What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

official Buffs v. ducks in-game thread. Go Buffs!

I can absolutely take it. You are the one searching out individual posters in random threads. More creepy than anything, but you cannot help yourself.

Can we stop trying to tear each other apart for a while and enjoy this program resurrecting win?

This game was huge. We won. I don't care who gets credit and I'm not interested in playing a "I told you so" game.

We are the muther f-Ing Buffs. We take s.hit from no team. We impose our will. We drive our enemies before us and hear the lamentation of their women.

Can we stop trying to tear each other apart for a while and enjoy this program resurrecting win?

This game was huge. We won. I don't care who gets credit and I'm not interested in playing a "I told you so" game.

We are the muther f-Ing Buffs. We take s.hit from no team. We impose our will. We drive our enemies before us and hear the lamentation of their women.

Where are the despicable opposing fans? CanadaDuck was contrite and humble during his visit. He could be in a self-inflicted alcohol induced coma of depression at this very moment.

The conqueroring spirit of the victors looked for blood, and the only blood to be found around here was within the sandy vaginas of our own ranks.

Over ten years of futility and frustration was uncorked last night and taken out on those who have been slower to embrace the warm Welcome To The Fight.

Battered wife syndrome doesn't go away overnight. Some have been conditioned to believe CU can't have nice things. It's hard to be both brash and bitter at the same time.

We'll get the herd back on the same page. CU knows no defeat. We'll roll up a mighty score. Never give in. Shoulder to shoulder we will fight, fight, fight, fight, fight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking at our schedule and, MAN, we need to win next weekend.
As much as I hate ESPN, I do like their FPI. Here is the page for the Buffs.

Here are the projected chances of winning each of the remaining games on the schedule, ranked in order of most likely to win.

Oregon St 90.5%
Arizona St. 70.0%
Wash St. 68.4%
Utah 67.8%
@Arizona 61.7%
UCLA 51.3%
@USC 38.5%
@Stanford 23.2%

Next weekend is absolutely a must win. No matter what the goal is for this season, it's just a game that the Buffs need to take care of business at home with and make yesterday's game count.

The next 3 on that list are tough opponents, but the Buffs get them at home, then UCLA basically a coin-flip. To get to a good bowl game, at least 4, if not all 5 of the home games need to be wins.

We'll see just how high the Buffs ceiling can be in that USC game the following week. Snatch a win there, and then I'll believe we've got a shot at the Pac-12 South.

Oddly enough, I like our chances against USC a lot more than I do against UCLA. USC is a hot mess right now.

Teammate takes time homie, happens over time.

As much as I hate ESPN, I do like their FPI. Here is the page for the Buffs.

Here are the projected chances of winning each of the remaining games on the schedule, ranked in order of most likely to win.

Oregon St 90.5%
Arizona St. 70.0%
Wash St. 68.4%
Utah 67.8%
@Arizona 61.7%
UCLA 51.3%
@USC 38.5%
@Stanford 23.2%

Next weekend is absolutely a must win. No matter what the goal is for this season, it's just a game that the Buffs need to take care of business at home with and make yesterday's game count.

The next 3 on that list are tough opponents, but the Buffs get them at home, then UCLA basically a coin-flip. To get to a good bowl game, at least 4, if not all 5 of the home games need to be wins.

We'll see just how high the Buffs ceiling can be in that USC game the following week. Snatch a win there, and then I'll believe we've got a shot at the Pac-12 South.

I'm surprised our chances for the USC game are that low. I'd also put the UCLA game a bit higher.

That schedule does not look intimidating at all.

Oddly enough, I like our chances against USC a lot more than I do against UCLA. USC is a hot mess right now.

Same. USC is a disaster in all facets of the game. UCLA looked really good against Stanford and their A&M loss doesn't look so bad now.

UCLA has lost two, but they've lost two against top ten teams; they took one to overtime, and led the other with under 2 minutes to go.

They're a good team, and I think their record will show that at the end of the year.

I agree with you; I think USC will be an easier game than the bruins.

I'm surprised our chances for the USC game are that low. I'd also put the UCLA game a bit higher.

That schedule does not look intimidating at all.
USC has lost to quality teams, that matters a lot to the FPI. They project out to win 5 or 6 games according to FPI. They seem to be victims of their schedule more than anything. Alabama is a beast, and Utah and Stanford on the road are tough matchups.

USC could be a very good 6-6 team if they manage to cobble 5 more wins out of their remaining 8 games.

Here is their schedule with FPI chances of winning:
Arizona State 71.2%
Colorado 61.5%
@Arizona 62.7%
Cal 73.5%
Oregon 66.6%
@Wash 23.3%
@UCLA 35.7%
Notre Dame 67.6%

Taken together going 4-1 against ASU, CU, Cal, Oregon, and Notre Dame at home would be pretty solid. All of those teams are solid; note that FPI thinks CU is USC's toughest home match-up. On the road, getting a win against either Washington or UCLA would be huge; their must win game is this weekend too. Compare that to CU needing to lock it down against Oregon State.

I also think that FPI has about a 15% difference in home away/games. The FPI likes UCLA a little better than USC and has CU as 13% more likely to beat UCLA.

Obviously the numbers aren't perfect, they're biased towards the available raw data; we're all biased towards the eye test. In a lot of ways USC's 17 point loss at Stanford looks about the same to the computers as our 17 point loss at Michigan.

Back