What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Buffs vs. Wazzu Game Thread

I am. I'll be here! I'm enjoying watching the Buffs this season, though obviously my heart will always be with the Tigers. It would be very interesting to see what would happen if Clemson played Colorado in the playoff/bowl game.

Watson and your DL make Clemson a bad matchup for anyone when the other aspects of your team are executing. Because of that, I think Clemson's absolute A+ game beats any other team's absolute A+ game. But we haven't seen anything close to that from them this season.

Watched the game again and I have to say it's probably one of the top 3 games BL has called. JL using a mixture of 3 & 4 rushers was borderline genius throwing wsu off most of the game. I do wish MM would learn to manage his TOs and the clock better though.

How 'bout that double reverse screen pass to Shay for the big 1st down? That play had so much potential for things to go wrong, but it was the right call at the right time and was executed to perfection.

I thought it was Fields from the stands, but it certainly could have been Ross.
I thought on tv it looked like Ross, but I have been known to be wrong in the past.

Edit: here's the video highlight from Pac-12 web site

http://pac-12.com/videos/highlights...o-22-washington-state-critical-pac-12-matchup

Fast-forward to 1:59 where this play begins.

Sefo hands it off to Ross coming around on the reverse. Ross pitches to Ento on the double reverse. Ento pitches it back to Sefo on the flea-flicker. Sefo takes a look downfield for his receiver, who is now out of the frame so you can't see how well he is covered. But it is the TE but can't tell from the video if it's Irwin or Keeney (or someone else), and Sefo doesn't waste a lot of time on him. Sefo throws the screen pass to hit outlet, Ross, who runs down the sideline and picks up the first down. Wazzu defenders totally lost track of Ross and covered the middle of the field.

Man, Lindgren takes a lot of heat from the fan base, but this was a brilliant play call by the OC, and executed to perfection. A lot of times complex plays like this blow up or sniffed out by the D, but they had WSU running everywhere completely befuddled. Play it back a few times, it's awesome.

Last edited:
Sefo said he was supposed to throw it earlier but their DLine was gassed and it so long for them to get to him. That's why it looked like a slow developing play.

After rewatching the game, a big hat tip to Sean Irwin. His blocking was phenomenal. #4 on their D is going to have nightmares of Irwin running him out of play after play. I like when they leave Frazier or Irwin as blockers on passes, Lindsay is a stud but their size makes a big difference.
Players make plays, players win games. This was a team victory.

I like the bell/gong tolling on 3rd downs. It can sound really ominous and gets the crowd riled up. I'd save it for 3rds w/ 5 or more yards to go, turn up the volume and sound it 4 or 5 times.

"ask not for whom the bell tolls..."

Watson and your DL make Clemson a bad matchup for anyone when the other aspects of your team are executing. Because of that, I think Clemson's absolute A+ game beats any other team's absolute A+ game. But we haven't seen anything close to that from them this season.
100% correct. If Clemson plays at its potential, there's no stopping them...the problem is, this season they've been all over the place mentally. Here's to hoping the next 4 games is something good...

We're top 10 and the fans are screaming it sucks to be a csu ram? Lol.
I had to rewind the DVR several times to convince myself that they were actually cheering that. It's a little bit amusing, but also a little disappointing, nobody should care about CSU at this point in the season, CSU should be long-forgotten. They aren't worthy of mention after a victory like this.

I had to rewind the DVR several times to convince myself that they were actually cheering that. It's a little bit amusing, but also a little disappointing, nobody should care about CSU at this point in the season, CSU should be long-forgotten. They aren't worthy of mention after a victory like this.
Agree, in fact, I want the lammies to win out, which will only help our position.

Agree, in fact, I want the lammies to win out, which will only help our position.

Absolutely. If they win @ SDSU to finish 7-5, that's another CU win over a bowl team with a winning record on our resume. Only reason I'm paying attention to CSU results the past few weeks.

I sucks we've been so bad that somehow the students care about CSU now. Hopefully that series is done for good. We have precious few OOC games now and I hate to waste one on that game.

Does anyone recognize the older guy singing the fight song with the team in the middle of the locker room? If that's a fan or a booster, that's one hell of an ultimate Buff Experience.

Believe that guy is Pasta Jay.

He appears to be having the time of his life. I'm glad to see that the Buff's ecosystem is inclusive of players, coaches, family of players, the administration, and fans.

It takes each all of these groups working together to rise up.

Rewatched the game of Football in 60...love that show. The first half was tough to watch...so ugly on both sides...3 dropped TD passes, missed wide-open WRs, unforced fumble, 1 yd punt, unforced botched FG, **** reffing. Second half much cleaner.

Rewatched the game of Football in 60...love that show. The first half was tough to watch...so ugly on both sides...3 dropped TD passes, missed wide-open WRs, unforced fumble, 1 yd punt, unforced botched FG, **** reffing. Second half much cleaner.
In agreement, but it actually looks cleaner on tv then in person. Watching the game live seemed like more errors, extremely ****ty reffing. The targeting call some missed holding calls seemed more prevalent in person.
I love DVR. Allsome being able to rewatch games and better then the days I had to set the damn VCR to have it run out of tape.

Back