What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Buffs vs. Washington State Score Prediction Thread

Interesting to see how lopsided the predictions were for the Arizona game vs the mixed bag here, against a top 10 team and #1 passing offense
Does Cal have the #1 defense in all of college? They held WSU to 19 points. All I know is - Pac-12 = schizo...and you could pay me enough to make wagers on games this year.

Is it too good to be true? Gentleman, he may be back. This changes things.

Oh please sweet baby Jesus be back!

If Viska plays and is healthy, Buffs win. He’s that good.

With Viska, Buffs 45, WSU 41
Without Viska, WSU 45, Buffs 35

I know I am supposed to be a homer, but the way WSU throws the ball and the way CU fails to cover anyone....well the Buffs are in big trouble.

48-31 bad guys.

The incredible WSU passing game was unimpressive at home v Cal. 330 yds but took 51 throws. Unless the Buffs tank, which I think unlikely, I expect MM to get a rare win over a ranked team, put the Buffs in a bowl, and send AB into a frenzy of good cheer. 38-24 Buffs.

I appreciate the optimism on this thread, but I can't get there knowing how badly we've performed in the backfield recently....even if Viska plays.

Buffs: 35
Cougs: 45

The incredible WSU passing game was unimpressive at home v Cal. 330 yds but took 51 throws. Unless the Buffs tank, which I think unlikely, I expect MM to get a rare win over a ranked team, put the Buffs in a bowl, and send AB into a frenzy of good cheer. 38-24 Buffs.
Let me know when Justin Wilcox, Tim DeRuyter and Cal's Secondary is coaching/playing for CU and I'll use what Wazzu did vs Cal as relevant information here.

They’re quite good defensively. It is unsurprising wazzu wasn’t quite their normal selves against the golden bears. I expect them to rebound against the buffs.
Just like the rest of the conference, Cal has been spotty. They did give up 37 to UCLA at home.
Also Wazzu gives up a lot of points on the road and doesn’t have a real quality win. They are nowhere near a top 10 team IMO.
Edit: I don’t think a single team in the PAC-12 is even top 25 worthy. Wazzu for their record, but they are not as good as their ranking. Conference is a joke this year.

Last edited:
Just like the rest of the conference, Cal has been spotty. They did give up 37 to UCLA at home.
Also Wazzu gives up a lot of points on the road and doesn’t have a real quality win. They are nowhere near a top 10 team IMO.

Cal is 31st in scoring defense. Teams are allowed spotty games. They’re college players. Colorado is 61st with multiple spotty games. If we’re assessing risk, I don’t see CU as too big of a stumbling block for one of the country’s best offenses.

Cal is 31st in scoring defense. Teams are allowed spotty games. They’re college players. Colorado is 61st with multiple spotty games. If we’re assessing risk, I don’t see CU as too big of a stumbling block for one of the country’s best offenses.

Again, Wazzus stats are overinflated by playing a pretty easy schedule. Wazzu is not that good sorry. Very overrated team that plays poorly on the road. We might lose because we are Colorado, but it’s not like we are going up against Bama or something. Nothing special at all about Wazzu.

Again, Wazzus stats are overinflated by playing a pretty easy schedule. Wazzu is not that good sorry. Very overrated team that plays poorly on the road. We might lose because we are Colorado, but it’s not like we are going up against Bama or something. Nothing special at all about Wazzu.

No one is special. They’re amateurs.

Edit: I don’t think a single team in the PAC-12 is even top 25 worthy. Wazzu for their record, but they are not as good as their ranking. Conference is a joke this year.

Top 25 is really spotty this year.

You do realize Cal has a top 3 defense in the P12 right?
Cal gave up 37 points to UCLA 2 weeks after the Buffs held them to 16. I understand it can be spun anyway you want, but I’m holding to my prediction, (38-24 Buffs) until proven otherwise. Which certainly could happen.

**** IT... For whatever reason... we tend to own Mike Leach no matter what

38 Buffs
34 Coug'in it

Cal gave up 37 points to UCLA 2 weeks after the Buffs held them to 16. I understand it can be spun anyway you want, but I’m holding to my prediction, (38-24 Buffs) until proven otherwise. Which certainly could happen.

It is not spin to say Cal has a good defense, especially considering their offense does nothing.

Buffs- 31
Cougs- 114 (I'm assuming Landman manages to single handedly stop a few of their drives but our secondary gets torched)

Back