What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CFP Selection Freakout Thread

I’m not defaulting to Vegas. I just asked a question.

My default is comparing Bama and FSU according to the Committee protocol.

There are five criteria. Two favor Bama. One is not relevant. And they are equal on the other two.

This is how the Committee made their decision.

What is the weighting for each part of the criteria?

I'm sick of the SEC. I root against Alabama all the time - and it pisses me off when they pull yet another game out of their ass. But anyone who thinks that Florida State is better than Alabama right now is either kidding themselves - or they didn't watch the games.

I'm sick of the SEC. I root against Alabama all the time - and it pisses me off when they pull yet another game out of their ass. But anyone who thinks that Florida State is better than Alabama right now is either kidding themselves - or they didn't watch the games.

I watch the games. Neither team seems like a juggernaut to me.

Why did Bama not get punished for an ugly win over Auburn?

The committee basically said that last Tuesday-FSU was four and Alabama was four spots behind them.

I hate what TV has done to this sport.

Maybe they should put in the 4th and 31 protocol when playing a ****ty team. They should lose more influence for having their healthy starting quarterback in there as well.
Shouldn't teams actually be rewarded for winning without their starters? 🤔

Shouldn't the fact that UGA was missing their whole receiving corp reflect negatively on Bama since they only won by 3 🤔

Shouldn't teams actually be rewarded for winning without their starters? 🤔

Shouldn't the fact that UGA was missing their whole receiving corp reflect negatively on Bama since they only won by 3 🤔
Exactly and last I checked bama has a big fat L and FSU does not. I don't even like FSU but **** this.

Why did Bama not get punished for an ugly win over Auburn?

They were the lowest ranked one-loss team. Below them were Missouri, Penn State, OIe Miss, and Oklahoma (all with two losses). How do you propose they should have been "punished" by the lackluster game against Auburn?

They were the lowest ranked one-loss team. Below them were Missouri, Penn State, OIe Miss, and Oklahoma (all with two losses). How do you propose they should have been "punished" by the lackluster game against Auburn?

Since wins are not a criteria, you can rank two-loss teams above them.

By being kept out of the playoff? 🤷
It's all about those:

Make It Rain Money GIF

****em

Because Alabama beat a team who played a non-conference schedule that included Ball State, UAB, and Tennessee-Martin?
SOS is important when teams are comparable. Bama has a better SOS than FSU. That includes the teams you mentioned.

Hank forgetting Bama needed a "4th and a mile" miracle to get to 11-1.

I thought the 1994 Buffs were severely overrated. People didn't account for the Hail Mary. Take that away, they were pretty mediocre.

Back