What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official ****braska Hate Thread

In my glory in reveling in the depression of Volnation yesterday one of the best posts was a Vol Fan saying (and I'm paraphrasing) I'm afraid we've become irrelevant to anyone but us, I'm afraid we've become Nebraska.

That about sums up that deluded fan base. We’ve embraced the suck here at Colorado, they’re still living in the 90’s. They’ll never get past it while they’re pretending they’re relevant to anyone. Michigan, OSU, MSU, Wisconsin, Iowa are all laughing at them.

In my glory in reveling in the depression of Volnation yesterday one of the best posts was a Vol Fan saying (and I'm paraphrasing) I'm afraid we've become irrelevant to anyone but us, I'm afraid we've become Nebraska.

In their defense, they haven't made losing to Group of 5 teams a habit like the nubs have...

Nubs last month: “...statistics show...new coach, new system...Adrian Martinez...(chi-)Mo Washington...muffaloes...”

Nubs this week: “our offense was running base against USA...DEFENSE...Special teams...sea of red”

Reality, playing an early season game at altitude with a coach that does not have confidence in this team when walking off of the field yesterday, and a QB that is about to show their true colors after kind of posing as nothing more than an actual QB yesterday. He didn’t get to be Mr. excitement, blah blah blah.

If the Huskers don’t show up this year, you’ll see some of these guys in the transfer portal in the offseason

TLDR TLDR

So, Martinez looked funny. A step slow, indecisive, unmotivated. Idk what that was about. Maybe just a one game thing or living in Lincoln finally annoyed him. Idk.

Outside of that, it was about what I expected. Their DL looked okay at times, better than okay at times, and unspectacular at times. Far from what the camp reports made it sound like where they went 7-8 deep with dominating 800lb squatters. They also got winded easily - which is something their writers have mentioned being an issue.

They have a bit of a Landman situation going on with Mo Barry, who looked slow and took some poor angles which is really weird because he was their best returning defender. Their other starting ILB, Will Honas, is exactly who we thought he would be. An unguided missile who will make a ton of mistakes.

Domann looked good at OLB and gave them some life. But he also didn’t play all game and I think he’s probably on a pitch count due to so many injuries in a row. Outside of him, their OLBs got virtually no pressure. In fact, their best (and really their only) pressure came from DB blitzes - we will see how effective that is in the long run.

Their DBs were willing to make tackles but WRs were running free. They won because of defense and STs, but it wasn’t like they shut S Alabama down. I’m not convinced Chinander is the guy, which is pretty much the universal opinion in Lincoln.

Offensively, their interior OL was pretty rough. The academic miracle, Dedrick Mills, spent most of the game running into lineman’s butts. They will test our edges because they don’t have the big RB Ozigbo to lean on like they had last year. C is still a major issue. Snaps were high and it threw off timing. They brought in the backup in the 2nd half, who was able to snap the ball correctly, but their whole OL looked worse with him in there.

WRs didn’t appear to be getting open at all. I think they miss Stanley Morgan more than they thought they would.

Despite all the big wiener talk in Lincoln, Moos said 6 wins and a bowl game is the goal. Maybe they truly did sandbag so we don’t see a beatdown coming, but they looked very underwhelming. As always:

The comments are interesting as well. It seems like it is not all sunshine and rainbows for Frostie anymore. Some fans are getting a little restless. They may want to consider delaying that resurrection of his statue.

tumblr_mtwxe2ZQV41qb9jcko6_250.gif

He's tryin' to say: "Opie mad."

That's got me quaking in my boots. Hopefully some idiot in the Denver media (Gotta think they've got to spend a fair amount of time on the game with Broncos not playing until late Monday) will ask Frost about the Martinez injury from last year

Scott Frost doesn’t like us? I’m not sure why he would dislike poor, lowly little, non-rival CU???

I don’t know how to feel about this game. I’m nervous and cautiously optimistic but by no means overly confident over the outcome. I’ll be drunk and ridiculously loud (what else is new) and probably crude with quite a few **** you’s to the grannies and fat POS Nub fans. CU really has nothing to lose here, they have excuses galore as to why they lost, everyone expects it. Scott Frost has to be puckering his asshole right now thinking about coming to Boulder with a team that looked bad against a team that has nothing to lose.

I will tell you this. If CU wins this game, I’m going to make you guys proud. All those rumors of asshole CU fans never met me...these ****ers won’t hear the end of it on my way out. Now I’m getting myself pumped, I hope we rip these ****ers a new one.

**** you Nebraska, eat a dick and die. Bitch.

Scott Frost doesn’t like us? I’m not sure why he would dislike poor, lowly little, non-rival CU???

I don’t know how to feel about this game. I’m nervous and cautiously optimistic but by no means overly confident over the outcome. I’ll be drunk and ridiculously loud (what else is new) and probably crude with quite a few **** you’s to the grannies and fat POS Nub fans. CU really has nothing to lose here, they have excuses galore as to why they lost, everyone expects it. Scott Frost has to be puckering his asshole right now thinking about coming to Boulder with a team that looked bad against a team that has nothing to lose.

I will tell you this. If CU wins this game, I’m going to make you guys proud. All those rumors of asshole CU fans never met me...these ****ers won’t hear the end of it on my way out. Now I’m getting myself pumped, I hope we rip these ****ers a new one.

**** you Nebraska, eat a dick and die. Bitch.
(Starts slow clap)

This is my favorite post all year. Well done sir.

Back