What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Buffs vs. Wazzu Score Prediction Thread (Now Brought to you by CharGriller)

The only thing stopping Wazzou from scoring will be Wazzou.

WSU - whatever they want
CU - probably around 28.

Their D line worries me and they can get some serious edge rush..saying that, we need to attack the middle and swing passes - hope Lyndsay can hold up to 40+ carries? we just give up to many deep balls and slants across the middle and Falk is good at those throws with no pressure.

BUFFS 24
cougs 38

Cougs - 49
Buffs - 18

Our defensive front is going to have a long day. Cougs are going to run up the middle for big gains, then complete 100 passes dragging behind our inside linebackers.

Wazzu- 47
CU-20

EDIT: No change, I am utterly confident my prognostications will net me a grill. I think.

Last edited:
ouch. The usually half full guys are starting to doubt, including Me.
Well, I really think the team has regressed. I thought 8-4 was a realistic probability.

WSU is a poor match up. It is made even worse by two things I have seen thus far this year.

Leach teams are slowed down by effective blitzing and keeping the QB under pressure and disguised coverages. CU has done neither well this year. Second, you keep the ball out of the hands of the Leach offense by running, running and running some more. WSU is the #10 D overall and 35 rush D. They are the 3d best rush D CU has faced, the best being UW (CU had 95 yds. rushing) and the second, oddly enough, being CSU (CU had 143 rushing).

Well, I really think the team has regressed. I thought 8-4 was a realistic probability.

WSU is a poor match up. It is made even worse by two things I have seen thus far this year.

Leach teams are slowed down by effective blitzing and keeping the QB under pressure and disguised coverages. CU has done neither well this year. Second, you keep the ball out of the hands of the Leach offense by running, running and running some more. WSU is the #10 D overall and 35 rush D. They are the 3d best rush D CU has faced, the best being UW (CU had 95 yds. rushing) and the second, oddly enough, being CSU (CU had 143 rushing).

I think it is fair to question that Wazzu rushing defense. They have faced two good rushing offenses in USC and Oregon, really only shutting down Oregon. They face CU, Arizona, Stanford the next three weeks. Those three teams are running the ball as well as anyone in the country right now.

Yeah and the issue is when we blitz teams seem to know exactly where it is coming from and they make the throw right where that person came from. I think Shadon Brown and Mac have to do a better job disguising where the empty zones are going to be when they blitz by rotating other players over instead of going so vanilla.

Back