for every time one of you clowns left me your best Jim Rome impression, promising you’d never return; and then sneak a peek some 500 times in the following 3 hours.

What you never realized is…I allowed you to comment on my work so freely simply because you did what I never could…and that is fully demonstrate what a whack-job bunch of red-sweater wearing psychopaths you dipshits truly are. Sure, I can tell people from other parts of the country that you send pictures of shirtless wide-receivers to your friends…but then you would just log in and try and defend it.

Ever since Nebraska was kicked out of the AAU, there's something I've been having trouble wrapping my head around. Only non-AAU institution in the Big Ten. So how is it that the worst academic institution in the conference has one of the worst football programs?

giphy.gif

Thanks for being so informed about Nebraska's AAU situation. You are a smart guy. NOT!

Great comeback Fusker tool. You just got owned, and you used a lame 90’s comeback. Makes sense since that is where you and your ****hole State fan base are still stuck.
Sweet! Please tell the rest of us why you think Nebraska lost its AAU membership.
Better go do some proper research and get back to us. Links are required or GTFO.

Sweet! Please tell the rest of us why you think Nebraska lost its AAU membership.
Better go do some proper research and get back to us. Links are required or GTFO.

The bigger question is why Nebraska was granted AAU status in the first place. Yanking it was a long overdue correction of a mistake.
See Above.
Thank you for letting my essence rattle around in your brain.

That is simple.
1. Nebraska is an AG school focusing on non peer reviewed Agricultural Research. Non peer reviewed research does not have the same level of academic rigor or merit as peer reviewed research (For obvious reasons).
2. The AAU gives greater emphasis to STEM programs when evaluating institutions. So the fact that you can milk the udder off a cow doesn't help.
3. Like most other institutions, the medical campus for Nebraska isn't a part of the main campus, but because Nebraska has almost no other major research interests, they tried to count the medical campus as part of the institution. Which was a completely bush league move. Eventually (and it took a while), the AAU caught on to what the corn were doing and let them know their thoughts on the matter (This particular fact created much political ill will between the Nubs and other member entities which would come to cost Nebraska).
4. Total research financing at Nebraska has been low for more than 50 years. Recent increases in this financing look impressive as a percentage, but would still leave the financing for research at Nebraska so low that they were being outpaced by a large number non member institutions.
5. The faculty that Nebraska has been hiring aren't of adequate quality to consistently be accepted and participate in the National Acadamies of Science, Engineering and Math. Those that qualify, for the most part, haven't participated (and why the hell not!?!?!?).
6. The AAU finally did the right thing and stopped assuming that member institutions would just be granted continuing membership and started to compare their institutions to other institutions not in the top 62. Not shockingly they found several of these entities didn't met the standard (Nebraska and Syracuse are two examples).

The University of Nebraska has tried to spin what happened as strictly political and not their fault, but that is FAR from the case. The University had opportunity after opportunity to increase research funding and grant applications and to increase their STEM focus and they just didn't do it. Instead, they basically lied on their submittal documents and included research from the medical campus (which is really part of a different entity). Even with the medical campus research Nebraska had been warned multiple times to increase research or they would be put on review (Which could lead to them losing their status).

The real question anyone with ANY academic integrity should be asking is how and why was Nebraska allowed to be part of the AAU for so long when they were such a substandard academic entity. The answer is that the AAU had too many people in it that wanted to be nice and didn't want to harm anyone by kicking them out, even if they hadn't met the standard for years and years and....ok in Nebraska's case, decades.

Nebraska has even said, all that matters is a quality education, but the bottom line here is that the AAU helps measure a quality education. Not in some abstract manner. Not in the, "We create quality Digital Humanities graduates," sort of way. Instead in a way that positively impacts and advances human society. I am sure Nebraska is producing some great landscape and turf graduates. The other students who have gone there, particularly in Natural Resources, Architecture, any of the Arts & Sciences or Business school should demand a refund.

Thanks for being so informed about Nebraska's AAU situation. You are a smart guy. NOT!

At least Nebraska is still a VHRU school. If they were dropped to HRU status, Husker fans would have to be nervous about their B1G membership status. Just look at how many P5 schools are VHRU schools and there aren't much G5 VHRU schools out there. That is why Arizona State is a P5 member despite its academics and the same for Nebraska.

Every Pac-12 & B1G school is VHRU (I think each ACC school is VHRU as well). Can't say the same about the Big 12 or SEC. If you look at the list, you'd be surprised that Kansas State is now a VHRU school.

It's all about the research dollars IMO.

That is simple.
1. Nebraska is an AG school focusing on non peer reviewed Agricultural Research. Non peer reviewed research does not have the same level of academic rigor or merit as peer reviewed research (For obvious reasons).
2. The AAU gives greater emphasis to STEM programs when evaluating institutions. So the fact that you can milk the udder off a cow doesn't help.
3. Like most other institutions, the medical campus for Nebraska isn't a part of the main campus, but because Nebraska has almost no other major research interests, they tried to count the medical campus as part of the institution. Which was a completely bush league move. Eventually (and it took a while), the AAU caught on to what the corn were doing and let them know their thoughts on the matter (This particular fact created much political ill will between the Nubs and other member entities which would come to cost Nebraska).
4. Total research financing at Nebraska has been low for more than 50 years. Recent increases in this financing look impressive as a percentage, but would still leave the financing for research at Nebraska so low that they were being outpaced by a large number non member institutions.
5. The faculty that Nebraska has been hiring aren't of adequate quality to consistently be accepted and participate in the National Acadamies of Science, Engineering and Math. Those that qualify, for the most part, haven't participated (and why the hell not!?!?!?).
6. The AAU finally did the right thing and stopped assuming that member institutions would just be granted continuing membership and started to compare their institutions to other institutions not in the top 62. Not shockingly they found several of these entities didn't met the standard (Nebraska and Syracuse are two examples).

The University of Nebraska has tried to spin what happened as strictly political and not their fault, but that is FAR from the case. The University had opportunity after opportunity to increase research funding and grant applications and to increase their STEM focus and they just didn't do it. Instead, they basically lied on their submittal documents and included research from the medical campus (which is really part of a different entity). Even with the medical campus research Nebraska had been warned multiple times to increase research or they would be put on review (Which could lead to them losing their status).

The real question anyone with ANY academic integrity should be asking is how and why was Nebraska allowed to be part of the AAU for so long when they were such a substandard academic entity. The answer is that the AAU had too many people in it that wanted to be nice and didn't want to harm anyone by kicking them out, even if they hadn't met the standard for years and years and....ok in Nebraska's case, decades.

Nebraska has even said, all that matters is a quality education, but the bottom line here is that the AAU helps measure a quality education. Not in some abstract manner. Not in the, "We create quality Digital Humanities graduates," sort of way. Instead in a way that positively impacts and advances human society. I am sure Nebraska is producing some great landscape and turf graduates. The other students who have gone there, particularly in Natural Resources, Architecture, any of the Arts & Sciences or Business school should demand a refund.
Aren't NE grads excellent at Animal Husbandry? What exactly is Animal Husbandry? I'm afraid to look up the term in case there is some FBI notification when that happens when that term is researched. Maybe it's a Dark Web/ NU thing.......

Back