What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official ****braska Hate Thread

Of course nothing would truly surprise me, but I think George’s next step is retirement.
Rick George makes no secret of it, he said it before he was ever the AD at CU, that he (and his wife) want to retire in Colorado. He's old enough that the idea of getting established someplace else for a few years then coming back again doesn't appeal to him.

I think more likely, because the guy does like to work, he transitions into retirement with somebody else officially the AD but Rick having a position within the department. Might have him in charge of the fund raising leaving the day to day operations to his successor.

Rick George makes no secret of it, he said it before he was ever the AD at CU, that he (and his wife) want to retire in Colorado. He's old enough that the idea of getting established someplace else for a few years then coming back again doesn't appeal to him.

I think more likely, because the guy does like to work, he transitions into retirement with somebody else officially the AD but Rick having a position within the department. Might have him in charge of the fund raising leaving the day to day operations to his successor.
That and he pulled off capturing the magic Unicorn in college football. You want to enjoy that ride.

orgy GIF

Nebraska has just won its 20th moral victory national championship.
It's like clockwork with Nubs fans and media.

1. Predict Nebraska achievement.
2. Nebraska fails.
3. Blame failure on some combination of officiating, dirty opponent, media bias, weather, NCAA rules, and woke culture.
4. Explain how if a lot of things that did happen had not happened or had happened differently that it would have caused a different result in favor of Nebraska, so really that favorable result pretty much happened.
5. Based on 3 & 4, claim superiority and a moral victory. Become offended that no one outside your Nub echo chamber sees it that way. Feel blindsided and confused when told that Nebraska is hated by fans of other programs.

2. Nebraska fails.
3. Blame failure on some combination of officiating, dirty opponent, media bias, weather, NCAA rules, and woke culture.
4. Explain how if a lot of things that did happen had not happened or had happened differently that it would have caused a different result in favor of Nebraska, so really that favorable result pretty much happened.
5. Based on 3 & 4, claim superiority and a moral victory. Become offended that no one outside your Nub echo chamber sees it that way. Feel blindsided and confused when told that Nebraska is hated by fans of other programs.
I feel as though this entire thread has been summarized in this one post.

Way To Go Reaction GIF

2. Nebraska fails.
I have an acquaintance who is a NU fan. Great guy, nonetheless. I ran into him just before the CU game and he remarked off-handedly NU would have beaten aTm if the game had been in Lincoln..... I kind of tuned out about a third of the way into his comment.

I have an acquaintance who is a NU fan. Great guy, nonetheless. I ran into him just before the CU game and he remarked off-handedly NU would have beaten aTm if the game had been in Lincoln..... I kind of tuned out about a third of the way into his comment.
My typical response to something like that is “and if my aunt had balls, she’d be my uncle.”

So we all know that when we win this fall, the Nubs will never schedule us again, right?
We could hope that to be the case but it won't be.

Despite not beating us in the time that some of their players have been alive their fans cannot comprehend the idea that they aren't somehow superior to us. Every loss they have been subject to is the fault of bad breaks, referees, cheating, the last coach, etc.

They all dream of spending time in Colorado but want to be able to fly their stupid flags, display their stupid window stickers, and wear their stupid red polyester with the big N on it without feeling as if they are being laughed at.

They don't understand that win or lose they would be laughed at but the losses make it particularly enjoyable.

We could hope that to be the case but it won't be.

Despite not beating us in the time that some of their players have been alive their fans cannot comprehend the idea that they aren't somehow superior to us. Every loss they have been subject to is the fault of bad breaks, referees, cheating, the last coach, etc.

They all dream of spending time in Colorado but want to be able to fly their stupid flags, display their stupid window stickers, and wear their stupid red polyester with the big N on it without feeling as if they are being laughed at.

They don't understand that win or lose they would be laughed at but the losses make it particularly enjoyable.
They have gotten some bad breaks against us in the last three games. It’s wonderful.

Back