What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Buffs vs. Oregon Score Prediction Thread

Buffs - 38
Ducks - 35

Just don't see the Buffs losing a close one with the most clutch player in college at QB.

Every week, I've predicted doom. Every week, Doom has been blocked by one miracle or another. That ends this week.

In week one, TCU decided that covering Dylan Edwards was optional and then chose to not run the ball despite averaging a first down every 1.3 runs or something like that. In week two, Nebraska started the guy whose best skill was finding creative ways to turn the ball over. If they just would had that QB go out wide and direct snapped it to their RB they would have ground CU into paste while giving their defense enough rest to pound Shedeur until he started missing throws. That game was, at best for CU, a dog fight without all those gifts from that nebraska QB (they should start him next year too).

Now, last week against CSU? A damn miracle was required. You could feel the doom building all week. The storm approached. With every confident, bombastic prediction of domination the sickness in my stomach grew. A trap awaited. No ranked team had ever won in the CSU v. CU history going back over 100 years. It was a certainty. Doom would snap shut and make CU a laughingstock once again. But then, out of the jaws of certain doom victory was snatched by my disciple, @absinthe, who pulled a legendary reverse jinx right before Shedeur led a 98 yard drive and 2 point conversion to tie the game. We had our miracle. But that was the end.

My powers wain. Our bright shining star, Travis Hunter, is sidelined. Our offensive line is down multiple projected starters. Our DBs are banged up. Our opponent is talented where we are weak. Sean Lewis is out of tricks. Our defense has been exposed. The spotlight has shined as bright as the sun on Icarus over our Buffs the last three weeks, and like that poor soul, we must pay the price.

This is the game where the magic ends. The game where the limits of Prime in year one become obvious and painful.

Ducks 42, CU 17. No heartbreak, just pain.

tl;dr. 😁

I didn’t look it up but I’m certain we beat them as a ranked team several times between ‘89 and ‘98. I think we were ranked in 1989 coming off the opening blowout of Texas in Boulder. We had to have been ranked in 1992 when Kordell blew them out in Boulder. Same for 1995 in Fort Collins.
1695293668632.png

Bo Nix reverts to his Auburn days:

CU - 38
OU - 16 (2 td's, 1 failed 2pt conversion, 1 FG)
That's what I'm thinking. Nix doesn't have the mental savvy, arm strength or accuracy SS has, he didn't do well in the SEC against better than average opponents...he'll throw at least one pick.
I believe oregon is overrated based on the TT game and TT isn't as good as TCU especially in the secondary add Sheduer's ability to extend plays and mix in some QB designated runs (cause Sheduer knows how to slide).
The wild card will be McCaskill, totally different running style than all of the other RBs on film, he has the ability to shed tackles. If CU nets 125-150 yds rushing I believe the odds shift in our favor.
I predicted a 3-0 start if my luck holds...I'd love to see a fake punt for good measure but only if we have the game in hand.
CU 45
Sucks 38

That's what I'm thinking. Nix doesn't have the mental savvy, arm strength or accuracy SS has, he didn't do well in the SEC against better than average opponents...he'll throw at least one pick.
I believe oregon is overrated based on the TT game and TT isn't as good as TCU especially in the secondary add Sheduer's ability to extend plays and mix in some QB designated runs (cause Sheduer knows how to slide).
The wild card will be McCaskill, totally different running style than all of the other RBs on film, he has the ability to shed tackles. If CU nets 125-150 yds rushing I believe the odds shift in our favor.
I predicted a 3-0 start if my luck holds...I'd love to see a fake punt for good measure but only if we have the game in hand.
CU 45
Sucks 38
That's the way I feel about Oregon and nix. I think they are both overrated. They are a good team, but not great. Closer to TCU than USC from what I've seen, and USC can be beat as well.

It really depends on what CU team goes out there and if we can get the run game going. If we get the run game going, our offense can easily keep up with theirs. Their defense is not that good. Then the question becomes can we slow their offense. We won't stop it completely, but we need to find an answer for the crossing routes this game. We do that we got an even chance in my book, maybe better than even. We get some turnovers we win. If we lose the turnover battle, we probably lose. Stay even, it's gonna come down to the wire. There are some 'ifs' there, which is why we are the underdogs but this game is winnable. I'm hoping to see McCaskill break a big one in the first quarter(hopefully first drive) and then it's game on.

I absolutely LOVE that we're a 3TD+ dog in this game and that no one, absolutely NO ONE, is giving us a chance, even the pundits who've been extolling the Buffs through the first three games. Who needs BB material from an opposing coach when we have that?

I'm getting a better and better feeling about us winning this game the closer it gets ... but then I'm just a cockeyed optimist.

I absolutely LOVE that we're a 3TD+ dog in this game and that no one, absolutely NO ONE, is giving us a chance, even the pundits who've been extolling the Buffs through the first three games. Who needs BB material from an opposing coach when we have that?

I'm getting a better and better feeling about us winning this game the closer it gets ... but then I'm just a cockeyed optimist.

NSFW prolly

I'm picking the Buffs. I have no idea how they do it and no idea what the score is but the idea of betting against the Buffs at this point doesn't make sense to me. Winning this is no less likely than what has already taken place in Boulder over the last few months. So pick where you want to put faith. I'll go with Prime and the young Buffs.

No one is giving us a chance because Oregon is actually more talented than TCU. And unlike TCU they have tape on us.

I would be super happy if we can just keep this game close.

Buffs 24
Ducks 52

Last edited:
That's the way I feel about Oregon and nix. I think they are both overrated. They are a good team, but not great. Closer to TCU than USC from what I've seen, and USC can be beat as well.

It really depends on what CU team goes out there and if we can get the run game going. If we get the run game going, our offense can easily keep up with theirs. Their defense is not that good. Then the question becomes can we slow their offense. We won't stop it completely, but we need to find an answer for the crossing routes this game. We do that we got an even chance in my book, maybe better than even. We get some turnovers we win. If we lose the turnover battle, we probably lose. Stay even, it's gonna come down to the wire. There are some 'ifs' there, which is why we are the underdogs but this game is winnable. I'm hoping to see McCaskill break a big one in the first quarter(hopefully first drive) and then it's game on.
Several good points. I'll expand with your pardon, McCaskill is a bigger back I believe he'll be a better pass blocker than Edwards = time for Sheduer. Edwards will play some slot, oregon isn't going to fall for him coming out of the backfield for a swing pass but it does make for the perfect decoy for Harrison or the deep shots. Lewis needs to call plays that will force oregon into loading the box ala knu that will open up the full playbook and I'm not guessing here....Lewis hasn't shown the entire play book yet he was a HC just at a different level but the basics are the basics regardless. Oregon will get some sacks...the one thing that has stood out to me most the first 3 games is 3rd & 15-20 is not insurmountable for these Buffs to the point I'm almost surprised when they don't get a 1st down..
Pumped just writing this listening to Skillet Invincible...LOL the last time the sucks broke out a new uni...16 with those stupid orange socks and pizza boy did bad things to them.

Back