What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Coaching Search Thread

I'm starting to think that RG already has a deal in place with someone who is coaching this weekend.
I completely agree. RG already knew who he wanted before he pulled the trigger.

He is very very aware of the upcoming signing day and probably has all the groundwork laid and is just waiting for championship Saturday to pull the trigger.

I'm starting to think that RG already has a deal in place with someone who is coaching this weekend.

Not sure if he has a deal in place (you never know a guy is coming until he officially accepts and sometimes not even then), but yes, I think things move quickly starting Sunday.

Washington plays Friday night. So if it's Lake, we can have it done by Saturday or Sunday, hopefully. ND is done until the playoff, so nothing stopping us from hiring Long now, if he's the guy.

For me, on a scale of 1-10
Day- 9
Holgorsen- 9
Mel Tucker- 8
Jimmy Lake- 7
Jim Mora- 7
Aranda- 7
Chip Long- 6
Harsin- 6
Jedd Fisch-3
Jim Leavitt- 3
Kiffin- 0

I completely agree. RG already knew who he wanted before he pulled the trigger.

He is very very aware of the upcoming signing day and probably has all the groundwork laid and is just waiting for championship Saturday to pull the trigger.

Would be sweet if this is what will happen. Try to steal some thunder and force attention to CU on the national networks.

Day would be a huge home run! dana would be great also.

Others have risks.

There is a big push in Boulder for Pagano. Which I really hope is not the case

Using logic and assuming RG would like the next coach to get a jump on recruiting, I would think the following would be eliminated from consideration
Aranda
Mason
Leavitt
Long
Holgorsen
Babers

Top 5 in order for me:
Lake
Day
Long
Aranda
Venables

Nightmare 5 in order:
Leavitt
Bitch Jones
Pagano
Mora
Kiffin

*EDIT AFTER SEEING RECENT POST*

Way below any person on this list or in college or high school football is:

ROPER

Last edited:
It does feel like there is a deal in place for someone in Champ games!!!

My gut tells me Lake is the guy. His Friday radio comment is a perfect smoke screen to keep things quiet and folks off his trail.

If it is down to Lake or Day, we are in heaven!

Sunday seems perfect to have him down for an introduction, or Day on Monday. Most others seem to be out of it.

Has anyone discussed the possibility of Roper?

He does not seem to be HC material, and could not multi-task at all! He is and always will be a QB coach. I like Roper in that spot, and I think he actually has a little leverage in that Montez and Evans are verbally supporting him to stay. Cannot force a new coach to keep anyone, but a value proposition has to be considered when you have an Elite 11 QB on standby

What if Bohn had done his homework and figured out Petersen was brains behind Boise’s success and hired him rather than Hawkins? Where would we be now?

I pose that in light of the current search. I hope and expect RG is doing his homework.

Im not sure how he would have found out that answer. People that wanted Hawkins to go away would have encouraged Bohn. Or maybe the two complimented each other. Sort of like Stoops has never been the same without Veneables.

Im not sure how he would have found out that answer. People that wanted Hawkins to go away would have encouraged Bohn. Or maybe the two complimented each other. Sort of like Stoops has never been the same without Veneables.
I thought it was fairly well known that Petersen was the biggest reason for their success. Be that as it may, what if Bonn had hired him instead of the Machu Picchu guy?

tenor.gif

Back