What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Buffs Dance Resume Thread

As if I wasn't already cheering for Penn State against the Fuskers, those unis the Nubs came out in took it to the next level.

6_4260422.jpg
methy!

Utah is going to wreck ASU tonight. Started the game 15-0 with 5 straight triples.

Also Cal is currently up 13-1 over UCLA.

Utah holding a slight 27-2 lead over ASU halfway through the first. I can only assume poor defense allowed that bucket

ASU is ready to call it a season. They're capable of being better than this. They really shouldn't be 4-11, but we're catching them at a good time it seems (as long as we aren't completely hungover)

I think we're going to finish ahead of USC now. They're not winning at Cal, and given their form of late I think Oregon knocks them off in LA.

Saturday:

#9 Arizona 22-6 (10-5) @ #22 Utah 22-7 (11-5): We aren't catching either side and our chances of beating Utah in SLC are slim given their current form. With that in mind, I think it's best to have our win over Arizona look as good as possible. Utes favored by 3.5

Nicholls State 7-21 (3-11) @ McNeese State 6-19 (4-11): Nicholls stands a good chance of cracking the top 325 with a win (currently 329).

UCLA 15-13 (6-9) @ Stanford 14-12 (7-8): Key game as Stanford does its annual jockeying for NIT seeding. UCLA's RPI sits at 75, while Stanford is 67. Stanford is coming off an impressive 20 point win over USC, while the Bruins lost at Cal. The door is all but shut on UCLA's at-large hopes at this point, although I suppose if they won every game between now and the P12 Final, they'd be 21-14 and included in the field. Highly unlikely, but with UCLA you just never know. Cardinal favored by 1.5

Auburn 11-16 (5-10) @ Alabama 16-11 (7-8): I really don't think a 16-11 sub-.500 SEC team with losses to Mississippi State and Auburn should be in the discussion like Alabama is, but ESPN works wonders, I suppose. Auburn is showing a little life after that horrendous slump, but it's unlikely they get this road W. Tide favored by 11

#17 Iowa State 19-9 (8-7) vs Kansas State 15-13 (4-11): ISU is only tied for 6th with Texas Tech at the moment. However, they should finish 10-8 (KSU, OSU, @ KU) which likely means a 5 or 6 seed for the conference tournament. Cyclones favored by 9

Hampton 16-9 (11-2) vs Howard 12-17 (6-8): As expected, this has turned into a nice season for Hampton. They're atop their conference by half a game. Hopefully they can finish the job by getting the 1 seed and making the NCAA Tournament. As much as we love conference tournaments, the pressure that these smaller schools face is remarkable. There's no second chance. Hampton is moving ever-closer to the top 150 (currently 177), but the level of competition they face makes it unlikely.

BYU 22-8 (13-4) vs Gonzaga 22-7 (14-3): BYU's final regular season game. If they win, they'll be the 2 seed in the WCC (possibly even the 1 seed if St. Mary's loses. Not sure on that tiebreaker). BYU's RPI sits at 70. A win here could jumpstart a final push towards 50 if they can have a strong conference tournament. BYU favored by 2.5

Portland 12-18 (6-11) @ San Diego 8-20 (3-14): Winnable road game for Portland. If they win, they're looking at about a 6 seed in the WCC. A loss could drop them as low as 8 or 9. Portland favored by 1

Northern Colorado 9-18 (6-9) vs Portland State 9-17 (5-10): UNC needs to get this one at home. Have to take advantage of home games like this. Portland St favored by 1

Saturday, 2/28, games we care about:

Texas Tech (18-9) at #2 Kansas (24-4)... 10:00, ESPN... KU favored by 13.5 and we want them to roll. TTU comes in at RPI 23 with CU sitting at RPI 29. Buffs can jump them with a TTU loss and a CU win vs ASU. Important for tourney seeding. TTU finishes at WVU and vs KSU, so hopefully we'll see a few losses from them.

#9 Arizona (22-6) at #22 Utah (22-7)... 12:00, ESPN... If Utah loses, the Buffs can catch them in the Pac-12 by beating ASU and Utah - but I'm not sure about tiebreakers. If Zona loses, Buffs are 1/2 game back with Zona hosting Cal and Stanford next week. On RPI, Buffs play the Utes twice so they will have more impact on final rank. Utah favored by 3.5.

#3 Oklahoma (22-5) at #25 Texas (18-10)... 12:00, CBS... Texas is RPI 22 with the Buffs at 29. A Texas home loss coupled with a CU home win on Sunday makes it very likely the Buffs jump them, which will impact NCAAT seeding.

#23 Notre Dame (19-8) at Florida State (16-12)... 2:00, ESPN2... Notre Dame comes in at RPI 27, so the Buffs can jump the Irish on RPI and eventually seeding if they lose. ND favored by 2.

#10 Maryland (23-5) at #20 Purdue (21-7)... 2:00, ESPN... Purdue is at RPI 21. A home loss coupled with a CU win on Sunday gives the Buffs a great chance at jumping them. Purdue favored by 4.

