What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CFB Playoff discussion thread

Only based on information available at the time of the poll. They will have new info next week after game.
Like what? Clemson beat another mediocre team? It is too subjective. Getting the 2 best teams somewhere in the top 4 is relatively easy. Choosing #3 and # 4 is a crap shoot. P5 champs and a wildcard seems fairest to me.

Move to 6? Top two get byes? First round played on campus? Prevents good 5-6 team from sitting as could happen this year.

I'd be fine with that-which probably gives us all five conference champions plus the Alabama-LSU loser unless they stub their toe.

Like what? Clemson beat another mediocre team? It is too subjective. Getting the 2 best teams somewhere in the top 4 is relatively easy. Choosing #3 and # 4 is a crap shoot. P5 champs and a wildcard seems fairest to me.
Game control, efficiency, FPI, SP+, side by side advanced metrics, DOS, SOR, modified Delphi process, expertise, former coaches,

Like what? Like that.

How many times did they get the wrong teams out of the 20 choices they have made?

Clemson's in if they run the table. I don't get why you want to die on that hill.

They seem likely out with one loss though. Wake?

That game's at Clemson-I know they blew a game to Pitt or somebody at home this time of year and still made the championship game a few years back, but I'd still lean their way. They're another team who is probably rooting for Minnesota this morning and LSU this afternoon.

Game control, efficiency, FPI, SP+, side by side advanced metrics, DOS, SOR, modified Delphi process, expertise, former coaches,

Like what? Like that.

How many times did they get the wrong teams out of the 20 choices they have made?
I admit ignorance of the details of most of the metrics you posted. However, either LSU or Alabama losing in a good game when playing each other should trump Clemson dominating NC State regardless of what your metrics say, but it won’t. As far as getting it wrong, nobody really knows. A lot of the playoff games have been beat downs, and it is pretty likely they got it wrong on some of their #3 and #4 picks.

Clemson's in if they run the table. I don't get why you want to die on that hill.
I know, like everybody else in the country and everybody on the selection committee, that Clemson is in the top 4 if they win out. The committee put them at #5 to make a show that all their metrics matter, knowing that after this weekend either LSU or Alabama will have a loss and they can put Clemson in.

I know, like everybody else in the country and everybody on the selection committee, that Clemson is in the top 4 if they win out. The committee put them at #5 to make a show that all their metrics matter, knowing that after this weekend either LSU or Alabama will have a loss and they can put Clemson in.

You're probably right-dont forget about about a PSU loss

If tOSU, LSU and Clemson run the table then it will come down to Bama, Oregon and OU for the last spot, assuming Oregon and OU also win out of course. It would certainly go to Baylor if they win out but I don't see that happening (I really thought they'd lose yesterday). If a 1-loss UGA beats LSU in the SECCG then I think both LSU and UGA would get in along with OSU and Clemson.

If tOSU, LSU and Clemson run the table then it will come down to Bama, Oregon and OU for the last spot, assuming Oregon and OU also win out of course. It would certainly go to Baylor if they win out but I don't see that happening (I really thought they'd lose yesterday). If a 1-loss UGA beats LSU in the SECCG then I think both LSU and UGA would get in along with OSU and Clemson.
Agree. I love UGA’s D. I don’t think they can slow LSU O and score enough points to beat LSU. Two tall orders. And I picked them to win natty.

Agree. I love UGA’s D. I don’t think they can slow LSU O and score enough points to beat LSU. Two tall orders. And I picked them to win natty.

Georgia has been solid if not spectacular all season, the USC game aside. Their leading receiver got hurt yesterday and his status is uncertain, that's a big blow to a receiving corps that was very thin on experience.

Alabama's heading for the Sugar Bowl barring some epic collapse by LSU or two of the Big 12, Pac 12, and Big 10 putting out two loss champs.

Week 2 rankings out.

Observations: Ohio State, Clemson, and LSU are all in complete control of their fates. Committee doesn't respect **** Bailer right now (they're at #13) or the Big 12 in general-Oklahoma's 10th. Alabama still 5th, but their ceiling isn't much higher than that in my opinion unless LSU or the Pac 12 teams collapse (If Oregon and Utah get to the P12 title game at 11-1, Alabama doesn't have anything that holds a candle to that).

Last edited:

Week 3. Top 7 the same. Big note: USC enters at #23. Great news for Oregon and Utah-Utah's loss to USC is now that much better, and Oregon's resume got a huge boost with the W over them. Gotta think they both move ahead of Alabama next week with wins over the Arizona schools Saturday. Really want one of our teams back in this year.

It aint happening but I think the B10 is out then.

I agree-chances of it happening are low, but still. My guess is 12-1 OSU actually goes and Wisconsin would go to the Rose Bowl. They'd have wins over Wisky, Penn State, and Michigan. Hard to pass that up for Oklahoma IMO-Land Thief resume if they won out is a sweep over Baylor.

Back