What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Colorado State Game Thread

Yeah, Norvell is all in on dirty play. **** that guy. What does he think he's teaching these kids? That cheating is OK if you really, really want something? That cutting corners is just what you do to try and get ahead?
Every expert Collegiate or NFL Official has said it was dirty, and they even mention that it might generate a rule change like the NFL where they can expand a late hit with intent, as the targeting rule has gotten too specific and is missing the point on injuring players.

I don't make too much of the "low fives." But you can see Blackburn clearly tracking Travis from the end zone angle - and you can see how the ball isn't remotely close to Hunter. He was waiting for an opportunity to hit Hunter. He doesn't do this if it's another player. He absolutely intended to hurt Travis.

Death threats are uncalled for. Do I feel any sympathy for him? None. FAFO. Blackburn chose this.

Just read that Norvell had this rep at Nevada for cheap shots and dirty play before coming to CSU.

It is who he is.

**** that asshole - I now agree that IF there is a contract clause regarding conference realignment, we should tell them to **** off and put the series on hold until Norvell is gone.

1695075928831.png

If you look at the video in the Tweet Yak posted and then these images from Lebron, I question if it was a tag team effort - CB holds up the arms of the best player on the other team allowing the safety a free cheap shot to the midsection.

Norvell is dead to me.

I don't make too much of the "low fives." But you can see Blackburn clearly tracking Travis from the end zone angle - and you can see how the ball isn't remotely close to Hunter. He was waiting for an opportunity to hit Hunter. He doesn't do this if it's another player. He absolutely intended to hurt Travis.

Death threats are uncalled for. Do I feel any sympathy for him? None. FAFO. Blackburn chose this.
Exactly this. Those low-five interactions didn't necessarily feel celebratory. I noted exactly what you did - Blackburn was only focused on Hunter for that entire play. Why not make a play on the ball? Because he had one thing in mind - hurting Travis. And standing over Travis like Ali was pretty telling too.

Bang bang play? No intent? 17 or whatever illegitimate penalties? Norvell is a POS. He could fix a lot of this just by apologizing. Same with that #11 POS. Everything he's saying and not saying tells me he's dirty.
I'm sure that Norvell has expressed concern for Travis' health, which is the minimum standard for decency here. Have I just missed it?

Would not be surprised if a lot of death threats are coming from people with a little too much money on games/Heisman race

Also, looks like CSU’s PR move is working just how they planned

Last edited:
Yeah, Norvell is all in on dirty play. **** that guy. What does he think he's teaching these kids? That cheating is OK if you really, really want something? That cutting corners is just what you do to try and get ahead?
I think this is just another reason we’re lucky that we have coach Prime. CP emphasizes character and he leads by example too. He just plans to win. He is just building a team that will become a national championship contender. And he does it through talent and skill, not dirty plays or cheating.

Bang bang play? No intent? 17 or whatever illegitimate penalties? Norvell is a POS. He could fix a lot of this just by apologizing. Same with that #11 POS. Everything he's saying and not saying tells me he's dirty.

Norvell's description of the play as a "bang-bang" play is very dishonest. A "bang-bang" play involves a play where the ball is in play. Just because the play was live or close to dead - that doesn't make the play a bang-bang play. The defender has to make a play on the ball. Defenders are not allowed to go head hunting just because a ball in thrown in the direction of the receiver. The play happened nowhere near the ball.

Norvell knows this. But we don't know why he is lying. Is he covering his own ass? Or is he just covering for one of his players.

“Bang-bang? More like bang————-bang.
I think that Norvell has a chance to show some leadership. As the leader of the team, shouldn’t he just come out and say that the hit on Travis Hunter was wrong? And then suspend the player or do something to send a message that this is important? Otherwise it just continues to look like they coach the players to do this, whether it’s true or not.

“I reviewed the play, it’s a play that happens sometimes," Norvell said."It was a bang-bang type of a play. That’s certainly not something that we teach"

So - kind of a contradictory statement - "there was nothing wrong with it, just part of the game, but we don't teach the part that was wrong, if there was something wrong, which there wasn't. Oh, and the penalty negated a great play."

Jake Plummer lol. Posted it here since it involves the CSU game. There are also some twitter comments at the end hilarious.

An Arizona State football quarterback legend was seen supporting the Colorado Buffaloes at the Colorado vs. Colorado State college football game on Saturday night in Boulder, Colo. while the Sun Devils took on Fresno State in Tempe.

A lot of ASU football fans sounded off on the legend when they found out about it on social media.

That legend, Jake Plummer, was shown in a photo at the game wearing a Colorado shirt as the Buffaloes took on the Rams.

Link to yahoo article

I think that Norvell has a chance to show some leadership. As the leader of the team, shouldn’t he just come out and say that the hit on Travis Hunter was wrong? And then suspend the player or do something to send a message that this is important? Otherwise it just continues to look like they coach the players to do this, whether it’s true or not.
It’s true

Back