What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Buffs vs. Washington State Score Prediction Thread

With U$C dominating UDub yesterday, Buffs have no choice but to win the next 2 games to get into the PAC12 championship game. U$C will beat UCLA in its final conference game, and assuming that, the Buffs would need two additional conference wins to win the South. Amirite?
I think our short lived path to the playoff vanished with Saturday's results.

With U$C dominating UDub yesterday, Buffs have no choice but to win the next 2 games to get into the PAC12 championship game. U$C will beat UCLA in its final conference game, and assuming that, the Buffs would need two additional conference wins to win the South. Amirite?

Yes, but - I believe wins by both CU and Utah this weekend will eliminate SC. Let's assume SC beats UCLA and finishes the conference season at 7-2. If CU goes into the final weekend at 7-1 in conference play and Utah is 6-2, then the CU/Utah game is the de facto division title game.

A CU win gives us the clear lead and clean end to the division. A Utah win creates a 3-way tie at 7-2, but the Yoots would have beaten both CU and SC, so it would be an easy tiebreaker.

Yes, but - I believe wins by both CU and Utah this weekend will eliminate SC. Let's assume SC beats UCLA and finishes the conference season at 7-2. If CU goes into the final weekend at 7-1 in conference play and Utah is 6-2, then the CU/Utah game is the de facto division title game.

A CU win gives us the clear lead and clean end to the division. A Utah win creates a 3-way tie at 7-2, but the Yoots would have beaten both CU and SC, so it would be an easy tiebreaker.

You're right. What the USC win yesterday means is that the Buffs have to win the next two games. If Washington had won, then CU could have lost to WSU and still have won the South by beating Utah. That's all past speculation, though.

You're right. What the USC win yesterday means is that the Buffs have to win the next two games. If Washington had won, then CU could have lost to WSU and still have won the South by beating Utah. That's all past speculation, though.

WSU is a must-win game, even though the Buffs could technically lose and remain alive, as long as UCLA beats USC. USC is a heavy 10.5-point favorite and should roll. However, UCLA is still a tough team. They bounced back this week with a win over OSU, and they can still make a bowl if they win out, over USC and Cal. They do have something to play for still (lucky for us), a bowl game and a win over their hated rival. Just beating USC would probably be enough motivation for them, especially at home. This game historically can go either way, even if one of the teams is great and the other sucks. UCLA has some good talent and I'd at least give them a fighting chance.

The timing though is such that UCLA's best chance to win, is if CU (and Utah) have already won earlier in the day. There is a chance USC might be eliminated before they even take the field on Saturday night. If that's the case, they might be so psychologically deflated that they mail it in and lose to the Bruins. But if CU loses earlier in the day, USC will be highly motivated to crush UCLA because they'll have the chance to eliminate CU with a win. The Buffs certainly can't depend on UCLA's help, so absolutely must beat WSU early in the day.

I believe we can win this game, but I have no feeling for how it's going to go.

Does our defense dictate the pace? Do we go faster on offense or continue to go slow? Do we get a defensive score or two?

I really have no idea, so I'm passing on the score predict this week.

To be honest, I fear we're due for a letdown in one of these two final games. I sure as **** hope not, and perhaps it's just a last vestige of the horror years that scarred me so deeply.

Wazzu's road play has been very different than their home play in many instances

Buffs 37
Cougs 31

Not a must win for Wazzu. Essentially a trap game for them with the division title/Apple Cup only 6 days later.

Buffs 38-24

50 points is my benchmark.

Also, WSU will be without their leading receiver.

While River or whatever his name is being out is good, Leach will plug someone in. They'll get their passing yards, granted, we can certainly limit it with our secondary. Wazzu runs a bit more than usual Leach teams, that's my main worry from the Arizona game. Need to cinch that up.

While River or whatever his name is being out is good, Leach will plug someone in. They'll get their passing yards, granted, we can certainly limit it with our secondary. Wazzu runs a bit more than usual Leach teams, that's my main worry from the Arizona game. Need to cinch that up.
True that. Although the fact Faulk is not an "established" running quarterback has me feeling just slightly better...Munoz :-|

So glad this is a home game. Our Buffs need to get back on track last 2 1/2 games have been worrisome. I think we will start off slow again, the coaches will have to remind the team what they are playing for at halftime. Buffs come out and play a more solid 2nd half. Coming from behind -

BUFFS 28
cougs 24

We owe Wazzu some Karma for Embree's win in pullman. That took some real luck.

I don't like this feeling, but it is what I got.
Incorrect. That game was payback for the previous year where WSU scored 2 TD's in the last 2 1/2 minutes to give the Buffs a heartbreaking loss at home. Karma is even.

Incorrect. That game was payback for the previous year where WSU scored 2 TD's in the last 2 1/2 minutes to give the Buffs a heartbreaking loss at home. Karma is even.
True. That score was settled. Besides, the Cougin' It balance should always err on the WSU side. There is no equality in Cougin' It!

Back