What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official ****braska Hate Thread

It seems that most fan bases would be upset about having a team that loses seemingly every week by a TD or less. Eventually they would consider that if the team is that close they should win at least some of those games and the team is in fact choking some wins away.

These same fans would usually then look at the coach, the leader of the team and the one responsible for recruiting the athletes and setting the tone of the team and conclude that this person is a loser and a problem.

Not the corn

To them losing close games week after week is a source of pride. Losing by a little instead of a lot is a positive and reason to look forward to the future.

Yes these are simple farmers, people of the earth. Morons.

It seems that most fan bases would be upset about having a team that loses seemingly every week by a TD or less. Eventually they would consider that if the team is that close they should win at least some of those games and the team is in fact choking some wins away.

These same fans would usually then look at the coach, the leader of the team and the one responsible for recruiting the athletes and setting the tone of the team and conclude that this person is a loser and a problem.

Not the corn

To them losing close games week after week is a source of pride. Losing by a little instead of a lot is a positive and reason to look forward to the future.

Yes these are simple farmers, people of the earth. Morons.
But they have the best 3-8 team, ever, in the history of college football.

We had a lot of close losses in 2000 and won a conference championship in 2001.

Talk me off the ledge and explain to me why Nebraska will suck again in 2022.

Talk me off the ledge and explain to me why ****braska will suck again in 2022.
Scott frost hasn't recruited at the level to do that. Plus, he's had a lot of attrition. Unless he kills it in the transfer portal, they don't have the offensive firepower to win a conference. Plus, he's a doofus

I don’t know if they’ll be better, but their W-L record will almost certainly be improved. They replace Ohio State and Michigan State on the schedule, with Rutgers and Indiana. That alone is worth 2 more wins. They have the usual 2 cupcake games and they get their toughest game (OU) at home.

Their biggest question will be, what to do with Martinez. If he comes back, they’ll have like an 8th year senior QB, and all the benefits of that experience. But it’s unlikely that he suddenly stops turning over the ball at critical times. If they ask him to transfer, then they’ll have to hit the lottery with a transfer QB, because I don’t think they have anyone on the team that they are expecting great things from.

TLDR I think the biggest thing to remember with Nebraska this year: they have 2 wins against FBS schools and only 1 of those wins is a P5 team. The P5 win is NW, who was in the conversation for worst offseason in the country. Not only did they lose some key cogs to graduation (including 2 1st round picks, a 5th round pick, and then the Nate Landman of their defense), they had such bad and unexpected attrition that even their own writers assumed that Fitzgerald had taken an NFL job and broke the news to the team. And then 2 key starters got season ending injuries in fall camp. Coincidentally, the G5 program in the conversation for worst offseason in the country was Buffalo, who is Nebraska’s other win. Leipold was hired by Kansas and brought several players with him. On top of losing the conference player of the year to graduation, Buffalo lost 2 all-conference players to the transfer portal, 2 additional key starters, and in total 7(!) players in the trenches. These are Nebraska’s only FBS wins lol.

The close losses have been admittedly fairly impressive but overall, hard to excuse when they also lost games to Illinois and Purdue. Their two most game-breaking offensive players are WR Samori Toure, a grad transfer who is gone after this year and TE Austin Allen, who tweeted that he will be entering the NFL draft. They landed the #1 TE in the 2020 class, a kid who grew up a Nebraska fan, and there’s a reason their TE coach was the only one not fired on offense. I expect them to be mostly fine at that position. Every year, we hear they are loaded at WR but they continue to start walk-on guys there so I honestly have a hard time gauging the depth there. RB attrition has hit pretty hard. They currently have 2 guys who have had trouble staying healthy and a former walk-on who got in a bit of trouble for yelling at a coach and refusing to go in a game at one point.

Defensively, they lose Jojo Domann, both starting safeties, a starting CB, a starting DE, and their starting NT is likely to declare for the NFL draft. On top of all this, I agree with Holic, wondering if DC Chinander gets a HC opportunity somewhere. I would assume he would bring their DL or DB coach with him, or maybe both if he does. Would be a massive coaching turnover on both sides of the ball if that happened. This really was the year where it all came together. Just a massive failure to not get to a bowl game, even with Oklahoma, Ohio State, and Michigan on the schedule (Michigan State too but that wasn’t as obvious in the preseason). It’s gotten so bad, they had to run a BOGO sale for tickets for the Purdue game to keep the sellout streak alive and Scott Frost is still their HC. No need to worry.

