What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official ****braska Hate Thread

Toxic masculinity anyone when you're celebrating that players are vomiting en masse because the training is so hard?

I have spoken to trainers about the workouts I used to do for football in the 80s & 90s when we'd go until we puked. 100% reaction has been that it was a really bad thing to do and no one has done it that way for years besides maybe a first day or two to try to make players quit who weren't totally committed. If Frost's not just blowing smoke to play to fans and the "old school toughness" fantasy many have, then this is just bad team management that does much more harm than good.

I have spoken to trainers about the workouts I used to do for football in the 80s & 90s when we'd go until we puked. 100% reaction has been that it was a really bad thing to do and no one has done it that way for years besides maybe a first day or two to try to make players quit who weren't totally committed. If Frost's not just blowing smoke to play to fans and the "old school toughness" fantasy many have, then this is just bad team management that does much more harm than good.
Which would fit Frost perfectly.

His entire time back as head coach has been about the fantasy of recreating their image of a time long past.

This.

The old school tough guy practices lead directly to things like this:

Meanwhile, in the AD office, Trev is like :

Michael Sheen Nod GIF by Brad's Status

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

"This is a great example of how Hannigan presents information throughout his column. Technically, what he wrote is accurately describes the charges Washington faced in 2019. However, they are phrased in a very harsh manner, likely intended to shock and horrify his Irish audience."

That is a direct quote in this "article". Bad grammar and all. :ROFLMAO:

He's got nothing except saying there is a more nuanced and forgiving way to write about this stuff which doesn't sound so bad & it's really mean for no reason to bring it up at all.
This is it.

He wants to respond but everything in the article in question is true, and indefensible unless you are a husker cult member.

i think i might have to subscribe to the irish times. that is some solid journalism, right up there with the NYT and WaPo.

go irish (times, that is).

Here’s a tweet with several irate Huskers fans in the comments. Mostly boring “hit piece” commentary but a few posts were gold:

Do some research!

And then a few posts about people who are glad they’re not spending a dollar in Ireland including one who said “lazy hit piece about a fanbase that will soon forget Ireland after leaving.”

I have forgotten how sensitive those Husker fans are after having to deal with those Oregon fans for over a decade.

This was just shared with me and it made my morning. Apparently the Nub fans are ripping pissed about the article because the truth hurts.
So good.

When the huskers were here in 2019 I was talking to a woman I know in town who doesn't follow football and didn't understand why our town was being invaded by obese people wearing embroidered jeans.

She said, "Something is going on. There are a lot of people here that are...are...they're not like us."

Not like us indeed.

Back