#21 Texas A&M (21-7) at Missouri (10-18)... 2:00, ESPNU... aTm is RPI 24 and favored by 9.5 in this one, but Mizzou has been playing better lately by winning its last 2 home games (Tenn, SC). Mizzou could really help a CU rise.

Nicholls (7-21) at McNeese State (6-19)... An actual chance for a Nicholls road win. Would be nice. Nicholls at RPI 328, so maybe its best chance to get out of that sub-300 RPI embarrassment to the CU resume.

UCLA (15-13) at Stanford (14-12)... 2:30, FOX... For RPI, Buffs played (and beat) 67 Stanford twice so it would be great for the resume if they could get to Top 50. But with CU getting crushed at 75 UCLA it wouldn't be the worst thing if they finished by winning their final 3 games (@ Furd, Oregon, OSU), getting to the Top 50 and not looking like such a bad loss on the resume. Trees favored by 1.5.

Auburn (11-16) at Alabama (16-11)... 3:00, SECN... Alabama favored by 11 and is fighting for its Bubble life at RPI 53. Auburn can become a strong road win for CU if it can bank some more wins (RPI 143). Auburn beat Bama by 6 earlier this year.

Kansas State (15-13) at #17 Iowa State (19-9)... 4:00, ESPN2... Clones are favored by 9 and need to win this game to maintain their Top 20 RPI (#19) for the CU resume.

Howard (12-17) at Hampton (16-9)... Hampton just needs to keep winning for us all the way through their conference tourney to be a Dance team and, hopefully, back its way into a Top 150 RPI (currently 177) despite playing a very weak conference schedule.

#19 Baylor (20-8) at TCU (11-17)... 6:00, ESPNU... Baylor favored by 8.5 and TCU sucks. Baylor is #26 RPI, so a loss moves the Buffs up. **** Baylor.

Gonzaga (22-7) at BYU (22-8)... 6:00, ESPN2... Zags in real danger of missing the Dance at RPI 69. BYU comes in at RPI 70, so in similar shape. BYU can help us a lot by winning this and going on a WCC tourney run to make the Dance with, possibly, a Top 50 final RPI. BYU favored by 2.5.

Portland (12-18) at San Diego (8-10)... 7:00... San Diego only favored by 1. Good chance for Portland to get a road win and improve its highly disappointing RPI 243 a bit.

Portland State (9-17) at Northern Colorado (9-18)... 7:00... UNCo is a 1pt home dog in this one. Any win is a good one with that team. At RPI 305, so could at least get out of that sub-300 nightmare that jumps off the page when evaluating CU's resume.

Edit: @CVilleBuff beat me to it, so you guys get a bit extra today. I went a bit deeper by putting in some RPI games that can impact CU's tourney seeding.

Last edited:
South Carolina down 14 to Miss State in the second half. This would be another horrendous loss for a Gamecocks side that just recently lost to Mizzou. Their SOS is abysmal (OOC 264). They essentially have a gigantic pile of crap wins with a few halfway decent ones sprinkled on top. What will it take for them to be on the bubble?

South Carolina down 14 to Miss State in the second half. This would be another horrendous loss for a Gamecocks side that just recently lost to Mizzou. Their SOS is abysmal (OOC 264). They essentially have a gigantic pile of crap wins with a few halfway decent ones sprinkled on top. What will it take for them to be on the bubble?

Textbook case of the rare P6 team that gets snubbed even with an RPI in the 40s.

Textbook case of the rare P6 team that gets snubbed even with an RPI in the 40s.

If it wasn't for their recent win over Florida, they'd be in huge trouble. I wonder if this loss wakes up the "bracketologists". It was one thing to pile up junk wins, but they're now amassing a collecting of ugly losses. They may very well pick up another bad loss at Arkansas. In my book South Carolina is closer to being out of the field than the 6 seed Lunardi had them as before this loss,

Stanford with a convincing win over UCLA. Stanford now 15-12 (8-8), UCLA just 15-14 (6-10). UCLA's bubble is completely and absolutely popped now. Bruins are going to be the 10 seed in the P12T it seems.

Some results from the Saturday feature games are in.

Kansas beat Texas Tech, dropping TTU to RPI 24.
Not mentioned about because it was so unlikely, but Dayton lost at home to Rhode Island and dropped to RPI 23... in range of CU now.
Texas beat up on Oklahoma, moving up to RPI 19. This just in: Shaka can coach.
Utah beat Arizona, moving Utah to RPI 8 and dropping Zona to RPI 30.
Notre Dame lost at Florida State, dropping the Irish to RPI 31.
Purdue notched a home win over Maryland, moving them up to RPI 18.
Not mentioned above because I didn't see it anywhere close to likely, but St. Bonaventure lost at home to UMass to drop to RPI 34.
Texas A&M cruised past Mizzou, moving to RPI 22.
Nicholls lost in OT, dropping an opportunity to not suck quite so badly.
Stanford beat UCLA, moving to RPI 64 and dropping the Bruins to RPI 78.

Buffs at RPI 28 after the early games.

Back