What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official ****braska Hate Thread

The Fuskers are racist AF. They were supposed to pay Akron $1.15 mil and are only going to pay BCU, a historically black university, $800,000 or 3/5ths of $1.15 mil. That’s ****ed up.

It's called market price. BCU is an FCS school with a tight athletic budget. They are willing to play for $800k that's what kNU pays. Akron is a BCS level school. Nebraska had to offer them more to come in.

Doesn't have anything to do with historically black. If Northern Colorado had that weekend free they probably would have been approached and as an FCS school the price would have been close to the same as BCU got.

And I'm going to bet that in the end Akron gets all or most of their $1.15 million. Supposedly the contract was payable as of kickoff and the ball was kicked off prior to cancellation.

It's called market price. BCU is an FCS school with a tight athletic budget. They are willing to play for $800k that's what kNU pays. Akron is a BCS level school. Nebraska had to offer them more to come in.

Doesn't have anything to do with historically black. If Northern Colorado had that weekend free they probably would have been approached and as an FCS school the price would have been close to the same as BCU got.

And I'm going to bet that in the end Akron gets all or most of their $1.15 million. Supposedly the contract was payable as of kickoff and the ball was kicked off prior to cancellation.
This is the Nebraska hate thread? Why are you guys trying to apply logic.

So is Nebraska going to give refunds for the game that was never played or honor those tickets for admission to the BCU game? Or are Nub fans such suckers they'll buy new tickets to see them play BCU after already getting ripped off?

I would expect that they will make the Akron tickets the Bethune Cookman tickets. In effect the weather cancellation will cost them the guarantee for Bethune. Fans might be angry that their tickets are for an FCS opponent instead of a G5 opponent. Bigger is the fans who bought tickets expecting to see the first win by Frost. Maybe Bethune will turn out to be that as well.

I would expect that they will make the Akron tickets the Bethune Cookman tickets. In effect the weather cancellation will cost them the guarantee for Bethune. Fans might be angry that their tickets are for an FCS opponent instead of a G5 opponent. Bigger is the fans who bought tickets expecting to see the first win by Frost. Maybe Bethune will turn out to be that as well.
They are reissuing tickets and will not honor the Akron tickets. So the season ticket holders and people who purchased tickets through the ticket office will get replacements. Those who bought tickets on the secondary market are screwed.

This is the Nebraska hate thread? Why are you guys trying to apply logic.

I won't call Nebraska racist (although they probably are. I will call them cheap and have already noted that they love to inflate their record scheduling a lot of non-P5 opponents, especially weak non-P5 opponents then acting like they accomplished something.

This era is getting awfully expensive for Nebraska- new contract to Frosty, paying 2 schools for a "bodybag" game, printing up all those "Frost the Savior" coffee table books, the buyout for Frosty when he flops...

This era is getting awfully expensive for Nebraska- new contract to Frosty, paying 2 schools for a "bodybag" game, printing up all those "Frost the Savior" coffee table books, the buyout for Frosty when he flops...
The buyout is $.99 at your local Wendy’s.

what a freakn joke. Bethune-Cookman ? WTF? way to challenge your national champion quality football team nubs.

****ing joke

Maybe we need a poll for how many weeks this will remain as a top 5 thread!!!
Holy Crap!!!! Let's move on!!!! I'm ready for an official HATE USC thread. Them and Oregon are the NUBs of Pac-12.

I’m with you Lonster. I hate SC and ASU worse than Nebraska. I also hate Oregon and UCLA. I think that it is time we start pissing on their grandmothers!

Maybe we need a poll for how many weeks this will remain as a top 5 thread!!!
Holy Crap!!!! Let's move on!!!! I'm ready for an official HATE USC thread. Them and Oregon are the NUBs of Pac-12.

I'm with you. It's a nice reminder to what we had and we need to see which team this fanbase hates more often...maybe that is how a rivalry would develop since people from the other team will start a hate CU thread...gotta start off with a small starter type of fire.

My intention when starting this thread was to keep it in the charts for decades. The hate runs that deep.

a1c.gif

Back