What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Buffs Dance Resume Thread

Reid from Oregon State just pulled a stupid in Salt Lake. Intentionally tripped the ref. See you in 3 games dude.

I just witnessed the dumbest thing I've ever seen on a basketball court. OSU player made a great play to rip the ball from Poeltl, chased it down, and got it to his guard in the backcourt. (Under 3 minutes to play, tie game.)

So what does the dumbass do?

Intentionally sticks his leg out to trip the official, draws a flagrant 2, and fouls out on the play to boot.

That's a special level of dumb.

Tinkle tinkled and missed a layup with :24 to go. Utah ball, up 2
Utah scored, up 4 with :24 to go. Must've made FT's.
Two more FT's, up 6 with :13 to go.
Utah wins 59-53.

Last edited:
Not a killer loss for OSU as they've got a home stand next, but blowing an 11 point halftime lead isn't great. OSU is an NIT team.

Still more questions than answers for Utah at this point. Sure, they get the W, but they're just not very good right now.

The parity in the PAC 12 this year may be unprecedented for ANY conference from what I've seen so far ... in my CBB memory (which is pretty long). :(

I just witnessed the dumbest thing I've ever seen on a basketball court. OSU player made a great play to rip the ball from Poeltl, chased it down, and got it to his guard in the backcourt. (Under 3 minutes to play, tie game.)

Intentionally sticks his leg out to trip the official, draws a flagrant 2, and fouls out on the play to boot.

I think there are several of us who would've "tripped" a Pac 12 official here and there. The ref was prolly blowin' calls the whole game and the kid just couldn't take it anymore.

Monday:

Nicholls State 5-13 (1-3) @ Sam Houston State 9-9 (4-1): Nicholls is 0-11 on the road this year and Live RPI gives them just an 11% chance in this one with a projected loss by 13.9.

#17 Iowa State 13-4 (2-3) vs #2 Oklahoma 15-1 (4-1): Monday's new rankings will presumably have Oklahoma #1. If not, they should. Iowa State was able to stop the bleeding on a rough start to Big XII play with a win at Kansas State over the weekend. A win over the top ranked Sooners would obviously reclaim momentum and have big implications for seeding purposes down the line. Live RPI gives the Cyclones a 43% chance of victory, although I'm actually seeing ISU favored by 2 at the moment.

Hampton 9-7 (5-0) @ North Carolina Central 7-12 (2-3): Hampton is alone atop the MEAC. The Pirates have a great chance to win that conference and end up in the Big Dance. Granted, there are 13 teams and Hampton is currently the only one that has an overall winning record. Yikes.

Here's a quick look at the RPI situation of CU and our opponents. CU enters the week with its RPI at a very solid 24. At a minimum this week CU will want to get a W at Wazzu as the Cougs are the only possible opponent left that may qualify as a "bad loss" (sub-150 RPI...Cougs are currently projected to finish 155). That's a bit of a concern because while Wazzu is most certainly the Pac12's weakest link, they aren't that bad. For instance, they've already taken down UCLA.

Pac12: Oregon 9, USC 14, Arizona 28, Utah 29, Oregon State 40, Stanford 44, Arizona State 50, Cal 53, Washington 56, UCLA 58, Washington State 151

OOC: SMU 6, Iowa State 16, BYU 69, Auburn 79, Penn State 84, Omaha 145, Air Force 177, Hampton 195, Colorado State 199, Nicholls State 233, Portland 252, Northern Colorado 334

Dumber than biting a guy?

I've got the OP edited for RPIs. Buffs resume now looks very, very strong. 3-3 against Top 50 and 3-1 against 51-100. 14-4 record with the #24 RPI doesn't hurt either.

(Will adjust for Top 25 when that comes out today.)

Here are the Monday games we care about:

Nicholls (5-13) at Sam Houston State (9-9) - 5:30... Nicholls doesn't win on the road

Hampton (9-7) at NC Central (7-12) - 7:00... Hampton favored by 1. Big game for them as they build toward a conference title.

Oklahoma (15-1) at Iowa State (13-4) - 7:00, ESPN... If you're watching sports tonight, this is what you're watching. Huge game for ISU to get back in the Big 12 conversation. Would be a nice boon for CU if the Clones could win. Sooners are favored by 2 (probably will be ranked #1 today).

Last edited:
I've got the OP edited for RPIs. Buffs resume now looks very, very strong. 3-3 against Top 50 and 3-1 against 51-100.

(Will adjust for Top 25 when that comes out today.)

Here are the Monday games we care about:

Nicholls (5-13) at Sam Houston State (9-9) - 5:30... Nicholls doesn't win on the road

Hampton (9-7) at NC Central (7-12) - 7:00... Hampton favored by 1. Big game for them as they build toward a conference title.

Oklahoma (15-1) at Iowa State (13-4) - 7:00, ESPN... If you're watching sports tonight, this is what you're watching. Huge game for ISU to get back in the Big 12 conversation. Would be a nice boon for CU if the Clones could win. Sooners are favored by 2 (probably will be ranked #1 today).

With the way the resume is developing, this could have been a masterful scheduling job by Tad and his staff.

Back