What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Buffs vs. ****braska Game Thread

Same here. We did get after one idiot kNU fan that didn't understand that the QB doesn't have to throw a catch-able ball when getting rid of it (in the pocket). There just has to be a receiver that is arguable who the QB was trying to hit. Other than that and maybe me doing the "Washington's a ped" cheer to the "go big red" cheer, there was almost no interaction between opposing fan bases where we sit.
I agree. It was kind of weird. It was like most fans were actively ignoring the other side.
Lot of staggering nubs but they aren’t used to beer in the stadium, it was a hot day, and a road game. No worse than me at any road game.

Put pretty civil. Yeah students do the f*** nebraska and flip the finger but that is pretty tame and not unique to this game. If it’s shocking to a nub they need to get out more. It was tamer than than they would get at most professional games (oh wait.... sorry about that). Now if you go sit with the students you deserve what you get. But our students were pretty mild (I say that with full disclosure that I was of those students that helped earn our bad rep)

Only incidents I saw were a drunk husker getting a little too exuberant with the Go Big ***. Which would be fine except you u have turned around and are doing it 8in from a couples faces who are trying to ignore you and watch the game. That crossed the line to aggro and threatening. But his buddies calmed him down before security came.

I got cussed out by some nubs because we told them to move off the steps. (I sit front row upper east side and fans of all stripes always stop to take pictures or call ppl. Yelling at them is my wife’s favorite part of game day). Now by the time they get back Lincoln I am sure the story will morph to “we were helping a disabled war hero with the steps because we are so classy when some cu fans punched us in the back of the head and tossed the veteran down the steps”

So mild and weirdly non-interactive

I'm not sure how Vivid tickets work, but if the AD sold some tickets to them, and got 75% or more of the $350 nubs were paying, I'm not sure I have a problem with that.

As she deleted the tweet View attachment 31300

My husband couldn't help but complain to a nearby Nub fan when the majority of the Nubs started yelling Go Big Red as soon as the GBMB started to play the alma mater. He leaned over and said something to the effect of "you're supposed to be such 'classy' fans and you do things like this? WE didn't do that last year in Lincoln."* The guy (who seemed overall nice) said, "I wouldn't do that," and my husband said, "well - it's still your people."

*This didn't happen in our section, anyway - but we were in row 98 in the SE corner of the stadium (the *great* seats we got through CU's athletic department) and couldn't hear squat from anywhere but our nearest neighbors.

My favorite part of leaving was using the Husker "patronizing classy fan" shtick against them. I told probably a dozen different groups of Husker fans as I left, in the most legitimately heart felt tone I could muster being sunburned/emotionally drained/sobering up from several pregame beer bongs, "you know, it's too bad, I really thought Frost was going to be the guy to turn things around for your program. Good luck going forward."

The looks of defeat from the ones that agreed, to the still shaky believers who tried to justify him to me as I walked away without further conversation was glorious. They were broken, and I poured salt on the wound without giving them a moral high horse to ride to the parking lot.

Good thread. Would read again.

1567982102627.png

Literally.
giphy.gif

At the airport. I dont usually wear logo stuff, but I am today. Bartender told me hes seen a crap ton of long faced nubs coming through today. 😂
Update: finally saw my first red clad husker fan while walking to the gate. He looked like Lurch, but bald... our eyes met and he nodded in submission to the logo on my polo shirt. I nodded back with the best **** eating grin I could muster.

OMG... that was bliss

I just re-watched the game. My biggest takeaways:
  • Coach Tucker was right. We took their best shot in the first half. We moved the ball in the 1st half. We had the PR special teams error. Lots of things went wrong that weren't about the best athleticism or typical execution outside of penalties, which were an issue in the 1st half.
  • The tide then turned in the 2nd half, where these things went our way, along with a few schematic changes.
  • The difference in 1H Montez vs. 2H Montez is really hard to comprehend. If we get 2H Montez for the rest of the year, the ceiling really is at 10 wins.

Update: finally saw my first red clad ****er fan while walking to the gate. He looked like Lurch, but bald... our eyes met and he nodded in submission to the logo on my polo shirt. I nodded back with the best **** eating grin I could muster.

OMG... that was bliss

Wife and I and the kids went to the Italian festival in Belmar today wearing our Buffs hats and I didn’t see a single Nub. Not one.

All the “greatest” fans vanished like a fart in the wind.

OK Allbuffs, this 2 game series is over, we won both games, so......

Can we officially vote to shut and lock this thread up, and like Bill Belichick says “Onto the next game!”

Goodbye Nebraska till 2023, lets focus on AFA and winning the PAC 12!!!

I OFFICIALLY VOTE TO CLOSE AND PLACE THIS THREAD IN THE HOF

Who votes in the affirmative?

OK Allbuffs, this 2 game series is over, we won both games, so......

Can we officially vote to shut and lock this thread up, and like Bill Belichick says “Onto the next game!”

Goodbye ****braska till 2023, lets focus on AFA and winning the PAC 12!!!

I OFFICIALLY VOTE TO CLOSE AND PLACE THIS THREAD IN THE HOF

Who votes in the affirmative?

No. This thread and watching them struggle to get out of their own way (while their fanbase is busy pleasuring themselves to highlights from Warden Tom era) is too much fun. Keep this open.

Back