What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Colorado State Game Thread

The chop block was kind of weak but it looked like their center or guard cut Cokes down while being somewhat engaged with their right guard or tackle.
Chop blocks have been a point of emphasis because they have such a high potential for injury. Easy rule of thumb for offensive linemen. If a defender is engaged stay off his legs or the flag comes out.

On the pick play once the QB commits to it looking like a passing play the downfield rules apply. If he pulls it down to run the pick was still illegal. This is like if you have a defensive back holding a WR. If the QB pulls the ball down and runs the defensive holding as if it were a passing play still applies.

I re-watched the game last night. In Norvell's post game statement he made a comment that the penalties were excessive, but insinuated it was the fault of the refs and that the calls took away from the great effort of his players. In watching the game it was easily apparent that 15 of the 17 accepted penalties were obvious penalties. There were two that I am unable to qualify, and didn't know if arm chair refs could clarify:

In the 2nd quarter on the final CSU TD drive there was a call for an illegal chop block at the 4. CSU ended up scoring two plays later so it really didn't matter, but I was unable to see the illegal block on the screen. Did anyone see what happened that drew the call?

The OT play where the receiver ran across the field and did the pick which ended up being a blind side hit. The pick was obvious, but the QB ran the ball instead of throwing. It was a decent hit, but I do not know the rules well enough to know the qualifications of personal foul blind side hit.

Illegal blindside block is defined as a foul if a player initiates a block when his path is toward or parallel to his own end line and makes forcible contact to his opponent with his helmet, forearm, or shoulder. Horton threw his shoulder towards the other goal line to hit Marvin Ham - textbook penalty.

Just finished rewatching the game on TV plus the WOM and CU AD highlights. Holy sh!t, there could've been 20-25 blatant holds and 5-10 more chop blocks called on the CSU OLine. Just blatant tackling going on. WTAF were the officials watching? I'm all for keeping the flow, but c'mon!

Rewatching the game.

Shedeur has ice water running through his veins. His expression doesn’t change at all during the end of regulation and in OT.

As Prime has said, this is who he is. Many are just finding out about it.

It reminds me of Tiger Woods and his dad. The story goes something like, when Tiger was practicing, his dad would say the most vile insults to Tiger and try to throw him off while putting and yelling in his back swing. This allowed Tiger to be able to deal with any situation and not get flustered.

Shedeur has always had that added pressure being a Sanders and I have to imagine that Prime has coached him hard so that he can stay so cool under pressure.

Rewatching the game.

Shedeur has ice water running through his veins. His expression doesn’t change at all during the end of regulation and in OT.

As Prime has said, this is who he is. Many are just finding out about it.

It reminds me of Tiger Woods and his dad. The story goes something like, when Tiger was practicing, his dad would say the most vile insults to Tiger and try to throw him off while putting and yelling in his back swing. This allowed Tiger to be able to deal with any situation and not get flustered.

Shedeur has always had that added pressure being a Sanders and I have to imagine that Prime has coached him hard so that he can stay so cool under pressure.
Shedeur has the pressure of being a Sanders but also grew up with the influence of his dad.

Prime as a player was disliked by so many because big moments elevated him instead of getting to him. He lived for the moments that crushed other players.

Be it super bowls and the world series or being in man coverage on the very best receivers when the game was on the line those moments were what he lived for. He loved the camera and he loved the sports world paying attention to him.

Had he been a basketball player he would have been the guy you wanted taking the game winning shot every time because that was who he is.

It looks like Shedeur has picked that same mentality up from his dad. Need 97 yards and a TD plus the 2 point conversion to tie the game, just turn the camera on and watch me do it.

It was very reminiscent of the John Elwy drive against Cleveland, "We've got them right where we want them." It isn't just he believes, it is that his presence makes the whole team believe.

Knowing the history of the series on the other side of the ball there had to be unspoken a certain amount of "Here we go again." When Shedeur made the plays in the OTs CSU was destined to fail.

sad talk show GIF by iOne Digital

Just finished rewatching the game on TV plus the WOM and CU AD highlights. Holy sh!t, there could've been 20-25 blatant holds and 5-10 more chop blocks called on the CSU OLine. Just blatant tackling going on. WTAF were the officials watching? I'm all for keeping the flow, but c'mon!
My son is pretty astute. He said that CSU was constantly going for Shedeur’s ankles. He said on one play Kamara twisted Shedeur’s ankle in what appeared to be an attempt to injure. Can any of you confirm?

Back