What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Buffs vs. UNC Score Prediction Thread

I think CU wins comfortably but HCKD will not run up the score on Eddy Mac. Just do not see it happening. We do not cover and win like 31-10

I think CU wins comfortably but HCKD will not run up the score on Eddy Mac. Just do not see it happening. We do not cover and win like 31-10
I tend to agree that KD won't run it up, but I think this team is likely to put up 30+ in the first half, and I still expect some of our backups to score a couple times running the ball.

If we're talking before half, I stg if he touches the ball more than once I will lose it.

After half, give him all the 1.9 yard rushes they want
I for one welcome yet another season of Joe Davis and his awesome 5 rushes for 4 yards stat lines while pissing off recruits and better players behind him. Glorious.

Yeah, this is where I think it goes. We start slow, they are motivated (many of their kids might have wanted to be Buffs). The game ends somewhere in the 31-35 range for ys and either 10-14pts for them. I'd take the under and UNC to cover.

Hey, bring in a "name" coach from a lower level of football, have him bring in a bunch of his buddies who have never coached at this level as assistants...
Unfortunately for the players, their coaching staff is an embarrassingly horrific train wreck of epic proportions across the board.
1- bring son in to play QB
2- fire Offensive Coordinator before coaching a game
3- elevate other son to OC
4- profit

Holy ****. I somehow missed this story. Calling the staff a "train wreck" is putting it very, very mildly. Check it out.

Highlights:
  • The head coach, offensive coordinator (Max McCaffrey lol wtf?), defensive coordinator, and special teams coordinator, came to UNC with a COMBINED 3 years coaching at the collegiate level. All 3 belong to the STC, who coached 1 year at Tabor College and 2 years at Adams State.
  • All of the coordinators (except Max McCaffrey) were hired directly from HS programs. In fact, so were the ACs for the QBs, OLBs, DL, RBs. Only the TE coach, who is a holdover from the last staff, and the OL coach, who was hired from Ottawa University in Arizona, were hired from college.
  • Max McCaffrey's bio lists literally zero coaching experience. I bet the TE coach, who used to be the UNC offensive coordinator 7 years ago, is really thrilled to be working under an OC with no coaching experience.
  • The DBs coach's bio also lists no coaching experience- it also makes it clear that he is a "volunteer" assistant coach.
Seeing all of that- if this game (at least the first half) is anything less than a complete bloodbath it will be a very long season for CU. It better be something like:

45-7.

Holy ****. I somehow missed this story. Calling the staff a "train wreck" is putting it very, very mildly. Check it out.

Highlights:
  • The head coach, offensive coordinator (Max McCaffrey lol wtf?), defensive coordinator, and special teams coordinator, came to UNC with a COMBINED 3 years coaching at the collegiate level. All 3 belong to the STC, who coached 1 year at Tabor College and 2 years at Adams State.
  • All of the coordinators (except Max McCaffrey) were hired directly from HS programs. In fact, so were the ACs for the QBs, OLBs, DL, RBs. Only the TE coach, who is a holdover from the last staff, and the OL coach, who was hired from Ottawa University in Arizona, were hired from college.
  • Max McCaffrey's bio lists literally zero coaching experience. I bet the TE coach, who used to be the UNC offensive coordinator 7 years ago, is really thrilled to be working under an OC with no coaching experience.
  • The DBs coach's bio also lists no coaching experience- it also makes it clear that he is a "volunteer" assistant coach.
Seeing all of that- if this game (at least the first half) is anything less than a complete bloodbath it will be a very long season for CU. It better be something like:

45-7.
Making it somehow even worse, the OC that Max replaced was Dave Baldwin, who had been a HC/OC all over the place.

That is embarrassingly funny. I guess it wasn't enough to bring in his son to be QB...I guess it is true, you cannot have enough nepotism in CFB.

Who is the AD up there anyway, Lisa?
Hey, it isn't complete nepotism.

They haven't put the family dog under contract as the official mascot yet.

Back