What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Buffs vs. Washington Score Prediction Thread

As a UW guy that just read through a couple pages of the pac championship thread somebody just brought up..... most of you guys predictions then was you win. To many of you guys are predictin a loss in this one, that gives me a bad feeling!

The thing that really suprised me is the high score predictions. I think especially bein the first conference game with two good teams it's going to be a low scoriginal game. One of the two teams is going to win it in the 4th quarter.

As a UW guy that just read through a couple pages of the pac championship thread somebody just brought up..... most of you guys predictions then was you win. To many of you guys are predictin a loss in this one, that gives me a bad feeling!

The thing that really suprised me is the high score predictions. I think especially bein the first conference game with two good teams it's going to be a low scoriginal game. One of the two teams is going to win it in the 4th quarter.
I made my pick right after our ****ty outing against N Colo. After some reflection, I think the oddmakers have it right at a 10 point advantage for UW, which should make it a game decided in the 4th quarter.

What I don't know is if our defensive backfield is a facade, meaning - do they look better than they are because of disputable OPI calls v CSU, a dropped bomb by totally outmanned UNC team, etc. What worries me is that that kind of crap won't happen v UDub, and the Buffs could get smoked. Thus the -10 looks doable until you dig a little deeper.

THIS team hasn't shown me anything that would lead me to believe that they are capable of beating Washington....based on what I have seen...UW controls beginning to end. Hope i'm wrong!

UW - 34
CU - 20

Washington 35
Buffs 21

Washington and USC are legit playoff contenders. I think we're a little short this year. Montez is the wild card for me. He could lift us, or dump us. I just don't know what he brings yet, and admittedly the constant chirping causes me to have old man concerns about his mental make up.

Washington 38
Buffs 25

I just see multiple scenarios where UW's speed gives them the edge at some point in the game, most likely on special teams. UW has better line play on both sides, they take care of the ball really well and are extremely disciplined. I think it will play out much like the Pac 12 CCG did, with it being close until the 3rd Q.

Washington 38
Buffs 25

I just see multiple scenarios where UW's speed gives them the edge at some point in the game, most likely on special teams. UW has better line play on both sides, they take care of the ball really well and are extremely disciplined. I think it will play out much like the Pac 12 CCG did, with it being close until the 3rd Q.

The good thing about special teams is that we're at home, and that should take KOs out of the equation.

Punts are the issue, and we better be planning on kicking away from Pettis every time, even if costs us field position.

My gut reaction after the UNC game was 31-10ish but after looking deeper (and I'm drinking lots of kool-aid) I actually think we can pull this off. If you listen to the UW presser with Peterson, they are getting the same questions about the lines and offense clicking that we are. They sturggled early last year in Pac 12 play against Arizona on the road. I think we learn this weekend that Montez is going to be the type of guy that plays best under the brightest lights and the Aussie buries one from 50+ as time expires for the win.

Buffs 24 - 21

Let's get back on track, **** the nubs. we have a big game this weekend, that is what we need to focus on.

Huskies 34 - Buffs 13.

Can we put the Huskies on the schedule as a red-letter game, I like replacing the 1980s-1990s Huskers with the current Huskies as the team to chase and overtake. I'm happy to begrudingly respect and deeply hate Chris Peterson a la Tom Osborne as well.

USA Today

Erick Smith

"The beginning of conference play starts to separate pretenders and contenders. Games have more emotions, and opponents are more familiar with your positives and negatives. Four of the top six teams in the poll go on the road to face unbeaten foes — Alabama (Vanderbilt), Penn State (Iowa), Southern California (California) and Washington (Colorado). Each of the quartet are favored by more than 10 points.
But their trips are not going to be easy. It wouldn’t be a shock for all of the games to be contested into the fourth quarter. The best chance of the upset comes from the Buffaloes, who have been overlooked this season. There’s some extra motivation, too, after a lopsided loss to the Huskies in the Pac-12 championship game."

UW - 24 CU -16. I think it will be lower scoring than many think. Worried about the Buff offense and can they run the ball against UW.

Huskies 34 - Buffs 13.

Can we put the Huskies on the schedule as a red-letter game, I like replacing the 1980s-1990s Huskers with the current Huskies as the team to chase and overtake. I'm happy to begrudingly respect and deeply hate Chris Peterson a la Tom Osborne as well.
How can you hate Chris Peterson? I think he's great. And no. They aren't even in our division.

Back