What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official ****braska Hate Thread

That is a pathetic coaching tree. Not sure why they included Frost as he was never on an Osborne staff.

Coaching tree[edit]​

Osborne's Nebraska coaching staffs were renowned for their lack of turnover. Several assistants were known to have declined head coaching offers elsewhere to remain with the program. Notable examples include George Darlington (30 seasons), Milt Tenopir (29 seasons),[11] and Charles McBride (23 seasons)[12] all of whom had opportunities to become head coaches. Darlington was the first assistant coach in Division I-A history to be involved in 300 wins at one school.[13] However, several assistant coaches and players under Osborne did go on to become NCAA head coaches:

The only one that had success was Bohl at NDSU. Frost should have stayed at UCF, but Nubs desperately wanted to be relevant and Frost thought of himself as hot shot coach.

That is a pathetic coaching tree. Not sure why they included Frost as he was never on an Osborne staff.

Coaching tree[edit]​

Osborne's Nebraska coaching staffs were renowned for their lack of turnover. Several assistants were known to have declined head coaching offers elsewhere to remain with the program. Notable examples include George Darlington (30 seasons), Milt Tenopir (29 seasons),[11] and Charles McBride (23 seasons)[12] all of whom had opportunities to become head coaches. Darlington was the first assistant coach in Division I-A history to be involved in 300 wins at one school.[13] However, several assistant coaches and players under Osborne did go on to become NCAA head coaches:

Scott frost is my goat Nebraska coach

The only one that had success was Bohl at NDSU. Frost should have stayed at UCF, but Nubs desperately wanted to be relevant and Frost thought of himself as hot shot coach.
Bohl was a legit good coach. Really hit his stride once too old to ever get the shot at the big time.

But damn is that a crap list.

I judge managers by how well they develop they talent under them.

Osborne would have been fired by me pretty early on.

Solich was the HC for that game. Not following your query here.

Season 3 Wall GIF by The Simpsons

I haven't listened but I've heard that he was having a rough time but has been better lately.
He started slow and was not contributing as forceful as I think he could have, but he is doing great now, solid on his opinions, and highly respected. He is really honest about the NFL and how brutal it can be as players to get cut or treated poorly. He talked one time about getting fined by the NFL, in perspective around Kareem Jackson's situation, and he says that a FedEx envelope shows up at your locker on Wednesday with a form letter from the league offices stating that you broke a rule during X play at the last game and you will lose $$$ from your game check that would be deposited on Friday, and thank you for your donation to NFL Charities :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I wish he was more of a Buffs homer, but he is a no nonsense guy right now telling folks how it is. I think he also does not realize his potential if he were to push harder for exposure cause I think he can make this a big thing for him and his family

He started slow and was not contributing as forceful as I think he could have, but he is doing great now, solid on his opinions, and highly respected. He is really honest about the NFL and how brutal it can be as players to get cut or treated poorly. He talked one time about getting fined by the NFL, in perspective around Kareem Jackson's situation, and he says that a FedEx envelope shows up at your locker on Wednesday with a form letter from the league offices stating that you broke a rule during X play at the last game and you will lose $$$ from your game check that would be deposited on Friday, and thank you for your donation to NFL Charities :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I wish he was more of a Buffs homer, but he is a no nonsense guy right now telling folks how it is. I think he also does not realize his potential if he were to push harder for exposure cause I think he can make this a big thing for him and his family
He's one of my favorite Buffs as well, but in my opinion, he's unlistenable on the radio.
I don't think he is great but he is getting much better and fairly quickly. He does have some interesting insights and doesn't mind going against the flow of general opinion including fan opinion, and he backs it with reasoning.

He also is willing to say some things that aren't going to be popular in local locker rooms or local team offices.

Seems like he is working hard at getting better. I'm glad to see him doing well.

I don't think he is great but he is getting much better and fairly quickly. He does have some interesting insights and doesn't mind going against the flow of general opinion including fan opinion, and he backs it with reasoning.

He also is willing to say some things that aren't going to be popular in local locker rooms or local team offices.

Seems like he is working hard at getting better. I'm glad to see him doing well.
Perfectly said
He is the pro athlete color commentator, so he does not have to be perfect like the main announcer, so his opinions need to stay on topic and he says whatever he wants
They need more interviews and I wish Phil would get some Buffs on the show to help with promotion

Posted for the comments. :ROFLMAO:

Adidas to kNU - are you serious?

kNU to Adidas - we need to come to grips on the fact that we are a volleyball/bowling school now. Best to embrace that culture/lifestyle. Now, can you do a run of foam trucker hats and foam rubber drink coozies?

Back