Scott Frost,
Scott Frost,
Scott Frost,

And a lot of reasons associated with Scott Frost.

As mentioned earlier the schedule gets easier so they probably won't win only 3 games but they will still suck.

We had some real leadership on that team that the fuskers don't. We didn't have plane loads of people transferring out every year.

And we didn't have a coach who almost challenged his team to find ways to lose then threw them under the bus when they did.

TLDR I think the biggest thing to remember with ****braska this year: they have 2 wins against FBS schools and only 1 of those wins is a P5 team. The P5 win is NW, who was in the conversation for worst offseason in the country. Not only did they lose some key cogs to graduation (including 2 1st round picks, a 5th round pick, and then the Nate Landman of their defense), they had such bad and unexpected attrition that even their own writers assumed that Fitzgerald had taken an NFL job and broke the news to the team. And then 2 key starters got season ending injuries in fall camp. Coincidentally, the G5 program in the conversation for worst offseason in the country was Buffalo, who is ****braska’s other win. Leipold was hired by Kansas and brought several players with him. On top of losing the conference player of the year to graduation, Buffalo lost 2 all-conference players to the transfer portal, 2 additional key starters, and in total 7(!) players in the trenches. These are ****braska’s only FBS wins lol.

The close losses have been admittedly fairly impressive but overall, hard to excuse when they also lost games to Illinois and Purdue. Their two most game-breaking offensive players are WR Samori Toure, a grad transfer who is gone after this year and TE Austin Allen, who tweeted that he will be entering the NFL draft. They landed the #1 TE in the 2020 class, a kid who grew up a ****braska fan, and there’s a reason their TE coach was the only one not fired on offense. I expect them to be mostly fine at that position. Every year, we hear they are loaded at WR but they continue to start walk-on guys there so I honestly have a hard time gauging the depth there. RB attrition has hit pretty hard. They currently have 2 guys who have had trouble staying healthy and a former walk-on who got in a bit of trouble for yelling at a coach and refusing to go in a game at one point.

Defensively, they lose Jojo Domann, both starting safeties, a starting CB, a starting DE, and their starting NT is likely to declare for the NFL draft. On top of all this, I agree with Holic, wondering if DC Chinander gets a HC opportunity somewhere. I would assume he would bring their DL or DB coach with him, or maybe both if he does. Would be a massive coaching turnover on both sides of the ball if that happened. This really was the year where it all came together. Just a massive failure to not get to a bowl game, even with Oklahoma, Ohio State, and Michigan on the schedule (Michigan State too but that wasn’t as obvious in the preseason). It’s gotten so bad, they had to run a BOGO sale for tickets for the Purdue game to keep the sellout streak alive and Scott Frost is still their HC. No need to worry.
Unfortunately it appears they have a qb.

Unfortunately it appears they have a qb.
Their biggest problem right now is consistently snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Eventually, they're going to have to get over the hump and finish a game like the one they're in right now. Something tells me if Iowa can score, NU chokes again.

EDIT: Iowa just scored off a blocked punt. Fuskering at its finest.

Last edited:
NU was leading 21-9 and appeared to have the game wrapped up late in the 3rd quarter as Iowa had yet to see the endzone. Since then:
  • Punt blocked with a scoop and score: 21-16
  • Safety: 21-18
  • Another Iowa field goal: 21-21 (and I just covered the over)
In other words, tie game with about 8 minutes left at 21-21 -> and Iowa does not have an offensive touchdown.

Britney Spears Laughing GIF

****braska Football!
The best eveerrr . . . . . . at choking on opportunity.
How do you guys keep doing it?

I keep tuning in to your games trying to see what new, unique way you'll find to lose.....and this week you guys give up 22 straight to an Iowa team who couldn't score an offensive touchdown for 57:02? That's talent.

Two other thoughts-One, we have the worst offense in the power 5-and we're still going to wind up with a better record than you. Two, you know you flat blow ass when the under on your win total is all but clinched on Halloween.

Back