What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Coaching Search Thread

What is RG telling the players?
Who is interim coach, because the news says Fired, not Parting Ways at end of season?

I’m on the who are these guys, train? I’ll take my backseat and enjoy the conversation because I know none of these coaches were discussing. All I want is someone with experience, no experiments.

Do the NFL tampering rules apply to colleges as well?

As in that we'd have to abide by those rules? No, why should they? How can the NFL punish us? Not like they can dock us draft picks. Remember Petrino and Saban.

Isnt it pretty common practice? Any major CFB searches done without recently?

I don't know. Did we use one for Mac? I think we did for HaLk. I just kinda think you'd have an idea of who you want and how people feel about your vacancy before you fire your guy, right?

If we were to get Holgorsen there would be no more kleenex left in my house...

I don't know. Did we use one for Mac? I think we did for HaLk. I just kinda think you'd have an idea of who you want and how people feel about your vacancy before you fire your guy, right?
I feel the search firm now it just used as an intermediary between candidate and athletic department. Not really to help find a coach

Search firms are absolutely used as an intermediary.
Yep. I think all they really do is make it possible to reach out to a lot of people through the agents while both sides can maintain deniability that they are talking. Sometimes, I guess, they'll let an AD know that someone is available who the AD wouldn't have thought would be available. (i.e., a Dana Holgorsen type who is 8-2 at a P5 and makes a little more money than the coach CU just fired.)

Back