What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Buffs Dance Resume Thread

I'd take the ********** right now. Be nice to beat them twice in the same year ... and I'm thinking it's a better matchup for us.

EDIT: And good to see that our pet name for our esteemed conference rivals from the desert now passes muster. Kudos to the mods.

Dick *****!

No matter, if you win you've got to play a tough team. Cal, UO, AZ, UT - take your pick. None are unbeatable though.
We have won a game against everyone but Utah, who we should have beaten. We can literally beat anyone on any given night.

I don't want North Carolina, I remember the last game against them in the tourney. They are deep too and have a lot of skill.

Hey, if we win out, we could get the 3 or 4 seed. Probably.
I couldn't rule anything out with this team, but we have a 5-8 record away from CEC so going on a 4-0 or 5-0 run is a little unrealistic for me. At this point a successful conclusion to the season would mean winning a game in the NCAA tourney.

I couldn't rule anything out with this team, but we have a 5-8 record away from CEC so going on a 4-0 or 5-0 run is a little unrealistic for me. At this point a successful conclusion to the season would mean winning a game in the NCAA tourney.

Yeah. But no one in the conference has played well away from home, at least in Pac-12 games.

Sort of random. Depends on who ends up taking the 1 seeds. But it has been pretty consistent that the 5/12 and 4/13 to grab a game Denver.

Typically, they try to keep the 1 seeds close to home (why the NC teams always get Charlotte or Raleigh, and why the squaks always end up in KC)

I think I saw Gottlieb say we would have to get a top four seed to play in Denver so I don't think so.
I wondered about this, as well. both a 4 and a 5 seed play in Denver; would CU be able to get into Denver as a 5 seed?

The chances are very bad, but a 4/5 seed could be in play. If CU won out or lost in the Pac 12 Final, they'd be 26-9 or 25-10 with an RPI in the top 20 (probably), be 6-5 or 5-6 against top 25 RPI teams, close to .500 in true road games (5-6), have a winning neutral court record, and have 12-13 Top 100 wins. That's a pretty similar resume to a few of the 4/5 seeds from last year, and I'd say overall the field is weaker this year.

Updated all records and ranks. Added a column for CU's resume for its record against Top 25 to better reflect what the committee actually looks at.

Top 25: 2-5 (Utah game left)
26-50: 2-2
51-100: 5-2
101-150: 2-0
151+: 9-0
D2: 1-0

RPI 28

With a win at Utah, this could very well be the resume of a 6 or 5 seed.

Monday, 2/29, games we care about:

Oklahoma State (12-17) at #21 Iowa State (20-9)... 5:00, ESPNU... Clones need to bank a win here ahead of their regular season finale at Kansas.

Delaware State (7-22) at Hampton (17-9)... 5:00... It's possible that even with a win that Hampton's RPI will drop a bit from current 170. A loss would be a disaster.

New Orleans (9-17) at Nicholls (7-22)... Any win by Nicholls would be a good win by Nicholls.

Updated all records and ranks. Added a column for CU's resume for its record against Top 25 to better reflect what the committee actually looks at.

Top 25: 2-5 (Utah game left)
26-50: 2-2
51-100: 5-2
101-150: 2-0
151+: 9-0
D2: 1-0

RPI 28

With a win at Utah, this could very well be the resume of a 6 or 5 seed.

The good news, is that Arizona most likely will end up back in the top 25 of rpi. The seeding so far has been very strange. If you compare our resume to a team like Notre Dame, who has been a 5 or 6 seed, then our resume stacks up very nicely. I don't want to get my hopes up, but wouldn't be surprised if CU got a 6 or 7 seed, assuming they lose at Utah and win one in the PAC12 tournament. We never know who is going to go off in their conference tournament and push us down, but I would see us a 6 right now.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/bracketology/team-comparison/COLO/ND

Not expecting it but a win over Utah would be huge.
Agreed. I would be mildly surprised, but I think we've seen what this team is capable of when they get focused so it's not out of the question. If they can carry over their performances this week out onto the road, they'll have a shot.

Tuesday, March 1, games we care about (Buffs are RPI 28 entering today):

Dayton (RPI 25) at Richmond... 5:30, CBSSN... Dayton only favored by 1. Been struggling lately.

#19 Baylor (RPI 22) at #6 Oklahoma... 6:00, ESPN2... Sooners favored by 8.

#12 Indiana (RPI 27) at #16 Iowa (RPI 21)... 7:00, ESPN... Iowa favored by 4, but has been slumping lately.

#20 Texas A&M (RPI 20) at Auburn (11-17, RPI 153)... 7:00, ESPNU... Auburn an 11pt home dog. They could help CU a ton tonight.

Utah State (14-13) at Air Force (14-15, RPI 199)... 7:00... AFA getting 4. Go Zoomies!

AFA and Auburn both lost. No big surprises there, but an upset would have been nice.

Back