What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CFB Playoff discussion thread

not worked up... just carrying water for the p12. because it is good for us if utah doesn't get ****ed. we need more tv $$$, more exposure, and more respect as a conference.
I'm hoping Utah takes care of business Friday and they get in because I think it'd be good for our league.
Don't we make more money if Utah is in the playoff? That's a big reason to root for them, if true.
This.

I'm not cheering for Utah to get in because I think they are materially better than OU.

I'm cheering for the Pac12, because that's our ****ing conference, and when the P12 does well, CU does well.

There are several million reasons for every CU fan to cheer for, loudly argue for, and hope Utah gets in over OU. RG could probably find a pretty good use for those couple extra million reasons.

not worked up... just carrying water for the p12. because it is good for us if utah doesn't get ****ed. we need more tv $$$, more exposure, and more respect as a conference. utah still doesn't scare me as a long term rival.
Look at that, we found common ground. Agreed on this point. I would rather Utah get in that Oklahoma.

I'll double down: if OU and Utah both win, and it isn't in such a way that Utah curbstomps Oregon while OU slithers by Baylor, then Oklahoma will get the spot.

They have basically equivalent losses: Road losses to 8-4 teams. And while one could make the argument that USC is better than KState, their resumes are nearly identical. Both have looked like ass at times this year and have a random upset.

OU currently has two "Top 25" wins: #25 Oklahoma State and #7 Baylor
Utah has zero.

OU will play the #7 team
Utah will play the #13 team

So presumably you'd have OU with three top 25 wins and two of which against a higher ranked Baylor team versus Utah's lone win against a lower-ranked Oregon.

Objectively OU would have a better profile, but subjectively I agree that Utah has looked better. The tell that the committee is setting up Oklahoma to get in is the fact that they left Oklahoma State right at 25 (down only 4 spots) after a very unimpressive loss. That can give them the above talking points when defending their decision. They can sneakily drop OSU out to favor Utah if the Utes embarrass the Ducks.

I would rather not be correct and the PAC needs to show up on a national stage, but I really don't see how this shapes up for the Utes without them looking amazing or OU ****ting the bed.

I think this is spot on. For the PAC's sake I'd rather Utah get in over OU, but if I'm judging the resumes (assuming both win the CCG), I think it's close enough I could see arguments for either getting the bid.

Thanks. I'm not going to be furious if Utah misses out-I'm just glad we have a CFP to look forward to this year without Alabama in it.

I view Clemson as the team to beat. Also, think Ohio State is most vulnerable to being upset.

If televised would you watch the CFP Committee deliberations to determine the top 12?

In regards to those saying OU and UU would both get dominated, I kinda disagree with that from UU standpoint. I think LSU is the most vulnerable because they are the least complete team out of the top 3. Sure their offense is unreal but their defense is pretty mediocre. They are very similar to OU's style of team from last year. I think Utah has the defense to keep any of those offenses at least somewhat in check (read: 30 or less) and the offense to put up something in that range.

I view Clemson as the team to beat. Also, think Ohio State is most vulnerable to being upset.
I agree with Clemson being the team to beat. But I think LSU is most vulnerable because of their defense. Why do you say tOSU is most vulnerable?

In regards to those saying OU and UU would both get dominated, I kinda disagree with that from UU standpoint. I think LSU is the most vulnerable because they are the least complete team out of the top 3. Sure their offense is unreal but their defense is pretty mediocre. They are very similar to OU's style of team from last year. I think Utah has the defense to keep any of those offenses at least somewhat in check (read: 30 or less) and the offense to put up something in that range.
Yeah I see LSU as the most vulnerable right now. Ohio State and Clemson are both really good teams that can beat you with either side of the ball.

One thing people aren’t taking into factor, is Utah’s unreal bowl game record under KW. That means a lot imo.

OU -3 vs UU on neutral if you like that kind of thing. I do wish Committee used Vegas Power Rankings, if they don’t already.

I agree with Clemson being the team to beat. But I think LSU is most vulnerable because of their defense. Why do you say tOSU is most vulnerable?

I think Ohio State has yet to be challenged by the caliber of defensive lines or offenses they will see in the playoffs.

I agree with the notion that the committee has been sneakily setting up OU to jump Utah by ranking ****bailer and OSU higher than they should be. @Kuratz makes the point, as a whole, the eye test says Utah, but the resume is going to say OU, partially because of inflated rankings.

Agree about Clemson but like @Bread said I think LSU is the most vulnerable to being upset because of their defense. I think LSU is especially vulnerable tomorrow because they're safely in the playoff plus it's going to be a pro-Georgia crowd.

OU and Utah are pretty similar teams overall. S&P+ shows they're pretty much on par with each other. They have pretty similar resumes. I suspect that in the end, the committee will go with the one that will draw more eyeballs. That's Oklahoma.

Program brand name is a factor I've heard discussed when it comes to OU/Utah/Baylor, but I've also heard the reverse thought that the committee might lean toward Utah if they win just to make a point they don't put a team in based on their brand. In the end I think it'll come down to if one of these 3 teams wins impressively, if any of them do. But who knows what the hell the committe thinks, their narrative seems to change week to week.

Finally, this Big 12/Utah discussion is all moot unless both Utah and LSU win and I don't think both of those will happen.

decent chance utah shats the bed tonight. it is the p12 way. the conference is waiting on a hero who will rise up and start stomping some sec, b12, and b10 ass, and clemson (the rest of that conf is complete dog ****).

the Buffs are that hero.

HERE COME THE ASSHOLES. the national edition, part 2.

Game over. The Duck folks have to be waking up at night screaming about the loss to the Sun Devils....

I'll double down: if OU and Utah both win, and it isn't in such a way that Utah curbstomps Oregon while OU slithers by Baylor, then Oklahoma will get the spot.

They have basically equivalent losses: Road losses to 8-4 teams. And while one could make the argument that USC is better than KState, their resumes are nearly identical. Both have looked like ass at times this year and have a random upset.

OU currently has two "Top 25" wins: #25 Oklahoma State and #7 Baylor
Utah has zero.

OU will play the #7 team
Utah will play the #13 team

So presumably you'd have OU with three top 25 wins and two of which against a higher ranked Baylor team versus Utah's lone win against a lower-ranked Oregon.

Objectively OU would have a better profile, but subjectively I agree that Utah has looked better. The tell that the committee is setting up Oklahoma to get in is the fact that they left Oklahoma State right at 25 (down only 4 spots) after a very unimpressive loss. That can give them the above talking points when defending their decision. They can sneakily drop OSU out to favor Utah if the Utes embarrass the Ducks.

I would rather not be correct and the PAC needs to show up on a national stage, but I really don't see how this shapes up for the Utes without them looking amazing or OU ****ting the bed.
If all that is true, why was Utah ranked above OU? Unless one of the games it a complete blowout, the only thing new would be a win over a slightly better ranked team. I find it difficult to believe that everything else you mentioned would suddenly look different to the committee next week when it wasn’t enough to put Ou ahead of Utah this week.

If all that is true, why was Utah ranked above OU? Unless one of the games it a complete blowout, the only thing new would be a win over a slightly better ranked team. I find it difficult to believe that everything else you mentioned would suddenly look different to the committee next week when it wasn’t enough to put Ou ahead of Utah this week.

Throw in another win against a higher ranked team in Baylor. Doesn’t matter now Utes **** the bed

Back