What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Buffs Dance Resume Thread

Just took a look at what that Mercer win did to Auburn's RPI. They jumped from #136 to #80 tonight. With that, the Buffs moved from #15 up to #13.

Huge friggin' win.

Just took a look at what that Mercer win did to Auburn's RPI. They jumped from #136 to #80 tonight. With that, the Buffs moved from #15 up to #13.

Huge friggin' win.
This whole "root for the teams you play to do well" thing gets a lot more complicated in conference play, doesn't it.

This whole "root for the teams you play to do well" thing gets a lot more complicated in conference play, doesn't it.

Once Pac-12 play starts, I'll want our non-conference opponents to pile up wins. But for Pac-12 teams, pretty much all I'll care about is what win helps the Buffs in the conf standings unless it's something where it doesn't matter and one team winning moves them into the "quality opponent" category for the resume without knocking the other team out of that. So, yeah, it's complicated. :D

Oregon took care of business. They're a great team at home this year.

Wednesday games we care about:

Savannah State at Utah (6:00, PACN)... only question here is whether you've got the balls to take Utah and lay 27.5 points
Nicholls at #18 SMU (6:00)... SMU pads its record and Nicholls gets an RPI bump (and payday) from the road loss
Simpson at Omaha (6:00)... D2 opponent, so just a warmup before a tough trip to Wyoming on Saturday
Denver at Northern Colorado (7:00)... 5.5 point underdog, but as Eustachy said, the Bank of Colorado Arena is a "death trap"
Arizona State at UNLV (8:00, CBSSN)... great opportunity for an upset. ASU can't shoot, but they are better than I thought they'd be
N Arizona at #13 Arizona (8:00, PACN)... cupcake city. do you lay the 26 points?

Halftime scores:

Utah up by 27
SMU laughs at that.. up 31 against Nicholls
Omaha "only" up by 26

UNCo missed an opportunity. Lost a close one to DU.
UA rolled.

ASU's a very scrappy team. Were without their leading scorer tonight. Down by 14 in the 2nd half and just out-hustled UNLV and kept pounding until they took their will. 16-1 advantage in 2nd chance points. Drew a bunch of charges. Broke them down off the dribble. Held UNLV to 19 2nd half points. 66-56 ASU.

Thursday:

Hampton (4-3) @ #18 SMU (8-0): Good chance to get a look at what are (hopefully SMU) both upcoming opponents.

USC (8-2) vs Cal Poly (5-4): USC favored by 10.

SMU drops from RPI 9 to 24 after beating #324 Nichols St. I would expect a similar drop for the buffs after we play Nichols so don't freak out when it happens.

You know that crew from the DU-UNC game works CU games. I wonder which one it was.

ASU doesn't score that well, but they do defend. We get them at home this year, right after games against Arizona and Utah on the road, so they might be beat up by them. That helps our RPI!

Good point. Nichols went from 324 to 244

It's weird how it works. Since opponents-of-opponents is 25% of RPI, we'll get a bump from the fact that Nicholls has now played SMU. And for SMU, the hit it took for playing Nicholls will get adjusted positively for them once CU is in their numbers as an opponent's opponent.

Friday:

Our Buffs (8-1) take on Nicholls State (3-6): I'd be shocked if this doesn't get ugly, even without a great CU performance. This Nicholls side has losses by 47 to FSU, 44 to SMU, 37 to SDSU and so on. Nicholls' wins have come against non-D1 competition.

Portland (5-6) vs Weber State (5-5): Portland has been a bit disappointing so far (losing to Idaho State, etc). They're 3.5 point underdogs to Weber in this one.

Oregon (8-2) vs Long Beach State (6-6): Oregon has been solid at home, but you can't ever write off LBSU. They may have 6 losses but look at who they've played and how close the results were. Ducks are favored by 12.5, bit higher than I expected.

Washington State (6-2) vs Texas State (5-2): Cougs favored by 10. Texas State has yet to play anyone of note.

BYU (6-3) vs Central Michigan (5-4): BYU favored by 11.

Oregon State (6-2) vs Cal State Fullerton (6-3) (Portland, OR): Beavs favored by 10.5

USC easily handles Cal Poly and moves to 9-2

I have no idea what to think about USC. Good record, good talent and their only losses are to Monmouth (who they split with) and Xavier (who may be a top 5 team). They also have numerous more impressive wins than we do (Monmouth, New Mexico and Wichita St are all ranked higher in KenPom right now than our best win). And yet I still don't trust them. This is a team that may make us all look pretty dumb in a month or two.

Friday:

Our Buffs (8-1) take on Nicholls State (3-6): I'd be shocked if this doesn't get ugly, even without a great CU performance. This Nicholls side has losses by 47 to FSU, 44 to SMU, 37 to SDSU and so on. Nicholls' wins have come against non-D1 competition.

Portland (5-6) vs Weber State (5-5): Portland has been a bit disappointing so far (losing to Idaho State, etc). They're 3.5 point underdogs to Weber in this one.

Oregon (8-2) vs Long Beach State (6-6): Oregon has been solid at home, but you can't ever write off LBSU. They may have 6 losses but look at who they've played and how close the results were. Ducks are favored by 12.5, bit higher than I expected.

Washington State (6-2) vs Texas State (5-2): Cougs favored by 10. Texas State has yet to play anyone of note.

BYU (6-3) vs Central Michigan (5-4): BYU favored by 11.

Oregon State (6-2) vs Cal State Fullerton (6-3) (Portland, OR): Beavs favored by 10.5

Every single one of those games makes me nervous.

(Buffs for no rational reason. I just stress about every game we play.)

I have no idea what to think about USC. Good record, good talent and their only losses are to Monmouth (who they split with) and Xavier (who may be a top 5 team). They also have numerous more impressive wins than we do (Monmouth, New Mexico and Wichita St are all ranked higher in KenPom right now than our best win). And yet I still don't trust them. This is a team that may make us all look pretty dumb in a month or two.

I think a big part of the issue is who they've played. Take the Wichita State win, for instance...that was when the Shockers were a banged up shell of themselves. New Mexico remains an unknown as well. Safe bet is we get an improved, but inconsistent USC.

Every single one of those games makes me nervous.

(Buffs for no rational reason. I just stress about every game we play.)

Definitely. LBSU is dangerous, Portland simply isn't very good, BYU is coming off a long break, and Wazzu and the Beavs are still capable of stupid. That said, opponents should go 4-1 tonight.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/bracketology/conference

Jerry Palm projects that Colorado wins the Pac 12 and then 6 at large bids to the conference (Arizona, Oregon, USC, UCLA, Utah, Washington). It's a very strong conference this year. However, the Big 12 has been great and projects to have 7/10 in the tourney. In fact the Big 12 has:

OU, KU, Iowa State in the top 5
Baylor and WVU in the top 20
UT in the top 40

Big test to see how Stanford does against Texas this weekend as Washington split games with texas earlier this season.

Back